Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 10-07-2008, 07:47 AM

12,642 posts, read 15,598,969 times

Advertisements

What Questions would you like to hear in Tonight's Debate?

Please Be civil, no personal attacks, flaming, or insults.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 10-07-2008, 07:53 AM

874 posts, read 1,855,758 times
Just the economy. No accusations of fault. Just some good discussion of how they plan to get us out of this mess.

Old 10-07-2008, 07:55 AM

1,748 posts, read 2,479,102 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by genmomto5 View Post
Just the economy. No accusations of fault. Just some good discussion of how they plan to get us out of this mess.
I agree.

Old 10-07-2008, 07:56 AM

1,120 posts, read 2,591,809 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by walidm View Post
What Questions would you like to hear in Tonight's Debate?

Please Be civil, no personal attacks, flaming, or insults.

For starters:

Mr. McCain, why is your campaign full of personal attacks, flaming, and insults.

Old 10-07-2008, 07:59 AM

148 posts, read 236,809 times
I would like to know what they both think about the federal government giving loans to states who are incapable of managing their own budgets. Should there be restrictions? Should there be penalties? Or, should any state that wants a loan be given one? What happens when the government runs out of loan money? Wouldn't just printing more affect inflation? So, then which states will be given priority?

Also, I do wish that someone in the audience would stand up and tell McCain that fear and smear is a waste of everyone's time. It simply causes people to lose interest in the election.

Old 10-07-2008, 08:02 AM

5,758 posts, read 11,636,388 times
One I'd really like to ask:

-Describe your view of the executive branch in terms of its power and the limits of that power. How does this compare to the idea of an "imperial presidency?" How does this compare to the powers claimed or exercised by the George W. Bush administration?

Old 10-07-2008, 08:43 AM

2,857 posts, read 6,725,789 times
Mr. McCain, people in Colorado (a swing state) want to know what your position is on the reallocation of water rights under the Colorado River Compact? Do you continue to believe that water should be reallocated from Wyoming and Colorado to your home state of Arizona, and neighboring California?

Old 10-07-2008, 08:47 AM

3,425 posts, read 6,309,332 times
Mr Mc Cain, in 2000, you stated that "When you run negative attack ads, you have no vision or cant articulate your own vision." Your current campaign ads seem to contradict your own statement. Are you for or against negative attack ads?

Old 10-07-2008, 08:53 AM

15,402 posts, read 28,948,929 times
The thing I care most about is hearing answers to the questions, whatever they are. I get so sick of side stepping. As far as the questions, I think most of the questions tonight will be related to economic issues, health care, or "how are we going to pay for this program or that program."

If the candidates are smart, they'll realize these questions are weighing heavily on people right now. And they'll answer them.

IMO, it would be a serious mistake for either candidate to pull a Palin. I don't want to hear anybody saying, "I'm not going to answer the question you're asking. Instead I want to address the American people and talk about (insert smear du jour)."

I don't care if it's Ayers, or Keating, or some other scandal. Unless someone asks about it I'm not interested in hearing about it. (Of course, they've probably prearraged the internet questions... but that's another issue. If it comes up as a question, pre-arranged or not, then any topic is ok by me.)

Old 10-07-2008, 08:55 AM
LML

7,100 posts, read 9,111,175 times
I sincerely want the entire debate used to give the candidates an opportunity to explain their economic and health care policies. I want both of them to give as detailed an account as possible of what they would do to get the country out of this quagmire in which we find ourselves. And I want them to explain what they are going to do about the health care mess in which we now find ourselves. I want answers from both of them. NOT bumper sticker slogans and NOT attacks on one another. Let them talk about THEIR policies and NOT the policies of their opponent.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections