Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 10-03-2008, 07:34 AM

1,902 posts, read 2,470,455 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by londonbarcelona View Post
Typical stupid Republican remarks. Let's vote for the pretty girl (who you're probably thinking about doing right about now) because she's "one of us."
NO SHE'S NOT. She's pretty - she's not a leader.

She's gotten by on charm and a pretty face. Check out what Alaska really thinks of her - she has put that state into debt, and ruined so many programs it may never catch up with the rest of the nation. Oh but that doesn't matter, cuz "she's pretty" and "she can see Russia from her house!" God - WAKE UP PEOPLE !!!!!

When are Republicans going to learn to vote on the issues that will directly effect them and NOT on personality or looks? Do you people not realize that you have voted against yourself in the last two elections and you are about to do the same???? Unbelievable.
You seem very bitter, is that why you leave lewd remarks in the reps?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 10-03-2008, 07:48 AM

12,642 posts, read 15,612,700 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by the intelligent brotha' View Post
If she was impressive, it was because she was expected to perform miserably. Palin was very uncomfortable communicating outside of their talking points...like how she tried to keep the debate on energy. Biden acutually nailed Mccain down on the failed war in Iraq, Alternative Energy, Health Care, Taxes and Education...to say the least. If Palin won anything it was a little bit of her self esteem...politically speaking. But as far as debating, she lost...Biden was on his toes, and I couldn't help but think that Mccain couldn't beat Joe in a debate either.
I agree. The bar was so low, we are now expected to believe that the Circus act was great because the performer walked a tightrope six inches from the ground? The critical question remains - did Senator McCain select the most qualified Republican in the Nation? Since he didn't, his judgment is what's on display. A couple more choices like this and the financial mess would be run by an entire army of clowns juggling one ball while we clap a and say good job.

Old 10-03-2008, 08:06 AM

13,053 posts, read 12,962,737 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by TrippingJay View Post
Yes, but she completely deflected the question about causes of global warming. How can you offer solutions if you refuse to understand the causes? If she doesn't agree that global warming is man-made, then state it!
She didn't deflect it. She said she didn't believe humans were "fully" responsible. She also said it was unimportant to dwell on that because the more important point is that we need to focus on cleaner, more efficient, and better approaches anyway. She answered honestly and from a position that many of us who have actually been following the science hold.

Also, if you want to claim a definitive on the causes, then step on over to a global warming thread and we can discuss the actual science of the issue. If anything her answer was more reserved than Bidens ignorant placating to the crowd who is pushing the "science is settled" garbage.

Old 10-03-2008, 08:11 AM

13,053 posts, read 12,962,737 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by coastalrap View Post
You seem very bitter, is that why you leave lewd remarks in the reps?
They are a one trick pony. They have been slandering for so long, they believe the garbage the spew. Every time they make a slander claim and someone calls them on it, they attack and run away and hide. Its ignorance at its best. They can't even give credit where it is due and it shows such an extreme bias to the point of deviousness.

I thought both did well, though obviously I have my favorite. The fact that they can only spin this with extreme arrogance and slander yet again shows they themselves are out of touch and nothing more than a tool of propaganda for a side.

Old 10-03-2008, 08:11 AM

11,289 posts, read 26,227,066 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by smd1998 View Post
I called it earlier, she touched middle class and he did not.

She impressed me and even Joe Biden was impressed with her.

I will get into it more later but she did a fabulous job.

If you are all honest you will see that she can perform and did a fantastic job!

Way to go Sarah!

You won this debate.
Ugh, this is why this country is going to go direcly down the tubes.

You can sit and say whatever you want to make people follow you, but then they're stuck with you when it's over.

THIS ISN'T A CONTEST FOR THE NEW HEAD OF THE PTA

THIS IS FOR THE VP OF THE UNITED STATES

Old 10-03-2008, 08:12 AM

4,604 posts, read 8,237,863 times
Quote:
Why can she not say NU-CLEE-ER ?

Did anyone else hear her call him O'Biden? LOL.....Obama, O'biden. This was a slip of the tongue but it was pretty funny.
Why can't O' bama/biden just say surrender instead of 'timed withdrawal'?

Old 10-03-2008, 08:13 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nomander View Post
They are a one trick pony. They have been slandering for so long, they believe the garbage the spew. Every time they make a slander claim and someone calls them on it, they attack and run away and hide. Its ignorance at its best. They can't even give credit where it is due and it shows such an extreme bias to the point of deviousness.
I completely agree, the Rebublican really need to just disappear for 20 years and let this country be fixed.

Old 10-03-2008, 08:14 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by WillysB View Post

probably because they're talking about a timed withdrawl from Iraq and not a surrender in Iraq

Old 10-03-2008, 08:21 AM

44,259 posts, read 64,422,020 times
If your best criteria for a "qualified" leader is how much time he have spent in Washington being part of the whole screwed up system, of course you will find Sarah Palin lacking.

I don't think there was a "winner" of the debate. People just get excited when their candidate says something clever or makes a point, and then that's all they remember. I thought there were victories and gaffes for both Biden and Palin.

I was struck, however, at the contrast between Biden, the total generic poster boy for old-timey career senator (I'd cast him in a movie playing himself - he's the epitome!), and Palin, the energetic, fresh, optimistic go-getter who seems really bent on change.

I've had a problem with people attacking Obama and Palin on the experience issue. Just b/c you have done something for a long time does not mean a. you're any good at it or b. you're any good for this country.

Old 10-03-2008, 08:24 AM

10,503 posts, read 15,576,992 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by WillysB View Post
Hmm, so I guess you think it's ok for Iraq to continue sucking on the U.S. teat til we dry up, huh? It's called "taking responsibility", you know, time for them to grow up, take the reins & get their country into shape. Obama's plan is a great plan, it's realistic & can be agreed upon by both sides. There is no surrender, it's urning the country over to its own government.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections