Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

View Poll Results: Why did McCain refuse to shake hands?
He knew he blew the election and was mighty P.O.'d 13 22.81%
He's just a grumpy, hateful old man 31 54.39%
His arthritis was acting up and he couldn't raise his arm 6 10.53%
He's a racist pr*ck 7 12.28%
Voters: 57. You may not vote on this poll

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 10-08-2008, 12:24 AM

38,713 posts, read 26,515,460 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by artsyguy View Post
Obama is a people person. McCain is a spooky ole' mummy risen from the grave.
racist people, criminal people, America hating people, terrorist people...

Old 10-08-2008, 12:29 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by beenhereandthere View Post
Well, proably, however, if McCain does not clarify that tomorrow, then that is really going to make me wonder. Especially if he does not say something like Senator Obama did not offer to shake my hand (meaning that would show that he did not see it).
I'm on a rant about that because, that really pissed me off when I saw that. McCain seemed to see Barack shaking his wifes hand. So, while there is a possibility, that he did not see it.....
based on his anger and his demeanor during the debate, I think it was intentional on McCain's part since he's a butthole.
Your missing the point Obama is a filthy liar and a real creep with a circle of friends that would make Charles Manson walk on the other side of the street. You don't shake hands with someone like that.

Old 10-08-2008, 12:31 AM

9,325 posts, read 22,080,328 times
xanax anyone?

Old 10-08-2008, 12:32 AM

1,958 posts, read 2,503,234 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by minibrings View Post
xanax anyone?
<perk> white or pink?

Old 10-08-2008, 12:32 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by sanspeur View Post
I think he was afraid some of the black might rub off.
In the Navy he was trained to never shake hands with known enemies of the United States.

Old 10-08-2008, 12:34 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ironclad View Post
<perk> white or pink?
both just share...

Old 10-08-2008, 12:57 AM

5,152 posts, read 8,558,388 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by momonkey View Post
Your missing the point Obama is a filthy liar and a real creep with a circle of friends that would make Charles Manson walk on the other side of the street. You don't shake hands with someone like that.
Momonkey, your CDF name and childish posts about Obama make me wonder if there is a reason that you hate him (or at least hate the thought of him being POTUS) that has nothing to do with his politics. Meaning that you would probably kick Alan Keyes or Condi Rice to the curb as well.
Obama is a US Senator, so is McCain. As brothers in the US Senate, which is kind of like a fraternal club, you don't have to agree with what your "brother" (or sister) says, but you respect them as representatives and people, because it is an elite group.
Let me use an example that you probably could not relate to, just by judging you from the crap that I've seen from your posts (meaning you probably sit all day on a computer with potato chips, TV remote to Faux News and a 50 inch waistline). You go at it pretty hard in football, basketball or hockey (at least in the Stanley Cup playoffs). No matter how hard you may fight during the game, when the game is over, even though you may be pissed at your opponent for whatever during the game, even hockey players who fight each other, shake their opponents hand.
Again, maybe there is a small chance that McCain did not see the handshake, but based on his demeanor, who the hell knows besides McCain, the real reason for not doing so.

Last edited by beenhereandthere; 10-08-2008 at 12:58 AM.. Reason: quick correction

Old 10-08-2008, 01:02 AM

10,130 posts, read 19,952,163 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by momonkey View Post
So you are saying you walk the same side of the street as Charles Manson?

We all suspected as much anyway But thanks for the Manson perspective, you have articulated it very well!

Old 10-08-2008, 01:22 AM

2,016 posts, read 5,600,993 times
It was obvious McCain lost his composure at times during the debate, but we all know he is known to be a grumpy old man, perhaps not the greatest for national TV but at times just we need in national politics to get Washington to get their SH*T together. Some of his famous quotes:

""F**k you! I know more about this than anyone else in the room." John McCain to Sen. John Cornyn (R-TX), during a testy exchange about immigration legislation.

"No, I'm calling you a f*cking jerk." --to fellow Republican Sen. Chuck Grassley, when Grassley asked "Are you calling me stupid?"

"Only an a**hole would put together a budget like this ... I wouldn't call you an a**hole unless you really were an a**hole." --to Budget Committee Chairman and fellow Repulican Sen. Pete Domenici, during a Senate budget hearing

Old 10-08-2008, 02:08 AM

Now I know why he's the maverick. He calls his own team swear words!
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections