Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 10-02-2008, 11:37 PM

25 posts, read 30,097 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by HUEY P View Post
Tolerant is something the old white guy says when some blacks move in his neighborhood.
that's called intergration...tolerance for them is letting Barak run for president.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 10-02-2008, 11:44 PM

1,083 posts, read 2,294,604 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by smd1998 View Post
I called it earlier, she touched middle class and he did not.

She impressed me and even Joe Biden was impressed with her.

I will get into it more later but she did a fabulous job.

If you are all honest you will see that she can perform and did a fantastic job!

Way to go Sarah!

You won this debate.
I guess in your world "C's" are "A's". It's proof of why we continue to slip in the quality of education compared to other first world countries. We just dumb things down and make our expectations for people so low that it's impossible not to exceed them.

Old 10-02-2008, 11:44 PM

Angry you know...

Quote:
Originally Posted by HUEY P View Post
You cant talk to some of these ignorant people.Let them waste there time at the polls.
If Palin would of showed up in some flash dance pants and a stripper pole singing "shes a maniac" these people would still think she is this angel in the sky.

This lady is a fool but it like this, if Pauly Shore ran for office I'm pretty sure that at least 5 or 6 morons that would follow him.
it's funny...back in 2000 I was going to vote for Bush just to see more unity amongst people like the one's he let sit in a flooded New Orleans in 05'...without a foe a soldier never knows his strength. But now the media's talking heads have been attempting to work the phrase, "post racial society" into the double-speak lexicon, making Barak seem more like an opiate and less of a real change.

Old 10-02-2008, 11:47 PM

Default you can...

Quote:
Originally Posted by prim2007 View Post
I guess in your world "C's" are "A's". It's proof of why we continue to slip in the quality of education compared to other first world countries. We just dumb things down and make our expectations for people so low that it's impossible not to exceed them.
rightfully argue that, but in essence it's the sexist double standard hard at work that's encouraging everyone to grade Palin on a curve and likewise look at Obama as more of an entertainer with an ideal, and less of an accomplished trend-setter.

Old 10-02-2008, 11:51 PM

2,039 posts, read 6,326,555 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Steve_TN View Post
You cannot blame either Palin or Biden for questions not asked. They did not decide what questions were in or out.
not blaming, just curious and making a comment comparing my opinion to that of Palins in which she is not afraid to defend.

Old 10-02-2008, 11:54 PM

5,152 posts, read 8,535,927 times
The only one that way that I can see someone thinking Palin winning this is if you judged this by looks alone. At the very worst, it may have been a tie.
That they had to put Palin in a "cram session" or "debate boor camp" for that, says something, she seems just like Bush in the way she can't think fast off their feet without a rehersal.
For those that say they she did great and looked Presidential tonight (???), well, then she better have no excuses for being sheltered and having limited press access, like that 29 second farce in New York last week.

Last edited by beenhereandthere; 10-02-2008 at 11:57 PM.. Reason: additional point

Old 10-03-2008, 12:03 AM

1,966 posts, read 2,705,374 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Steve_TN View Post
You cannot blame either Palin or Biden for questions not asked. They did not decide what questions were in or out.
No, but Palin sure as heck decided which questions she was gonna answer...whether they were the questions posed to her or not.

Old 10-03-2008, 12:45 AM

1,258 posts, read 2,313,743 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by smd1998 View Post
I called it earlier, she touched middle class and he did not.

She impressed me and even Joe Biden was impressed with her.

I will get into it more later but she did a fabulous job.

If you are all honest you will see that she can perform and did a fantastic job!

Way to go Sarah!

You won this debate.
You fool you didn't call ANYTHING...Like the typical brain-washed republican you were so desparate to do anything to make these two poor humans look like they have support you jumped in and voted, not realizing EVERYBODY would see only some republican fool would VOTE AND SAY PALIN WON BEFORE THE DEBATE EVEN STARTED!!!

ROFLMAO...Thank god you people breed amongst yourselves and are at home all day listening to talk radio...God help us if you spread to the general population!

Old 10-03-2008, 07:05 AM

1,474 posts, read 2,301,542 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by beenhereandthere View Post
The only one that way that I can see someone thinking Palin winning this is if you judged this by looks alone. At the very worst, it may have been a tie.
That they had to put Palin in a "cram session" or "debate boor camp" for that, says something, she seems just like Bush in the way she can't think fast off their feet without a rehersal.
For those that say they she did great and looked Presidential tonight (???), well, then she better have no excuses for being sheltered and having limited press access, like that 29 second farce in New York last week.
Your kidding right? That was some of the most maneuverability I have seen from a candidate in a long time.

She did great and didn't clutter the debate with a lot of , uh,er, hum, eh.........like your messiah does.

Now that being said, I thought Bidden did very well also.

Its just ashame that we couldn't have a Biden Pallin ticket, That would be the best of both worlds and we wouldn't be exposed to four years of , eh, hum, er, uh

Old 10-03-2008, 07:08 AM

2,156 posts, read 11,159,644 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Delta Planter View Post
Impressive for her. Even more impressive to hear JB back-pedaling, constantly. I liked her chiding his forever "looking back", not forward. Wow!

I wouldn't want to look back either. The past 8 years have been all too ugly.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections