Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 10-02-2008, 10:06 PM

1,544 posts, read 2,066,298 times

Advertisements

Okay.... let's say that I have no knowledge of the issues they are talking about at all. So I don't care if each of them stated a LOT of BS.

In terms of presentation and persuasion, I would declare Palin the winner. Biden bored me to tears like my grandfather talking to me about the war in the 1940s.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 10-02-2008, 10:07 PM

8,064 posts, read 17,941,130 times
You know what I kept thinking? Why in the HELL are the Dems running this man as the second? Sheesh, he should be at the top of their ticket and it's crazy that he's propping up an incompetent. Most of the things Biden ascribed to "the ticket" were actually HIS accomplishments and he had to throw in Obama's name now and then.

Palin was a totally appropriate second, sharing her own experiences but pointing to the experienced TOP of the ticket. She exemplified the mantra for change and responsibility while making it clear how she would assist McCain. The GOP ticket, in other words, is balanced and top-heavy, as it should be.

Old 10-02-2008, 10:07 PM

1,793 posts, read 1,441,197 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by smd1998 View Post
Way to go Sarah!
You won this debate.
Did you watch the same debate I did? She did ok but far from a win.....what's with "there" after half of her sentences? She needs a refresher course on proper grammar....

Old 10-02-2008, 10:08 PM

1,718 posts, read 2,416,125 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by CarolinaCowboy View Post
All the controlled groups also state she won. Early surveys of undecided voters, in the groups have her at over 77%

She won, there is no question!

Polls back to even by Next Monday. I'll put money on it!
Source?

Because I'm sitting here watching the focus groups done on it and reading different control group reactions and those disagree with your statement of all the groups.

In fact on one focus group split equally Dem/Rep/Indie, 6 people finally decided (mostly indies) after this debate. Only one of those 6 decided for McCain.

Old 10-02-2008, 10:09 PM

3,400 posts, read 8,003,721 times
I thought she did quite well, given her lack of experience.

552 posts, read 1,069,732 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Nemesis15 View Post
I'd say Palin won slightly. The thing that I found annoying was Palin's incoherent sentences. She seemed to babble about random stuff and not get directly to the point.

Palin- 67%
She never got to a point. She stuck to her talking points, and TRIED to prove her expertise (LOL) in energy. For the most part, she was stuck in "and also" loops.

Her answer for everything, roughly paraphrased:

"Well, ya know, I'm a maverick, but, as well, McCain is a Maverick too, and also, bipartisanship, but we need, reaching across the isle, Alaska is big, and also I'm an expert on energy, but we need bipartisan, we need to reach across the isle, and also reaching across the isle forgetting partisan matters I want tax cuts but Obama doesn't, and also the surge was a brilliant success.

24,873 posts, read 36,015,649 times
I wouldn't say she won. I would say she did better than I expected.

Old 10-02-2008, 10:10 PM

550 posts, read 1,230,695 times
Its pass 10 pm in St Louis and she's still dragging her baby around for browning poonts. Retarded. Sarah, not the baby.

Old 10-02-2008, 10:12 PM

20,243 posts, read 36,884,312 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by S6Sputnik View Post
You should know you glaciers are melting!!! Surely it is not from the heat generated in the developed and developing nations and the ozone depleation? Surely it is all the hot air coming out Sarah's mouth that is the natural cyclical cause
Ah, I see... Alaskans are responsible for melting glaciers up here, and for depleting the ozone hole? Are you aware the the former director of IARC (in Alaska, by the way) has already published scientific documents that indicate that there is no proof for humans-caused global warming? Of the data gathered by IARC's scientists, not a single page shows a percentage of global warming that can be blamed on humans.

Also, aren't you aware that the ozone hole has been closing for the past few years?

Haven't you read the scientific reports pointing to a possible global cooling published this week? Also, are we humans also responsible for the global warming Mars is going through? And finally:

1. which humans caused the last global warming earth went through?
2. Are you aware that evidence of forests that existed long ago are being found under the ice in Alaska?

Old 10-02-2008, 10:12 PM

8,064 posts, read 17,941,130 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by kidcanaduh View Post
Its pass 10 pm in St Louis and she's still dragging her baby around for browning poonts. Retarded. Sarah, not the baby.
Wow. You write "browning poonts" and then you have the audacity to apply the R-word to SOMEONE ELSE? Hahahahahahahahahaha
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections