Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 10-03-2008, 02:02 PM

1,836 posts, read 3,171,602 times

Advertisements

everytime she opened her mouth i felt like stabbing myself in the eye.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 10-03-2008, 02:10 PM

1,555 posts, read 1,971,289 times
Well that was a very long, very meandering diarhhea of the mouth.
Most of it was incomprehensible and UTTERLY off topic. Maybe you should do an outline before you post again?

About 2/3 of it had to do with michelle Obama. Last I knew, SHE WASN'T RUNNING FOR PRESIDENT. Are you that desperate that 2/3 of your response is about the candidates wife?
good job. And frankly, while there is a lot to be proud of there is also a lot to NOT be proud of re: america. And don't you DARE say that's "unpatriotic." it's called truth.

[quote=lola8822;5535235]We were adults through several launches of the space shuttle, in case you were snoozing.
Right. ALL THAT MONEY spent on the space race, some ridiculous macho contest. Can you imagine all the good that money could have done instead of launching it into space?

And as adults, we've witnessed and benefited from dizzyingly rapid advances in technology, communications, science, and medicine pioneered by American entrepreneurs who yearned to change the world and succeeded.
What the hell does this have to do with anything?

You want "change"? Go ask the patients whose lives have been improved and extended by American pharmaceutical companies that have flourished under the best economic system in the world.
Okay, now you have REALLY proven yourself to be a nut. You're now holding up the pharmaceutical companies as the GOOD GUY??? The companies that basically robbing Americans in exchange for medicines they sell elsewhere at a fraction of the cost???

then how about American heroism and sacrifice?
How about every Memorial Day? Every Veterans Day? Every Independence Day? Every Medal of Honor ceremony?
yes, those are all nice things. being patriotic is good. But I think it's wise to remain moderate in these things. beware the type of aggressive HYPER-nationalism, the likes of which was seen in Nazi Germany.

It did again when the citizens of Houston opened their arms to Hurricane Katrina victims and folks across the country rushed to their churches and offices of the Salvation Army and Red Cross to volunteer.
Um, yes, neighbors banded together. But the people who RUN The country? the government? I don't think you should be holding up Katrina as a shining example.

The truth is, for all the nice things you mentioned, there's an equal list of incredibly damaging things this country had a part in.

5.) My Grandmother Has Always Been A Christian - NOT EXACTLY, she does her daily Salat prayers at 5am according to her own interviews. Not to mention, Christianity wouldn't allow her to have been one of 14 wives to 1 man.
oooooooooh wait, so is not being a christian 'UNAmerican"???? I DARE you to say yes.

6.) My Name is African Swahili - NOT EXACTLY, your name is Arabic and 'Baraka' (from which Barack came) means 'blessed' in that language. Hussein is also Arabic and so is Obama.
You are a source of nothing but misinformation and half truths. PS - I LOVE how you didn't provide sources for any of this crap.

Barack Hussein Obama is not half black. If elected, he would be the first Arab-American President, not the first black President.
You are ignorant. "Arab" is a distinction that is cultural, not having to do with one's race.

7.) I Never Practiced Islam - NOT EXACTLY, you practiced it daily at school, where you were registered as a Muslim and kept that faith for 31 years, until your wife made you change, so you could run for office.
Again, I ask (even though your assertion is completely bogus) is THIS 'UnAmerican'???

8.) My School In Indonesia Was Christian - NOT EXACTLY, you were registered as Muslim there and got in trouble in Koranic Studies for making faces (check your own book).
Let's ask it again...Is THIS 'UnAmerican'???? going to a non-christian school?

February 28, 2008. Kristoff from the New York Times a year ago: Mr. Obama recalled the opening lines of the Arabic call to prayer, reciting them with a first-rate accent. In a remark that seemed delightfully uncalculated (it'll give Alabama voters heart attacks), Mr. Obama described the call to prayer as "one of the prettiest sounds on Earth at sunset."
You are reallly suggesting to everyone that you are a bigot. There is nothing wrong with saying that call to prayer is a pretty sound. There is nothing wrong with Islam in it's mainstream form. You are clueless.

18.) I Was A Professor of Law - NOT EXACTLY, you were a senior lecturer ON LEAVE.
Once again, you are wrong. Once again, you provide no conclusive evidence to your stupid statements.

It's because of people with uninformed views like you that give America a bad name.

Old 10-03-2008, 02:11 PM

25 posts, read 29,932 times
Default felt like...

Quote:
Originally Posted by BK2Westchester View Post
shucks...I'm still cleaning up the blood in front of the lazy chair in the tv room

Old 10-03-2008, 02:13 PM

13,053 posts, read 12,900,416 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by BK2Westchester View Post
I think you should have, it might have improved your outlook.

Old 10-03-2008, 02:16 PM

71 posts, read 207,902 times
She sounded so rehearsed. How many times did Biden have to repeat himself because she was just going back to her notes and rehashing the same BS she had already been over, wrongly, a few times? Biden was put in a terrific position in this debate due to her stupidity wherein he was able to condescend to her and not come out looking like a jerk. In no way did she win, unless you were looking for folksy tales.

Old 10-03-2008, 02:21 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by AVaccaro35 View Post
She sounded so rehearsed. How many times did Biden have to repeat himself because she was just going back to her notes and rehashing the same BS she had already been over, wrongly, a few times? Biden was put in a terrific position in this debate due to her stupidity wherein he was able to condescend to her and not come out looking like a jerk. In no way did she win, unless you were looking for folksy tales.
Yeah, coming from most of the people here who I would find it hard to believe that they could watch something for more than 15 mins without losing interest, well.. it doesn't really mean that much.

Old 10-03-2008, 02:22 PM

1,120 posts, read 2,581,535 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Nomander View Post
I think you should have, it might have improved your outlook.

This person doesn't have to.

Just wear bangs. Why would a grown woman have her bangs flopping in her eyes? It's just plain stupidity. Talk about irrational thinking!

I feel sorry for Palin's eyes.

Old 10-03-2008, 02:24 PM

42,732 posts, read 29,714,327 times
Quote:
Yeah, coming from most of the people here who I would find it hard to believe that they could watch something for more than 15 mins without losing interest, well.. it doesn't really mean that much.
While some of the posters who've commented on the debate seem to have been only paying attention when they caught keywords and slogans. But the gist of the debate went completely over their heads.

Old 10-03-2008, 02:25 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zel Ya View Post
This person doesn't have to.

Just wear bangs. Why would a grown woman have her bangs flopping in her eyes? It's just plain stupidity. Talk about irrational thinking!

I feel sorry for Palin's eyes.
Such important points you bring up. You really point out the things that matter so much.

Old 10-03-2008, 02:30 PM

4,589 posts, read 13,129,831 times
Quote:
Such important points you bring up. You really point out the things that matter so much.
lol.....that's what happens when you get to the bottom of the barrel! ohhhh sooo funny to hear but sooooo sad to see.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections