Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 10-07-2008, 07:15 PM

13,721 posts, read 19,281,297 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by beenhereandthere View Post
Ok cons and rabid Obama haters who will stop at nothing to hate the likely chance of an Obama presidency. Explain this to me, since you say crazy things like "Obama is friends with a member of the Weather Underground!" Obama is a terrorist, Obama is friends with people that hate America.

Using your dumbas**d standard, how Obama is associated with terrorists and seeing how some of you say things like: "I'm not racist! I would vote for Condi Rice!" any different from Rice meeting with a terrorist?

ResultsRice meets with Libya leader - CNN.com
Secretary of State Condoleezza Rice met Friday with Libyan leader Moammar Gadhafi, who asked for the latest news on the hurricanes plaguing U.S. coasts in recent weeks.

Rice meets with Libya leader - CNN.com · Cached page

Please explain the irony.
Do I think, like most "libs" that Condi Rice has terrorist ideas and is unpatrotic? Of course not. My point being though if you say that just meeting and talking to someone associates them with being a terrorist and a friend with them is wrong.
I can see you all saying Rice was only there conducting bussiness, well, that's another road you can go down to. Why is she responsible for meeting with Americas enemies, but Obama is dangerous for saying that he would?
You didn't listen very well. High level leaders can meet with leaders of rogue countries. It is bad idea for the PRESIDENT to meet with leaders of rogue countries WITHOUT PRECONDITIONS. Condi Rice is not the president.

And as someone else pointed out, Obama was SOCIALIZING with these people and some of them helped him get into college and helped him in his career. Condi is meeting with them because that is what her job is. She's not socializing with them and they are not helping her get into an ivy league college (she did that on her own) or further her career (she did that on her own too).

You should make sure you know what you are talking about before you post something like this.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 10-07-2008, 07:44 PM

9,189 posts, read 7,609,474 times
The Bush's did business with a member of the Bin Laden family but you didn't hear too much about that since that Bin Laden died in a plane crash.

Old 10-07-2008, 08:04 PM

2,865 posts, read 9,372,656 times
Quote:
Predictiable response.
Again, she and her adminstration, very likely will cost McCain the election. Secondly, don't be suprised if she is in the cabinet if McSame gets in.
Again, I've seen too many of you cons say "I would vote for Condi Rice, I'm not racist!". But yet you grasp at a stupid straw and really believe that if Obama gets elected, buidlings will blow up and AlQueda will run wild, due to "terrorist" connections.
Please bring something to the table. Leave the dumb stuff to Palin.
Maybe because many think that Osama, I mean Obama is a terroist. I don't like him at all. I don't like his background, there is something unamerican to it.

Diane G

Old 10-07-2008, 08:32 PM

29,939 posts, read 39,492,612 times
You guys/gals would defend this gang member?

Old 10-07-2008, 08:35 PM

1,372 posts, read 3,767,889 times
Quote:
Ok cons and rabid Obama haters who will stop at nothing to hate the likely chance of an Obama presidency. Explain this to me, since you say crazy things like "Obama is friends with a member of the Weather Underground!" Obama is a terrorist, Obama is friends with people that hate America.

Using your dumbas**d standard, how Obama is associated with terrorists and seeing how some of you say things like: "I'm not racist! I would vote for Condi Rice!" any different from Rice meeting with a terrorist?

Secretary of State Condoleezza Rice met Friday with Libyan leader Moammar Gadhafi, who asked for the latest news on the hurricanes plaguing U.S. coasts in recent weeks.

Do I think, like most "libs" that Condi Rice has terrorist ideas and is unpatrotic? Of course not. My point being though if you say that just meeting and talking to someone associates them with being a terrorist and a friend with them is wrong.
I can see you all saying Rice was only there conducting bussiness, well, that's another road you can go down to. Why is she responsible for meeting with Americas enemies, but Obama is dangerous for saying that he would?
She is the Secretary of State!

Old 10-07-2008, 08:35 PM

9,892 posts, read 10,834,370 times
Quote:

Are you drunk?

Old 10-07-2008, 09:07 PM

1,142 posts, read 2,122,565 times
Let's compare apples and oranges

1. Rice meets with Lybian dictator Gadhafi ...so what?

2. Obama associates with, socializes with, recieves money and advice from and begins his campaign at a party in the home of Weatherman Terrorist Bill Ayers attended by anti-Israeli muslim PLO operatives.

There is a BIG difference there! Obama's associations are well known and well documented. From Millitant Muslims to hate spewing racist preachers to convicted criminals to the Weathermen terrorist bombers.

Lets remember that William Ayers was the leader of a cell of the Weatherman Bombers. He told his followers to go home and kill their parents. He and his followers, including his present mistress the convicted criminal Bernadine Dohrn planted bombs in federal buildings trying to KILL AND MAIM INNOCENT PEOPLE

Those are facts. Bernadine Dohrn and several of her accomplices spent time in federal prison but Ayers escaped prosecution because of a major foul up by Federal prosecutors. He walked while his fellow bombers paid the price in prison.

He has since said he has no regrets about what he did and that he wished he had done more (planted more bombs or killed someone?) On his blog he says it was all a protest of the Viet Nam War. He cannot justify his criminal behavior by calling it a war protest. Especially in light of the fact he was trying to kill innocent people!

SOME FRIEND OBAMA!!! What a f'n jerk!

Old 10-08-2008, 07:29 AM

21,026 posts, read 22,168,874 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Diane Giam View Post
Maybe because many think that Osama, I mean Obama is a terroist. I don't like him at all. I don't like his background, there is something unamerican to it.

Diane G
Like ALLthe others who call Obama a terrorist you give no proof.

Maybe you could describe what you think of as "unamerican"?

Not white?

Don't like his background?

What? Successful? Well-educated? Shocking!

Old 10-08-2008, 08:07 AM

1,142 posts, read 2,122,565 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Who?Me?! View Post
Like ALLthe others who call Obama a terrorist you give no proof.

Maybe you could describe what you think of as "unamerican"?

Not white?

Don't like his background?

What? Successful? Well-educated? Shocking!
No, Obama has done well, has received a fine education and has been successful. That's not the problem (and I won't stoop as low as you have by mentioning race which has nothing to do with his "background")

The major problem with Obama's background to most thinking Americans is Obama's associations with convicted criminals, radical Muslims, known Marxists, Communists and radicals.

That's the most disturbing thing about his background.

His campaign was launched in the home of William Ayers, an unrepentant accused terrorist who tried to maim and kill innocent people in government buildings. It was proven in the trials of his accompliaces that Ayers himself instructed his weaterman cell members on bomb construction and scouted and made maps of places they were to place bombs. In the end he couldn't be prosecuted but he let his "friends" take the rap for him. Fine friend Obama has huh?

Also at that meeting was Obama's friend, slumlord and client Tony "the Rag" Rezko who was up on a bribery of a public official charge which he was later convicted of. You might remember the mansion Obama bought which he said he couldn't afford. It was Rezko's money laundering Syrian arms dealer friend that arranged Obama's loan. Another fine friend of Obama right?

Also at that meeting were several prominent Chicago area Muslims and Professor Rashid Khalidi, a known terrorist sympathizer. Khalidi serves on the faculty of Columbia University in New York and is best known as the professor who invited Iranian President Ahmedinejad to visit Columbia University after he finished his speech at the United Nations. According to confidential sources, Khalidi has direct ties to the Palestinian Liberation Organization (PLO), a group on the US State Department's list of known terrorist groups. He and his wife Mona allegedly participated in a scam to divert money from a Chicago Arab-American organization to PLO operatives in Palestine. The clandestine operation was funded with money scammed from the Woods Foundation when their friends Barack Obama and William Ayers served on that board.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections