Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 10-02-2008, 11:13 PM

35,016 posts, read 39,186,811 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by irwin View Post
Meaning - "I have memorized a lot of talking points and catch phrases that relate to energy. As far as the credit markets, mortgages, climate change, the war, my biggest mistake, etc, I lack the understanding of this issue(s) to respond."
Well heck yaa, yer darn right! Can I call ya Joe? But not knowing basic Civics 101 is saying, ya know, Government, you cant tell me and my American family what to do. It's standing up and saying ya know, Government, you're not always the solution. Sometimes the Joe Sixpacks and the hockey moms of America, we just want to talk about good things for America like energy and family and not old bills and laws from the olden days that nobody learns about anymore.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 10-02-2008, 11:13 PM

25,157 posts, read 53,975,190 times
lol No Sara Palin did not win at all....she won nothing.

Old 10-02-2008, 11:16 PM

90,297 posts, read 120,875,960 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Nepenthe View Post
I believe she stated that she wouldn't answer the questions the way she or Joe might like her to. In other words, her manner and method of answering them might not conform to what they wanted.

I did NOT read this as "I will not answer your questions."

Also, much was made of her desire to expand the role of the VP. Again, I think she fumbled a bit here but was really just mentioning that one of the (minor) roles of VP is to (rarely) cast the deciding vote in the Senate. I think too much was made of this.

Thank you to those few who have an objective viewpoint in this thread.
As soon as she said that I thought, "she is not going to answer the questions". And she didn't, in large part.

Old 10-02-2008, 11:17 PM

25,157 posts, read 53,975,190 times
The only question she answered directly was on the gay marriage.

Old 10-02-2008, 11:18 PM

2,311 posts, read 2,831,483 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by bryan61 View Post
I see alot of cnn and msnbc poll results posted here

too funny

obama and biden=two washington insider lawyer snakes. Skunks like this are the real problem with our government
You must have missed the multiple threads right now about how well Palin did according to the FOX poll. Seriously there are at least three floating around here.

Old 10-02-2008, 11:19 PM

18,039 posts, read 27,497,200 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by smd1998 View Post
I called it earlier, she touched middle class and he did not.

She impressed me and even Joe Biden was impressed with her.

I will get into it more later but she did a fabulous job.

If you are all honest you will see that she can perform and did a fantastic job!

Way to go Sarah!

You won this debate.
Yes, I agree. But "they" are not honest at all. Here, you've got Biden winning aobut 114 to 48, 92 to 7 in a Denver paper-rag, 53-38 at MSN.

She lost, McCain lost, the polls will reflect this, but I just honestly don't think this will result as a Landslide for Obama. But who knows? None of us do. We'll find out soon enough.

For anybody to say Sarah didn't do the best she could have been expected to do are just not even honest with themselves. I think we've got quite a few people in this country like that. And they vote!

Old 10-02-2008, 11:19 PM

4,978 posts, read 9,520,088 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by delusianne View Post
Well heck yaa, yer darn right! Can I call ya Joe? But not knowing basic Civics 101 is saying, ya know, Government, you cant tell me and my American family what to do. It's standing up and saying ya know, Government, you're not always the solution. Sometimes the Joe Sixpacks and the hockey moms of America, we just want to talk about good things for America like energy and family and not old bills and laws from the olden days that nobody learns about anymore.
Great post...I repped ya for it!

Old 10-02-2008, 11:20 PM

35,016 posts, read 39,186,811 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by artsyguy View Post
And she kept saying "I'm tolerant."

"And I think through nuances we can go round and round as to what that actually means."

Old 10-02-2008, 11:22 PM

2,769 posts, read 7,239,810 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by smd1998 View Post
I called it earlier, she touched middle class and he did not.

She impressed me and even Joe Biden was impressed with her.

I will get into it more later but she did a fabulous job.

If you are all honest you will see that she can perform and did a fantastic job!

Way to go Sarah!

You won this debate.

Once again I agree with you smd.

Palin was masterful tonight, she just does so much better in front of a lot of people and on a bigger stage. And she never once appeared intimidated or overmatched. She truly won this debate in my opinion.

In fairness to Biden I thought he did pretty good as well, I don't agree with his views but he's a heck of a lot more genuine than Obama Bin Laden is.

Old 10-02-2008, 11:23 PM

4,978 posts, read 9,520,088 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by artsyguy View Post

Yeah, but did you believe her?
Did you believe any of her answers?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections