Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 10-03-2008, 08:28 AM

1,229 posts, read 2,911,738 times

Advertisements

She missed a chance to reply to the deregulation issue which hurt big time!!!'IN 1999 biden voted FOR deregulation of the S&E commission ???
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 10-03-2008, 08:29 AM

8,814 posts, read 21,274,691 times
even Joe Biden was impressed with her.

Shirley, you must be kidding.

People may not recall what you said to them, but they will always remember how you made them feel .

Old 10-03-2008, 08:32 AM

38,859 posts, read 25,527,092 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by smd1998 View Post
I called it earlier, she touched middle class and he did not.

She impressed me and even Joe Biden was impressed with her.

I will get into it more later but she did a fabulous job.

If you are all honest you will see that she can perform and did a fantastic job!

Way to go Sarah!

You won this debate.

Yes, Palinites can take some measure of joy from the fact that Sarah didn't appear to be a deer caught in the headlights last night. From that perspective, it was a positive event for her and them.

In terms of looking ready for high public office, she didn't help herself. Her refusal to address the questions posed and her spitting out talking points instead of debating made her look preprocessed and still unable to think on her feet.

She'll be back in Alaska soon, fated to be a footnote in presidential politics.

Old 10-03-2008, 08:36 AM

1,229 posts, read 2,911,738 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Old Gringo View Post
Yes, Palinites can take some measure of joy from the fact that Sarah didn't appear to be a deer caught in the headlights last night. From that perspective, it was a positive event for her and them.

In terms of looking ready for high public office, she didn't help herself. Her refusal to address the questions posed and her spitting out talking points instead of debating made her look preprocessed and still unable to think on her feet.

She'll be back in Alaska soon, fated to be a footnote in presidential politics.
Nobody asked biden why HE voted YES to deregulate wall street?? and agree with all war matters! he was in the loop the last 8 years ...not her!

Old 10-03-2008, 08:41 AM

8,814 posts, read 21,274,691 times
The only one that way that I can see someone thinking Palin winning this is if you judged this by looks alone.

Joe Biden is extremely handsome and classy , like Jason Robards Jr. He is so polished.

She, otoh, looks like an aging Playboy bunny.

People may not recall what you said to them, but they will always remember how you made them feel .

Old 10-03-2008, 08:47 AM

152 posts, read 469,782 times
Alright I have to say I didn't know much about her before last night (besides the Tina Fey skit) and while she is a smart woman all I kept thinking is, and no offense, is McCain is old and if he dies in office this is our new leader? If you thought we were laughed at with Bush in office just wait. She really made her point of being an "average gal" but I don't want that kind of person running the free world. We need some change and I believe what Obama doesn't have Biden does. If McCain was looking for some one to complement him on his ticket I guess he found it young, female and inexperienced. Every time she said Doggone or Say it isn't so Joe or some other silly expression I just winced. She really didn't answer many of the questions the moderator asked either. Just my humble opinion. As much as I would like to see a woman in the White House she is not it.

Old 10-03-2008, 08:50 AM

10,545 posts, read 13,582,024 times
I thought that both she and Biden did a good job. I thought they both did better than the presidential nonimees. It would be hard for me to pick a winner and I certainly wouldn't say that either won easily.

Old 10-03-2008, 08:52 AM

152 posts, read 469,782 times
TO Nancy Thereader
I am serious, and don't call me Shirley.

Old 10-03-2008, 08:55 AM

171 posts, read 261,656 times
Quote:
Way to go Sarah!

You won this debate.
.. no .. no .. she didn`t

Old 10-03-2008, 08:55 AM

2,776 posts, read 3,982,294 times
Quote:
Dont even go there, this was a easy win for her.

Biden only one time did well, going after McCain one single time.

On all issues, she won this clearly.

She was spot on with not a single mistake.

Biden even was crying at one point. Now how can anyone cry during a debate. Shows me he is weak.

If you are honest with yourself, you know in your heart she was impressive.
LOL - oh my gosh, I admire how you started such a popular thread. I, however, cannot help but laugh at the ideas presented.

The good news is that 1) laughing is good for one's health and 2) everyone can go onto YouTube or via their DVR to watch recordings of the debate in its entirety to form rational opinions on how Biden and Palin actually did.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections