Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 10-06-2008, 04:34 PM

2,036 posts, read 4,398,456 times

Advertisements

Okay folks. We have all gone off the deep end with lies, falsehoods and insults. The reality is this:

Obama is not qualified to be President. He knows nothing about the economy or foreign affairs. He is a nice guy who means well, but has no experience. Being a community organizer isn't going to cut it.

McCain is a hero who we owe thanks to. He also means well and has much more experience than Obama. However, he is not qualified to be President either. He knows nothing about our most pressing problem.

Basically, it's just another year with the wrong choices. Is anyone else getting tired of voting for the lesser of 2 evils?

We are screwed!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 10-06-2008, 04:36 PM

13,186 posts, read 14,985,890 times
I predict when people read this post it will have exaclty the opposite effect you intended.

You're wearing your welcome out.

Old 10-06-2008, 04:37 PM

9,326 posts, read 22,025,900 times
yet another thread from charlton going nowhere...

Old 10-06-2008, 04:38 PM

No, this is for real. I am tired of the entire thing. Today's events put me over the edge.

Old 10-06-2008, 04:40 PM

2,039 posts, read 6,324,961 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Charlton Dude View Post
Okay folks. We have all gone off the deep end with lies, falsehoods and insults. The reality is this:

Obama is not qualified to be President. He knows nothing about the economy or foreign affairs. He is a nice guy who means well, but has no experience. Being a community organizer isn't going to cut it.

McCain is a hero who we owe thanks to. He also means well and has much more experience than Obama. However, he is not qualified to be President either. He knows nothing about our most pressing problem.

Basically, it's just another year with the wrong choices. Is anyone else getting tired of voting for the lesser of 2 evils?

We are screwed!
Whatever....

http://www.blueherald.com/uploads/Batocchio/RW_Cartoons/2008/3_30_08/_Glenn_2_11_08_McCain.jpg (broken link)

Old 10-06-2008, 04:41 PM

30,902 posts, read 33,021,357 times
Quote:
No, this is for real. I am tired of the entire thing. Today's events put me over the edge.
Why?

Old 10-06-2008, 04:41 PM

2,039 posts, read 6,324,961 times
Quote:

We are screwed!

Becasue things will be "different" this time, right???

Oh yeah, because I'm feeling better about McSAME all the time....
http://a.abcnews.com/images/Politics/apr_bush_mccain_070425_ms.jpg (broken link)

Old 10-06-2008, 04:46 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by JerZ View Post
Why?

It's just sickening what is happening in our country. If we follow the facts, not our own propaganda posts, we will see that both Democrats & Republicans have been a problem. Corporate execs and individual consumers, also. Everyone is power hungry and greedy. I watch my retirement slip away from me today, even though I played by all the rules.

No matter who wins the election, the political system, greed and corruption will not be fixed. It will just be refocused.

Old 10-06-2008, 04:55 PM

493 posts, read 717,739 times
McCain is another Bush term, he has passionately admitted to it himself
YouTube - MCCAIN PALIN Americans are STUPID!

Now if you can stomach it, while the economy (which he admittedly doesn't understand) is going to hell, then he's your man! Simple as that!

Old 10-06-2008, 05:05 PM

1,867 posts, read 4,079,791 times
Quote:
It's just sickening what is happening in our country. If we follow the facts, not our own propaganda posts, we will see that both Democrats & Republicans have been a problem. Corporate execs and individual consumers, also. Everyone is power hungry and greedy. I watch my retirement slip away from me today, even though I played by all the rules.

No matter who wins the election, the political system, greed and corruption will not be fixed. It will just be refocused.
I'm very sorry to hear that. Hopefully the markets will look up soon. I haven't even looked at my 401(k) account but I feel like I'm quite aways from retirements so hoping I'll still end up OK. It must be so very stressful though for our fellow Americans who are on the verge of retirement. You sound like you might one day need a safety net, and that's when a fellow American will be there for you under Obama. Under McCain you are on your own, even if like you you've been a good hard-working citizen and done everything right.

I must agree that I am very disheartened by the Democratic leaders in the Congress, who are doing an absolutely horrible job leading us away from failed Bush policies (like this bailout). They should've cut off funding and gotten us the heck out of Iraq by now. That will save us many lives and billions of dollars immediately. Then Iraq can use its BILLIONS in budget SURPLUS (yeah, while we're sinking they're swimming in money and oil). I feel McCain will keep us over there forever. He even wants us to stay longer than Iraq wants or needs us there! Totally insane policy.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections