Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 10-05-2008, 09:50 AM

2,036 posts, read 4,397,317 times

Advertisements

Democrats and Liberals, please state issues that you disagree with Obama on and please state instances where you believe Obama or Biden did not tell the truth. I cannot believe that any one candidate meets 100% of someones viewpoint, nor always tells the truth. So I am interested from his supporters viewpoint, where is Obama off track?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 10-05-2008, 09:52 AM

8,231 posts, read 17,321,103 times
I'm not a Democrat, but I will say that I wish Obama were more mindful of the Constitution and would reverse the Republican's dismantling of it via the 'Patriot' Act. I simply can not vote for another 8 years of a party that has shrunk our civil liberties.

Old 10-05-2008, 09:54 AM

20,460 posts, read 26,334,196 times
1) I want more attention on nuclear energy than Obama does.

2) Clearly there were instances during the debate where Biden got facts wrong.

Ken

Old 10-05-2008, 09:56 AM

8,299 posts, read 8,607,811 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Charlton Dude View Post
Democrats and Liberals, please state issues that you disagree with Obama on and please state instances where you believe Obama or Biden did not tell the truth. I cannot believe that any one candidate meets 100% of someones viewpoint, nor always tells the truth. So I am interested from his supporters viewpoint, where is Obama off track?
Hmmm, how about this. Why don't you start but with the "issues that you disagree with [McCain] on and please state instances where you believe [McCain] or [Palin] did not tell the truth. I cannot believe that any one candidate meets 100% of someones viewpoint, nor always tells the truth. So I am interested from his supporters viewpoint, where is [McCain] off track?"

Then maybe some of the Obama supporters will follow suit with a discussion of Obama.

Old 10-05-2008, 09:57 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by LordBalfor View Post
1) I want more attention on nuclear energy than Obama does.

Ken

He seems more open to this recently. I am not sure if he is just pandering or if he is really open to a great choice. Once of many we could use.

Old 10-05-2008, 09:58 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by helenejen View Post
Hmmm, how about this. Why don't you start but with the "issues that you disagree with [McCain] on and please state instances where you believe [McCain] or [Palin] did not tell the truth. I cannot believe that any one candidate meets 100% of someones viewpoint, nor always tells the truth. So I am interested from his supporters viewpoint, where is [McCain] off track?"

Feel free to start another thread and I will join in. I have a lot of things I could post that I disagree with McCain on. This thread is about Obama though.

Old 10-05-2008, 10:03 AM

8,299 posts, read 8,607,811 times
Quote:
Feel free to start another thread and I will join in. I have a lot of things I could post that I disagree with McCain on. This thread is about Obama though.
If you actually want engagement from those that you claim to want information from, you need to show that you are calling for critique of both candidates, not just that one that you are obviously against.

But based on your original post, I doubt that you are looking for a real discussion.

Old 10-05-2008, 10:04 AM

2,305 posts, read 3,043,676 times
Quote:
You want people to 'help you learn' about where Obama is off track??? You seem to be an 'expert' on all kinds of reasons you think they are off track. Why don't you try to learn where he is ON track?

//www.city-data.com/forum/5552054-post65.html
//www.city-data.com/forum/5552038-post30.html
//www.city-data.com/forum/2008-...w-can-you.html

Old 10-05-2008, 10:09 AM

35,016 posts, read 39,159,646 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by mimimomx3 View Post
I'm not a Democrat, but I will say that I wish Obama were more mindful of the Constitution and would reverse the Republican's dismantling of it via the 'Patriot' Act. I simply can not vote for another 8 years of a party that has shrunk our civil liberties.
Well, he taught constitutional law for 12 years at the University of Chicago, andyou can tell by his voting record that he's mindful in the extreme of the constitution, even when his vote is "controversial" (S-1090 (? correct number?), FISA).

I know he's mentioned it elsewhere but here's this, from an April 2008 interview in Philadelphia: "[I asked] whether an Obama administration would seek to prosecute officials of a former Bush administration on the revelations that they greenlighted torture, or for other potential crimes that took place in the White House.

"Obama said that as president he would indeed ask his new Attorney General and his deputies to 'immediately review the information that's already there' and determine if an inquiry is warranted -- but he also tread carefully on the issue, in line with his reputation for seeking to bridge the partisan divide. He worried that such a probe could be spun as 'a partisan witch hunt.' However, he said that equation changes if there was willful criminality, because 'nobody is above the law.'"

Entire Obama statement here: Obama would ask his AG to "immediately review" potential of crimes in Bush White House | Philadelphia Daily News | 04/14/2008

Some heartening links here: //www.city-data.com/forum/5503954-post2.html

Old 10-05-2008, 10:12 AM

3,758 posts, read 8,441,841 times
You stated in another thread that you used to support Obama, but you no longer do. Are you subconsciously wanting us to give you reasons so you can go back to supporting Obama?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections