Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 10-02-2008, 09:12 PM

658 posts, read 1,785,560 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dieter View Post
She never got to a point. She stuck to her talking points, and TRIED to prove her expertise (LOL) in energy. For the most part, she was stuck in "and also" loops.

Her answer for everything, roughly paraphrased:

"Well, ya know, I'm a maverick, but, as well, McCain is a Maverick too, and also, bipartisanship, but we need, reaching across the isle, Alaska is big, and also I'm an expert on energy, but we need bipartisan, we need to reach across the isle, and also reaching across the isle forgetting partisan matters I want tax cuts but Obama doesn't, and also the surge was a brilliant success.
The best part was that Biden showed just how much a bold face lie the maverick title that McCain and Palin throw around is and totally called McCain and Palin out on it.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 10-02-2008, 09:12 PM

1,544 posts, read 2,075,764 times
I thought Biden made his points by being a complainer.
I thought Palin made her points by being a debater.

Biden appeared to whine more. Palin appeared to just present her arguments.

Old 10-02-2008, 09:13 PM

382 posts, read 589,828 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by coastalrap View Post
Well as of 10:55 pm drudge has it as 74% Palin with about 75K votes.

Drudge... LOL... You are quoting judge.

Old 10-02-2008, 09:14 PM

3,491 posts, read 8,582,142 times
where have you been? Biden cleary won the debate and the polls coming out show Biden wins the debate be a huge margin. Sarah Palin saved her self, she didnt save John McCain.

8,064 posts, read 18,010,195 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by TrippingJay View Post
The best part was that Biden showed just how much a bold face lie the maverick title that McCain and Palin throw around is and totally called McCain and Palin out on it.
Really? Well, I, too, watched the discussions over the past several years and REMEMBER what a cheerleader Joe Biden was for the Iraq War. It didn't end until he decided to run for president. Palin was ABSOLUTELY RIGHT about this.

2,540 posts, read 6,230,296 times
She did well answering the questions she rehearsed for the past week. She sounded programed to me almost like she studied to be on a game show. She showed no empathy when Biden spoke about what it's like to lose a child. She of all people should not show apathy regarding family.

Last edited by kahncss; 10-02-2008 at 09:15 PM.. Reason: spelling

Old 10-02-2008, 09:15 PM

1,718 posts, read 2,424,993 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ShoppingCartLaw View Post

And when she failed to do that Biden highlighted what her ticket's points were while she was still yammering about Mavericks. He said far more about McCain's tax policies and health care proposals than she did, for example.

Old 10-02-2008, 09:16 PM

3,491 posts, read 8,582,142 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ShoppingCartLaw View Post

Palin was really vague and kept going back to the "coached" talking points and energy. There were a number of questions she didnt answer because she didnt know the answers.

Old 10-02-2008, 09:17 PM

1,966 posts, read 2,703,123 times
I wrote this in another thread but I'll say it again here, since it fits:

For anyone judging both candidates with the same stick, Palin lost this debate, plain and simple.

No, she didn't crash and burn, but she DID basically flat out refuse to answer ANY of the questions that were posed to her, all the while meandering back to energy (and incidentally, Alaska) with the majority of her canned responses. She just got through the 90 minutes by attacking her opponents (sometimes truthfully, oftentimes misleadingly) and giving the non-answers that were fed to her by her handlers, even if they were completely unrelated to the questions she was asked.

The bar was set so low for her that it was basically laying on the floor, and she was able to do a good job reading her canned responses from her notecards. Because of those two facets of the debate, many conservatives are probably declaring Palin's performance a victory. However, for those of us who actually paid attention to what was said during the candidates' responses, as related to the questions asked, Biden, BY FAR, won this debate.

Old 10-02-2008, 09:17 PM

3,326 posts, read 5,340,244 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by teatime View Post
You know what I kept thinking? Why in the HELL are the Dems running this man as the second? Sheesh, he should be at the top of their ticket and it's crazy that he's propping up an incompetent. Most of the things Biden ascribed to "the ticket" were actually HIS accomplishments and he had to throw in Obama's name now and then.

Palin was a totally appropriate second, sharing her own experiences but pointing to the experienced TOP of the ticket. She exemplified the mantra for change and responsibility while making it clear how she would assist McCain. The GOP ticket, in other words, is balanced and top-heavy, as it should be.

In my case I can't stand career life politician Biden but your correct he has done things and should have been top of ticket but many like me (at one time) wanted Hillary who was beat by Obama fair and square.

I liked Obama but changed my mind as find him to promise the world with no real way of getting there. Hillary was right about him .

Palin was great tonight.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections