Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 10-06-2008, 11:31 AM

1,555 posts, read 1,984,233 times

Advertisements

Okay, people.
McCain is proving himself to be two faced AS WELL as potentially senile.

When on Morning Joe Oct 2nd, he was asked about all the pork packed into the Bailout Bill. His response..
"Well, that’s just the way the system is working in Washington and the reason why it’s got to be fixed and it’s got to be changed. And no matter what the stakes are, you’ve got to stop this by starting to veto bills that come across the president’s desk. They can’t help themselves...
And until we stop it, until we get, frankly, a president who will say I’m going to veto those bills, I’m going to make the people famous that put them on there"

SOOO he voted FOR a bill that he really thinks the President should veto??????? WHAT??? HE VOTED FOR IT!!!!

THEN, Mika asked:
"I want to just ask you one final question, though, about the bill because I think given, especially what you’ve been just saying on our broadcast right now, why then didn’t you vote against a bill that is corrupting and stand up to pork and all this spending during an economic crisis that some say this-puts this country on the brink of-of economic disaster?

His response?:
"Because of what you just said, Mika, that this bill is putting us on the brink of economic disaster."

Whaaaa??? He must be taking lessons from Sarah Palin. Is he losing it???
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 10-06-2008, 11:35 AM

12,867 posts, read 14,955,436 times
speaking of pork, despite pledges to rein in pork, the democratic congress had included a combined 11,351 pork projects in the house and senate appropriations bills. here is a list:

http://www.heritage.org/Research/bud...660_table1.pdf

Old 10-06-2008, 11:37 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by floridasandy View Post
speaking of pork, despite pledges to rein in pork, the democratic congress had included a combined 11,351 pork projects in the house and senate appropriations bills. here is a list:
ahhhh...so basically you have nothing to say about the topic of this thread so you're just deflecting? Save your list.

Old 10-06-2008, 11:42 AM

12,867 posts, read 14,955,436 times
what is there to say? there is too much pork in washington and i am wondering if anyone disputes this besides you? i will leave the list because some americans want to see where their money is actually going.
this is not a one-sided argument. you cannot distance yourself from a bill that obama voted for as well. there is no dispute that both obama and mccain thought that this bill was the only way to save the country from economic ruin, which is why they both voted for it, although most economics dispute what both mccain and obama have done as being good for the country.

Old 10-06-2008, 11:49 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by floridasandy View Post
what is there to say? there is too much pork in washington and i am wondering if anyone disputes this besides you? i will leave the list because some americans want to see where their money is actually going.
this is not a one-sided argument. you cannot distance yourself from a bill that obama voted for as well. there is no dispute that both obama and mccain thought that this bill was the only way to save the country from economic ruin, which is why they both voted for it, although most economics dispute what both mccain and obama have done as being good for the country.
I'm not disputing that Obama voted for it - the point of the thread is McCain's hypocrisy and bizarre "defenses" of his actions.

Old 10-06-2008, 11:53 AM

12,642 posts, read 15,642,691 times
Senator McCain blew yet another opportunity to stand up for what he says.

Old 10-06-2008, 12:55 PM

awwww...where are all the McCainites and Palindrones to defend their straight talking leader???

Old 10-06-2008, 01:15 PM

8,185 posts, read 12,669,772 times
Of course mccain backtracked and flip flopped. It is what they do (and by they, I mean all politicians). Disgusting, isn't it?

I was wondering, does anyone know if there is a list of all the pork attached to the bailout? I really want to know. It is criminal if not treasonous for our elected officials to have added any pork to that bill, and the fact that neither obama nor mccain is shouting about it from the rooftops tells me we have four more years of the status quo to look forward to.

Old 10-06-2008, 01:36 PM

4,507 posts, read 9,084,907 times
McCain has not added to any piece of legislation even $1 of pork in his entire time in the Senate. He has a solid record of voting against pork, but to vote against it all would mean that he would have to vote against nearly every bill ever put up for a vote. He doesn't control what pork goes into a bill, but as President he has the power to veto.

Contrast BO...has requested nearly $1 million of pork for each day he has worked in the Senate. Has not promised to veto or control pork if he should be President. I think BO LIKES pork.

Old 10-06-2008, 03:05 PM

12,642 posts, read 15,642,691 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by NCyank View Post
McCain has not added to any piece of legislation even $1 of pork in his entire time in the Senate. He has a solid record of voting against pork, but to vote against it all would mean that he would have to vote against nearly every bill ever put up for a vote. He doesn't control what pork goes into a bill, but as President he has the power to veto.

Contrast BO...has requested nearly $1 million of pork for each day he has worked in the Senate. Has not promised to veto or control pork if he should be President. I think BO LIKES pork.

Senator McCain likes it too. He took a healthy portion just the other day to the tune of 110Billion dollars of prime choice bacon. If his campaign is really about reforming Washington, why didn't he do it when it matters most? He had a larger audience that Governor Palin could ever deliver and he dropped the ball. After all of the leadership, "suspend the Campaign" talk, he didn't even make a statement.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections