Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 10-02-2008, 10:37 PM

202 posts, read 539,559 times

Advertisements

She is the new messiah!!

I thought that was Bush?
Oh well that didn't work out so well.

Time to find another.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 10-02-2008, 10:39 PM

61,286 posts, read 87,483,906 times
i keep seeing posts on CDF announcing imminant GOP victory at hand.
it reminds me of tariz aziz - there are no american tanks in bagdad.

Last edited by Huckleberry3911948; 10-02-2008 at 10:53 PM..

Old 10-02-2008, 10:40 PM

3,425 posts, read 6,313,714 times
Her statement about the "toxic mess on Main Street affecting Wall Street" really made a lot of sense. Very good performance!

Old 10-02-2008, 10:41 PM

35,016 posts, read 39,186,811 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Repubocrat View Post
Her statement about the "toxic mess on Main Street affecting Wall Street" really made a lot of sense. Very good performance!
Oh! I get it.

Old 10-02-2008, 10:42 PM

5,658 posts, read 6,283,168 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kerby W-R View Post
She even stated to the moderator that she wasn't going to answer the questions !
I believe she stated that she wouldn't answer the questions the way she or Joe might like her to. In other words, her manner and method of answering them might not conform to what they wanted.

I did NOT read this as "I will not answer your questions."

Also, much was made of her desire to expand the role of the VP. Again, I think she fumbled a bit here but was really just mentioning that one of the (minor) roles of VP is to (rarely) cast the deciding vote in the Senate. I think too much was made of this.

Thank you to those few who have an objective viewpoint in this thread.

Old 10-02-2008, 10:45 PM

35,016 posts, read 39,186,811 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Nepenthe View Post
I believe she stated that she wouldn't answer the questions the way she or Joe might like her to. In other words, her manner and method of answering them might not conform to what they wanted.

Also, much was made of her desire to expand the role of the VP. Again, I think she fumbled a bit here but was really just mentioning that one of the (minor) roles of VP is to (rarely) cast the deciding vote in the Senate. I think too much was made of this.

Thank you to those few who have an objective viewpoint in this thread.
Quaff, O quaff that kind red Kool-Aid...

Dont you think she should know the duties of the job she's applying for?

Old 10-02-2008, 10:46 PM

11,449 posts, read 14,477,661 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by delusianne View Post

Dont you think she should know the duties of the job she's applying for?
That was an absolute disgrace. She didn't know and Joe had to come in and school her about it.

Old 10-02-2008, 10:50 PM

1,477 posts, read 4,407,780 times
Quote:

I read this as "I lack the depth and fundamental understanding of the question to sound even halfway informed on the issue, so instead I will avoid the question (and very likely the entire topic!) by falling back on memorized talking points and corny sayings."

Quote:
It is yet more evidence of her lack of understanding of the basic and fundamental aspects of the federal executive and its relationship to the other branches of government. Scary that someone lacking such basic knowledge has a decent shot at being elected Vice President.

Look, if I interview someone and they keep falling back on their "crutch" lines when asked different questions, it tells me that they don't really understand the questions I am asking. I get the same impression when I hear Gov. Palin answer questions.

Old 10-02-2008, 10:53 PM

2,905 posts, read 7,354,036 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by smd1998 View Post

She impressed me and even Joe Biden was impressed with her.

Are you kidding, a few times he actually looked entertained by her. (not impressed)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Noc View Post
You only feel this way b/c you know she failed in the interviews of the past few weeks. She exceeded the expectations that was set on her b/c of her own blunders. She repaired her damaged image but that did not allow her to win the debate. She held her own but she and McCain are still play catchup.
Exactly. She has come of looking like a moron for the past few weeks. So, since she was able to string together some coherent sentences (although sometimes COMPLETELY ignoring the question---getting back to energy) she came out looking good. There is a long way up from the bottom.

Quote:
Originally Posted by acapr220 View Post
Well I agree that she handled herself better than before, but I am also sure she was preparing for this fervently.

Even so, I don not feel that she has what it takes to be our VP let alone the President. She sounded more like a salesperson and avoided (and very quaintly I might add) some very pertinent questions.
Yes this is true.

Quote:
Originally Posted by mimimomx3 View Post
I thought they both actually debated in a respectful way. She wasn't totally kooky, but she does have a manner that puts me way off. Biden was friendly, smart and touching. They both did well.
Also true.

Why can she not say NU-CLEE-ER ? It is NOT nu-qu-lar. For the love of God, why can people not get this straight? and she said this word about 15 times tonight. And there is an 'ing" at the end of some words, not "in". Argh!

Did anyone else hear her call him O'Biden? LOL.....Obama, O'biden. This was a slip of the tongue but it was pretty funny.

Old 10-02-2008, 10:54 PM

1,966 posts, read 2,705,374 times
Quote:

Umm...but does the fact that she did not answer Ifill's questions at all change your understanding of Palin's statement that she wouldn't answer the questions "the way she or Joe might like her to?"
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections