Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 11-12-2008, 03:02 PM

9,326 posts, read 22,019,398 times

Advertisements

Palin says she'd be honored to help Obama - CNN.com

The Alaska governor said in an interview with CNN's Wolf Blitzer that she would be willing to help if Obama asked her for assistance on some of the issues she highlighted during this year's campaign, such as energy or services for special-needs children.

Good for her! This is the way things should be. You rally around the guy that was elected and get over pettiness, and offer your assistance.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 11-12-2008, 03:04 PM

1,389 posts, read 3,534,028 times
There is little likely hood that he would select her for anything though.

Old 11-12-2008, 03:05 PM

1,774 posts, read 2,809,087 times
Ughhhhhh.......we are hearing more from the VP than the actual nominee. Why can't she keep a low profile?

Old 11-12-2008, 03:07 PM

3,813 posts, read 4,915,261 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by minibrings View Post
Palin says she'd be honored to help Obama - CNN.com

The Alaska governor said in an interview with CNN's Wolf Blitzer that she would be willing to help if Obama asked her for assistance on some of the issues she highlighted during this year's campaign, such as energy or services for special-needs children.

Good for her!
I'm sure her vast knowledge would be a huge complement to the Obama administration. NOT!! Her ridiculing fruit fly research while advocating for children with special needs shows her 'expertise'. Having a child with special needs does not make you an expert. Her sister has a child with autism and Palin doesn't even know that fruit fly research correlates/complements with autism research. Geeze!

Old 11-12-2008, 03:07 PM

20,462 posts, read 12,381,706 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by jnestorr View Post
Ughhhhhh.......we are hearing more from the VP than the actual nominee. Why can't she keep a low profile?
why should she? because you dont like her?

Old 11-12-2008, 03:09 PM

1,389 posts, read 3,534,028 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by jnestorr View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ferd View Post
why should she? because you dont like her?
I doubt she is seeking out the interviews. I am sure the media goes to her. After all, people either LOVE her or HATE her. There seems to be no in-between. A lost of people see McCain as a take him or leave him kind of guy.

Palin makes for better news ratings.

Old 11-12-2008, 03:11 PM

135 posts, read 224,135 times
I wholeheartedly believe she would be honored to **** my **** if it would get her ahead. Her idea for the future of the Republican party was something very akin to "not bieng the old party, being more about change and more about reaching across the aisle." That sounds amazingly like another compain that was ran this year. She truly is disgusting.

If anyone was really going to be honored to help the new administration and such, they would shelve the 2012 jockeying and get things done for the American people and their own constituents, at least maybe for the first year or two for Pete's sake... Instead, most politicians I see (especially repubs, and especially Palin) are spending their resources and time seeing how they can latch onto this wave and get themselves into position for later. Tell me how that's going to help me, my family, my neighbors, or you.

Old 11-12-2008, 03:16 PM

2,857 posts, read 6,725,789 times
If she believe the lies she told about Obama during the campaign, I find it hard to imagine that she would be willing to work for him. Would she really want to pal around with someone who pals around with . . .

Old 11-12-2008, 03:17 PM

12,373 posts, read 13,194,417 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by minibrings View Post
And in the same interview she says she would like to have more discussion about Bill Ayers, talking about burning bridges before you cross them.

Old 11-12-2008, 03:17 PM

27,624 posts, read 21,125,541 times
Why would she want to work with the guy she referred to as an anti-American, terrorist? Maybe she owes him an apology.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections