Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 09-09-2008, 08:32 AM

4,829 posts, read 7,753,950 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Former New York Mayor Ed Koch, who endorsed and worked for George W. Bush in 2004, is endorsing Obama today, NY1 first reported.
I asked Koch just now what prompted the move.
"The designation of Palin to be vice president," he said. "She's scary."

Koch said he'd visited six states for Bush in 2004, primarily Florida, but also several others. ("Why they sent me to Iowa, I don't know.") He said he'd be happy to campaign for Obama "if they ask me to."
Koch is a member of a set of secular, swing-voting Jewish Democrats who may have been pushed away by the selection of Palin, and his endorsement may be a marker of an opportunity for Obama to strengthen his campaign among older Jewish voters in Florida.
Palin is driving the Jewish vote away in droves.

Ben Smith's Blog: Koch backs Obama, calls Palin 'scary' - Politico.com
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 09-09-2008, 03:52 PM

12,711 posts, read 13,491,159 times
Florida is now a tie, according to electoral-vote.com. Jews don't like the super-super-Christ-y people. Well, nobody does, except other super-super-Christ-y people.

Old 09-09-2008, 03:53 PM

20,169 posts, read 24,351,970 times
Two words:

Joe Lieberman

Old 09-09-2008, 04:49 PM

3,709 posts, read 4,632,071 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by djacques View Post
Florida is now a tie, according to electoral-vote.com. Jews don't like the super-super-Christ-y people. Well, nobody does, except other super-super-Christ-y people.
So, is Koch's "scary" comment a religious attack? Your comment certainly is.

Old 09-09-2008, 04:53 PM

365 posts, read 525,853 times
Thanks for sharing this info blacknight04.

As it been said before: McSame just doesn't get it! They think that the American people can be fooled with their illusions. But we are not stupid! McSamelin may have tried to steal Obama's motto, but we know that they will only be a continuation of Bush....

We know that McSame is not the change agent. We know that Sarah is his cheer leader. Anyway why would a maverick that has the courage to accept VP nominee and ready to be one heart-beat from the President, but yet she is not ready or has the courage to face the media? Why did GOP dogged the media and why have they used every card they can use just to keep Sarah from being exposed? Why do they need more time to prepare her if she is so experienced? Why is image more important than issues to them? BECAUSE IT'S ALL AN ILLUSION TO FOOL THE AMERICAN PEOPLE FOR THEIR VOTES! But Koch and millions of other Americans will not be fooled.

We don't need a McCain-Palin shake up, we need A CHANGE WE CAN BELIEVE IN.

NO WAY---NO HOW---NO McCAIN-PALIN!

OBAMA IS THE ONLY REAL CHANGE AGENT, NOT McSAMELIN!

Old 09-09-2008, 04:56 PM

6,762 posts, read 11,637,908 times
McCain has voted with Bush 90% of the time. Obama has voted with Bush 50% of the time.

So does that make the candidates McSame and Obamush? Obama's got a lot of Bush in him if we are gonna keep playing the vote association game.

Florida is in play, but I think the continued far left smears going mainstream are going to continue to turn off more and more voters to Obama. The smears are certainly not a "change", which just continues to show that he's not about change anymore than anyone else is.

Old 09-09-2008, 04:58 PM

12,711 posts, read 13,491,159 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by irishvanguard View Post
So, is Koch's "scary" comment a religious attack? Your comment certainly is.
Sarah Palin is a religious extremist lunatic. Classify that however you like.

Old 09-09-2008, 05:10 PM

8,064 posts, read 18,021,934 times
Ed Koch is still alive? I thought he died years ago. Guess that's because he's mondo irrelevant.

Old 09-09-2008, 05:13 PM

12,642 posts, read 15,612,700 times
"I have concluded that the country is safer in the hands of Barack Obama, leader of the Democratic Party and protector of the philosophy of that party.

If the vice president were ever called on to lead the country, there is no question in my mind that the experience and demonstrated judgment of Joe Biden is superior to that of Sarah Palin.

Frankly, it would scare me if she were to succeed John McCain in the presidency."

WOW.

Old 09-09-2008, 05:15 PM

17,764 posts, read 39,756,420 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by blacknight04 View Post
Palin is driving the Jewish vote away in droves.

Ben Smith's Blog: Koch backs Obama, calls Palin 'scary' - Politico.com
Oy!
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections