Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 10-07-2008, 03:55 PM

2,415 posts, read 4,262,283 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by delusianne
Obama represented them in a housing discrimination suit in the 90s.

What a freakin crock of crap. A "discrimination" suit!?!? Please do some homework before you sugar coat it like that.

Let me tell you what Obama did.....he SUED lenders who would NOT loan money to people who could NOT afford to buy a house and did NOT have the credit to do so.

With the backing of his friends in GOVERNMENT, he won the lawsuits and FORCED the lender to lend money to people who COULD NOT AFFORD loans.

Now you have the housing crisis, full of bad mortgages, a lot of which were forced to be made by government agencies and institutions like ACORN whose employees were TRAINED BY BARACK OBAMA.

Obama contributed to this housing and financial crisis while John McCain was trying to warn people of the impending problems with Freddie Mac and Fannie Mae.

And NOW...WE the people of the United States will have to pay up over $700 Billion (the actual numbers will be between $1-$2 TRILLION when it's over) to pay for these "housing discrimination suits."

So Obama and the government force the loans to be made to people who can't afford them, the CEO's of Fannie and Freddie (both economic advisers to Obama) get mega rich, then the pyramid scheme falls out, Obama gets elected, and then we will pay for the mistakes with our tax money. They should ALL be put in jail, including OBAMA for his role in supporting this crisis.

Some of you are so freaking blind to reality it is absolutely incredible that you get through your entire day without walking into a wall.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 10-07-2008, 03:56 PM

36,692 posts, read 67,712,404 times
Was that before or after he voted for Banking deregulation? Oh, my bad, that's right, he didn't vote for Banking dereulation, John McCain did.

Glad we resolved that.

Old 10-07-2008, 03:57 PM

35,016 posts, read 39,235,880 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ShakenStirred View Post
Quote:

What a freakin crock of crap. A "discrimination" suit!?!? Please do some homework before you sugar coat it like that.

Let me tell you what Obama did.....he SUED lenders who would NOT loan money to people who could NOT afford to buy a house and did NOT have the credit to do so.

With the backing of his friends in GOVERNMENT, he won the lawsuits and FORCED the lender to lend money to people who COULD NOT AFFORD loans.

Now you have the housing crisis, full of bad mortgages, a lot of which were forced to be made by government agencies and institutions like ACORN whose employees were TRAINED BY BARACK OBAMA.

Obama contributed to this housing and financial crisis while John McCain was trying to warn people of the impending problems with Freddie Mac and Fannie Mae.

And NOW...WE the people of the United States will have to pay up over $700 Billion (the actual numbers will be between $1-$2 TRILLION when it's over) to pay for these "housing discrimination suits."

So Obama and the government force the loans to be made to people who can't afford them, the CEO's of Fannie and Freddie (both economic advisers to Obama) get mega rich, then the pyramid scheme falls out, Obama gets elected, and then we will pay for the mistakes with our tax money. They should ALL be put in jail, including OBAMA for his role in supporting this crisis.

Some of you are so freaking blind to reality it is absolutely incredible that you get through your entire day without walking into a wall.
Mom?

Old 10-07-2008, 04:00 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by delusianne View Post
Mom?

No, not mom, but very funny!

Remember delusional (it just dawned on me how appropriate your name is), Mother knows best.

On a side note, only one of two things is going to happen with the debate tonight. John McCain is going to suprise him and win hands down, or he's going to bore everyone to tears and no one will remember what the heck he said tomorrow. I fear the latter, but oh well, life goes on.

Old 10-07-2008, 04:01 PM

2,305 posts, read 3,049,954 times
Quote:
Quote:

Why didn't you just respond to her original post instead of starting a whole new thread about it? Were you thinking that you had some grand new enlightenment that only a new thread would be worthy of? Did she strike such a nerve in you that the only way you could calm down was to hit that 'New Thread' button?

Old 10-07-2008, 04:12 PM

Senator Obama...your economic plan proposes to raise taxes on millions of small businesses like mine from 35% up to 52%. Why do you believe you, if elected as President, have the right to take over half of the money my my company makes, and more importantly, what do you think will happen to the already unstable economy when you raise these taxes, and us millions of small business owners have to lay off employees, and can no longer afford benefits like retirement plans and health insurance for the employees that we manage to keep on board.

Thank you in advance for your answer Senator Obama.

Old 10-07-2008, 04:13 PM

35,016 posts, read 39,235,880 times
Quote:

No, not mom, but very funny!

Remember delusional (it just dawned on me how appropriate your name is), Mother knows best.
it always cracks me up when people get all j'accuse about my username What did you think it meant?

I've answered all your misbegotten claims and then some in a dozen other posts and I dont feel like wasting time rehashing it all for you.

I feel like wasting time reorganizing my worldcat book lists and wondering what would be nice for dinner.

Quote:
On a side note, only one of two things is going to happen with the debate tonight. John McCain is going to suprise him and win hands down, or he's going to bore everyone to tears and no one will remember what the heck he said tomorrow. I fear the latter, but oh well, life goes on.
Rotsa ruck.

Old 10-07-2008, 04:15 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by rightofcenter View Post
Why didn't you just respond to her original post instead of starting a whole new thread about it? Were you thinking that you had some grand new enlightenment that only a new thread would be worthy of? Did she strike such a nerve in you that the only way you could calm down was to hit that 'New Thread' button?
Because I felt like it....what are you, the new thread police? And I did respond to her post, as well as start a new thread.

I like to hear myself talk. It's the internet, a bunch of 1's and 0's translated into words and pictures and various other types of information....so relax, it ain't no big thing in the scope of life. Sounds like a struck a nerve with you instead.

Old 10-07-2008, 04:17 PM

2,305 posts, read 3,049,954 times
Quote:
Because I felt like it....what are you, the new thread police? And I did respond to her post, as well as start a new thread.

I like to hear myself talk. It's the internet, a bunch of 1's and 0's translated into words and pictures and various other types of information....so relax, it ain't no big thing in the scope of life. Sounds like a struck a nerve with you instead.
As long as you feel better - that's all that counts. We don't want anyone going off the deep end here. Step away from the ledge!

Old 10-07-2008, 04:20 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by delusianne View Post
I've answered all your misbegotten claims and then some in a dozen other posts and I dont feel like wasting time rehashing it all for you.

I feel like wasting time reorganizing my worldcat book lists and wondering what would be nice for dinner.

Rotsa ruck.
So why answer at all?

I like your spunk, and you told me in a DM what your screenname stood for. After it's all over, your one of the only liberals on here that I'd actually enjoy sitting down and having a drink with. Good luck to you tonight as well.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections