Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 10-05-2008, 07:10 PM

826 posts, read 1,625,212 times

Advertisements

http://ap.google.com/article/ALeqM5i...I1gMgD93KH8282

Are they afraid?

[quote]Quote:
ASHEVILLE, N.C. (AP) — Barack Obama's allies warn that John McCain's attacks on the Democrat'a character will lead to the political equivalent of mutual assured destruction: fire your big weapon at your own peril.

Several Obama surrogates said his supporters may start reminding voters of McCain's ties to Charles Keating, a convicted savings and loan owner whose actions two decades ago triggered a Senate ethics investigation that involved McCain as one of the "Keating Five."

The warnings of massive retaliation came as McCain's running mate, Alaska Gov. Sarah Palin, took on the role of attacker and said that Obama sees America as so imperfect "that he's palling around with terrorists who would target their own country." She was referring to an early Obama supporter, 1960s radical Bill Ayers, a founder of the Weather Underground whose members were blamed for several bombings when Obama was a child. [quote]

Here was the response form the McCain Campaign:

Quote:
McCain camp responds to Obama in NC..
Please see our campaigns response to Barack Obamas event in Asheville, N.C.. Today, Barack Obama accused our campaign of running swift boat attacks for discussing in precise and truthful terms Barack Obamas relationship with William Ayers, an unrepentant co-founder of The Weather Underground which was a domestic terrorist organization that bombed American targets:

Quote:
The last four weeks of this election will be about whether the American people are willing to turn our economy and national security over to Barack Obama, a man with little record, questionable judgment, and ties to radical figures like unrepentant domestic terrorist William Ayers. Americans need to ask themselves if they've ever befriended an unrepentant terrorist, or had a convicted felon help them buy their house -- because those aren't smears, those are true facts about Barack Obama
---Tucker Bounds, spokesman McCain-Palin 2008
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 10-05-2008, 07:12 PM

3,758 posts, read 8,439,777 times
Let 'er rip, Obama!

Old 10-05-2008, 07:13 PM

826 posts, read 1,625,212 times
I think the Obama camp is scared.

Read the last quote on this post. I want to see blood!!!!! Expose hussein and his terrorist friends

Old 10-05-2008, 07:13 PM

1,958 posts, read 2,494,881 times
Wow, looks like the boy is rattled and wants to go ghetto!

Old 10-05-2008, 07:14 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Slash83 View Post
I think the Obama camp is scared.

Read the last quote on this post. I want to see blood!!!!! Expose hussein and his terrorist friends
I think you got me wrong. If McCain wants to get nasty, Obama needs to let 'er rip.

Old 10-05-2008, 07:16 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ironclad View Post
Wow, looks like the boy is rattled and wants to go ghetto!
No, he is trying to be patient and act like a real man, but is getting aggravated with McCain's nasty tactics.

Old 10-05-2008, 07:21 PM

1,958 posts, read 2,494,881 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by PG77 View Post
No, he is trying to be patient and act like a real man, but is getting aggravated with McCain's nasty tactics.
So whats he to do, turn Ayres loose?

Old 10-05-2008, 07:22 PM

18,356 posts, read 26,488,295 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by PG77 View Post
What's Obama trying to hide?

Old 10-05-2008, 07:26 PM

4,242 posts, read 8,773,645 times
Also, Obama fathered a black child. TWO of them. Can't wait until that hits the papers.

Old 10-05-2008, 07:26 PM

Look, they both have things that might not be so good, but at least Obama is trying to keep it civil. McCain doesn't have the good judgment enough to realize that if he starts spouting off things, he will be shooting himself in the foot (once again, since he shot himself in the foot by picking Palin as VP).
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections