Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 10-03-2008, 09:39 AM

2,260 posts, read 3,883,911 times

Advertisements

How do you show restraint when your getting kicked in the crotch
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 10-03-2008, 09:44 AM

5,407 posts, read 7,799,621 times
You know Biden was thinkning - well here I am, nominated for VP, one of the biggest moments of my life. And I have to "debate" this hockey mom from Alaska. Where are the hidden cameras.

Old 10-03-2008, 09:50 AM

35,016 posts, read 39,186,811 times
Default E.J. Dionne: "Hockey Mom on Thin Ice"

Early in last night's vice-presidential debate, Sarah Palin said that she might not answer the questions as moderator Gwen Ifill posed them. This was the Alaska governor's way of saying she was going to stick to the talking points she had stuffed into her head, no matter what the subject.
Expectations for Palin were so low that the mere fact that she managed to keep talking and to keep assailing Obama will be rated as a great victory by McCain's lieutenants.
Oh, yes, she did correct Biden on one thing. When he said the Republican energy slogan is "drill, drill, drill," she quickly reminded him that "the chant is drill, baby, drill." Thanks for clearing that up.
RealClearPolitics - Articles - Hockey Mom on Thin Ice

He reminds us that "[t]he key to understanding how McCain chose Palin as his running mate was provided by the New York Times last weekend when it described an episode in which he 'tossed $100 chips around a hot craps table,'" and that McCain chose to lie for her in the father-daughter Couric interview.

Old 10-03-2008, 09:51 AM

1,229 posts, read 2,913,505 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Old Gringo View Post
Despite your moniker, you don't sound all that happy.
I'm pissed she couldnt adlib alittle ...I DONT GET IT! WAS OR WAS NOT THE DEREGULATION OF WALL STREET SIGNED BY BILL CLINTON........WTF !!!!!! and caused the whole trickle down mess...

Old 10-03-2008, 09:54 AM

I"ll say it again .......deregulation OF wall street was signed by bill clinton !!!!!!! Mr biden and you voted yes to it !!!!

Old 10-03-2008, 09:55 AM

SHOULD I call sarah and tell her??? its too late ...

Old 10-03-2008, 10:02 AM

3,261 posts, read 3,708,428 times
I watched the debate In England with 24 Americans who work In the UK.
Sarah Palin was awful, not as bad as she has been, but awful none the less.
The way she used the term you betcha & doggone It made my American guests squirm, one said she sounded like Gabby Hayes.

If anyone out there honestly thought Palin won that debate then nothing anyone say's will change their mind, doggone It, you betcha.

Old 10-03-2008, 10:06 AM

1,966 posts, read 2,705,374 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by bily4 View Post
You know Biden was thinkning - well here I am, nominated for VP, one of the biggest moments of my life. And I have to "debate" this hockey mom from Alaska. Where are the hidden cameras.
That's what I was thinking. I feel bad for him. Such a huge moment for him, and he was stuck sharing it with this redneck idiot who couldn't keep her notecards straight.

Old 10-03-2008, 10:08 AM

14,164 posts, read 27,250,343 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by smd1998 View Post
I called it earlier, she touched middle class and he did not.

She impressed me and even Joe Biden was impressed with her.

I will get into it more later but she did a fabulous job.

If you are all honest you will see that she can perform and did a fantastic job!

Way to go Sarah!

You won this debate.

I think Caribou Barbie did a great job if she were running for class president in Jr. High. What a joke! She sounds like she's 15 years old. Not to mention clueless. As a Democrat, I have to love her though - the more she flaps her pie hole, the higher Obamas ratings go!

Old 10-03-2008, 10:10 AM

16,062 posts, read 26,766,212 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by smd1998 View Post
Dont even go there, this was a easy win for her.

Biden only one time did well, going after McCain one single time.

On all issues, she won this clearly.

She was spot on with not a single mistake.

Biden even was crying at one point. Now how can anyone cry during a debate. Shows me he is weak.

If you are honest with yourself, you know in your heart she was impressive.
Clearly you were not watching the debate..

1. Palin did not address ANY of the issues, only the issues she chose to.
2. Palin was reading from a script. She could barely form her own thoughts.
3. Biden was crying AT THE NEAR LOSS OF HIS SON! And you are going to tell me that is weak? He is human.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections