Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
2,500,000 members. Thank you!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 10-09-2008, 10:47 AM

1,302 posts, read 3,294,663 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by sanrene View Post
Excellent interview for both.

Breaking News | Latest News | Current News - FOXNews.com

The Ayers issue; Loved this. Mac hit him hard as well. Obviously, it is an issue regarding his honesty and judgement.

Hannity is entertainment, not news reporting. And he does it well, feeding his audiences what they want. Bravo to him for that and his success. But knowing that, the McCain camp needs to realize that they already HAVE the votes of anybody who watches Hannity and puts stock in his infomercial with the two candidates. Which is all this really was...So if you already have the support of anybody who would watch that program, and anybody who would buy the Ayers thing is already voting Republican, then you shift your approach to the independent/swing voter. This is their campaign error. Somebody who has not yet decided is somebody who is pretty pretty open-minded and fair. So they will see right through the silly attack ads and Ayers conspiracy bunk (I love the word "bunk" by the way) and if anything, be put off. His only hope, in my mind, was to vote with the House Republicans, so he could actually distinguish himself from Obama on the economy; gain the support of an angry citizenry...and going forward he should get VERY specific on economic and health issues. If you watch the CNN focus groups, every side of the aisle was begging for specifics...Keep up with the "middle name" references and he loses. I can not understand how he does not see this...won't change my vote though.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 10-09-2008, 11:40 AM

3,255 posts, read 5,057,569 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by albion View Post
Sean hannity the ex bartender, are you telling me that people actually care what this Idiot thinks?
You americans are In real trouble. People In the UK only watch Fox when they want a good laugh, I never thought americans took Fox seriously.
Like the Gospel of John, they take it seriously! My husband and kids and I turn it on occassionally when we feel like watching rabid dogs fight. Otherwise, not so much.

Old 10-09-2008, 11:54 AM

14,268 posts, read 18,813,125 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by j760 View Post
I enjoyed the interview a lot, and I think they both bring the best out of eachother when they work together, the interview is proof of that.
It also proves to me that Palin cannot be left alone to think for herself. Isn't this what the GOP is telling us? I'm sure we saw the best of Palin when Gibson and Couric interviewed her. If there was any editing, it was probably to make her look better, not worse. She has not appeared on Meet The Press, Face The Nation and refuses to be interviewed by respectable journalists. As a woman, I find it embarrassing when McCain speaks for her.

Both McCain and Palin are lying about Obama. Cindy McCain is also doing it now. Ask the veterans about McCain's record and they'll tell you that Obama is the best choice.

I wish the press would grow a pair and show the truth about "the real John McCain."
[URL]http://www.vietnamveteransagainstjohnmccain.com/[/URL]

Old 10-09-2008, 11:56 AM

1,862 posts, read 3,331,182 times
What's so strange to me is the fact that McCain has to go with Palin, and Palin has to go with McCain.

They apparently cannot be interviewed on their own.

Old 10-09-2008, 12:05 PM

18,923 posts, read 43,180,788 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by albion View Post
Sean hannity the ex bartender, are you telling me that people actually care what this Idiot thinks?
You americans are In real trouble. People In the UK only watch Fox when they want a good laugh, I never thought americans took Fox seriously.
Ugh, why are you here? Don't you need to get back to watching BBC and your dreadful Labour Party?

Old 10-09-2008, 12:07 PM

1,240 posts, read 2,230,213 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by cousinsal View Post
What's so strange to me is the fact that McCain has to go with Palin, and Palin has to go with McCain.

They apparently cannot be interviewed on their own.

Palin won't even do the Today Show, let alone Meet the Press, Face the Nation etc. What, is she affraid Ann Currey might back her into one of the those "gotchya" corners?
Don't know why I even care at this point, it will all be murcifully over soon...
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections