Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 10-03-2008, 12:37 PM

4,589 posts, read 13,130,410 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by smd1998 View Post
The stupid ones are voting for the boy from Kenya!

She connected to many people last night, we need her in Washington. Just the change that is needed, toss out Biden and boy stupid from the senate and replaced them with people like her so the people can have a voice again.
Exactly! We are not dealing with true american's here obviously
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 10-03-2008, 12:39 PM

4,978 posts, read 9,484,108 times
You know, all the polls say Biden won.
Sarah Palin came off really awful again.

Old 10-03-2008, 12:40 PM

16,061 posts, read 26,635,793 times
Quote:

She connected to many people last night, we need her in Washington. Just the change that is needed, toss out Biden and boy stupid from the senate and replaced them with people like her so the people can have a voice again.
She connected to few people! Most found Palin offensive and condesending. Who is Joe six pack? How many of us are Hockey moms? She didn't relate she was dumbing down.

Old 10-03-2008, 12:49 PM

4,589 posts, read 13,130,410 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by veuvegirl View Post
She connected to few people! Most found Palin offensive and condesending. Who is Joe six pack? How many of us are Hockey moms? She didn't relate she was dumbing down.
Orrrr....maybe your just a bit out of touch? That's okay, nothing wrong with that.....just don't assume that we all are

Old 10-03-2008, 12:51 PM

42,732 posts, read 29,716,568 times
Quote:

The people have a voice. They'll be using that voice come election day. It just may not be what you want to hear.

Old 10-03-2008, 12:52 PM

1,868 posts, read 5,667,467 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by irwin View Post
Meaning - "I have memorized a lot of talking points and catch phrases that relate to energy. As far as the credit markets, mortgages, climate change, the war, my biggest mistake, etc, I lack the understanding of this issue(s) to respond."
yes!! She brought up energy twice when she didn't have the answer to some questions!! It was so funny!! I've watched the debate twice now....it gets better the second time around!!

Old 10-03-2008, 12:53 PM

12,642 posts, read 15,532,591 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by lola8822 View Post

Interesting comment.

What in your estimation is a "true American"?

1,555 posts, read 1,971,401 times
Quote:

This is an embarrassingly ignorant post.
So, just because you think she "connected" to people, that we need more people like her in washington? SURE it'd be a change in washington alright! I think it would be akin to Paris Hilton and Nicole Ritchie taking over Congress.
IT IS NOT SMART on your part to support a candidate because you think they are like you or that you'd 'like to have a beer with them."
That is called voting STYLE rather than substance. It's how Bush was elected. And look where he got us.
I connect with my next door neighbor, and I like her. But that DOES NOT MEAN she is qualified to be 2nd in line to the Presidency.

It depresses me when people like you admit your reasons for supporting an idiot like Palin. Makes me worry for the future of our country.

42,732 posts, read 29,716,568 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by lola8822 View Post
Rove rule-book

Rule #18: Attack the patriotism of people who don't agree with you. After all, it's not like we're a country that celebrates freedom of speech and multiple points of view. Only one point of view can be the American point of view.

Old 10-03-2008, 12:54 PM

1,095 posts, read 3,984,943 times
I thought it was a clear victory for Biden. Palin couldn't debate, she couldn't rebut, she couldn't answer questions, all she could do was trot out memorized catch phrases and wink at the camera.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections