Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 10-08-2008, 10:36 PM

29,939 posts, read 39,527,660 times

Advertisements

ReviewJournal.com

Since I have been blamed and called "far right" "loony" "racist" "anit Obama"...etc....let's make this part abundantly clear!

"Neither the Democratic Party nor the Obama campaign worked with ACORN on the voter drive."

Will you speak out against these atrocious acts?

And then:

"The Republican National Committee on Wednesday pointed to reports of suspect ACORN work in states including Missouri, Connecticut, Ohio, Pennsylvania, Wisconsin and Indiana, and questioned its motives and agenda."

They continue to act like these are limited cases but over and over and over they keep making headline. Let us help perserve one of our few rights to vote out politicians into office and speak out strongly against these types of behaviors. Talking about disenfranchising and then condoning these actions is hypocritical at best and undermines our entire political system.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 10-08-2008, 10:42 PM

2,311 posts, read 2,834,244 times
Until all the facts come out what is atrocious? If it was systematic voter fraud dictated from the top down then they should be prosecuted. I haven't read any evidence of such in any of these reports.

Old 10-08-2008, 10:44 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by DrJoey View Post
Until all the facts come out what is atrocious? If it was systematic voter fraud dictated from the top down then they should be prosecuted. I haven't read any evidence of such in any of these reports.

It happens over and over and over.... At what point does the management lose it's credit? You can only speak out against it so many times until you just show you really could care less as long as you're agenda is achieved.

Old 10-08-2008, 10:46 PM

1,648 posts, read 2,564,109 times
I don't think he reads what he links
Quote:
Neither the Democratic Party nor the Obama campaign worked with ACORN on the voter drive.

But with the election less than a month away and Nevada one of a half-dozen top swing states, partisans rushed in to make hay of the controversy, with its dark undertones of dirty political tricks. The Republican National Committee on Wednesday pointed to reports of suspect ACORN work in states including Missouri, Connecticut, Ohio, Pennsylvania, Wisconsin and Indiana, and questioned its motives and agenda.

“This group is engaged in a systematic effort to undermine our electoral system,” the RNC’s Danny Diaz said in a telephone news conference.

Authorities, however, emphasized that they do not believe the election will be tainted because faked registrations wouldn’t make it past the checks they’re subject to. Phony addresses and duplicates never make it onto the voter rolls; registrations without valid driver’s license or Social Security numbers require identification be shown at the polls.

“The investigation into potential registration fraud should not diminish Nevada voters’ confidence that only eligible voters will be able to cast ballots on November 4th,” Miller, a Democrat, said. “The investigation and information obtained in furtherance of executing the search warrant proves that our system works.”

Old 10-08-2008, 10:50 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by person View Post
I don't think he reads what he links
You would do the same thing and try and minimize the problem because you know they are for you're candidate.

One persons vote being disenfranchised is wrong. Do you disagree with that? I read what I post. I made it very very clear in my OP. I did edit so I made it SO CLEAR! Do you speak out against these atrocities or do you feel since they are helping you're side it's a okay?

And since you apparently can't read:

Quote:
Originally Posted by BigJon3475 View Post
ReviewJournal.com

Since I have been blamed and called "far right" "loony" "racist" "anit Obama"...etc....let's make this part abundantly clear!

"Neither the Democratic Party nor the Obama campaign worked with ACORN on the voter drive."

Will you speak out against these atrocious acts?

And then:

"The Republican National Committee on Wednesday pointed to reports of suspect ACORN work in states including Missouri, Connecticut, Ohio, Pennsylvania, Wisconsin and Indiana, and questioned its motives and agenda."

They continue to act like these are limited cases but over and over and over they keep making headline. Let us help perserve one of our few rights to vote out politicians into office and speak out strongly against these types of behaviors. Talking about disenfranchising and then condoning these actions is hypocritical at best and undermines our entire political system.

Old 10-08-2008, 10:51 PM

1,958 posts, read 2,499,787 times
Should the true American lose to the terrorist sympathizer on election night look for this one to go to the court system. Hopefully ALL that ACORN bought gets disallowed and the trash that committed the fraud is dealt with in a harsh way.

Old 10-08-2008, 10:56 PM

Quote:
You would do the same thing and try and minimize the problem because you know they are for you're candidate.

One persons vote being disenfranchised is wrong. Do you disagree with that? I read what I post. I made it very very clear in my OP. I did edit so I made it SO CLEAR! Do you speak out against these atrocities or do you feel since they are helping you're side it's a okay?

And since you apparently can't read:
Apparently, you can't read either

Quote:
Authorities, however, emphasized that they do not believe the election will be tainted because faked registrations wouldn’t make it past the checks they’re subject to. Phony addresses and duplicates never make it onto the voter rolls; registrations without valid driver’s license or Social Security numbers require identification be shown at the polls.
Quote:
The Obama campaign has declined to address the links beyond noting that the campaign and ACORN do not work together in any way. In a prepared statement, campaign spokeswoman Kirsten Searer said, “The Obama campaign is committed to protecting the integrity of the voting process. We support the secretary of state’s investigation and full prosecution of any illegal activities.”

The Nevada Democratic Party also condemned “any efforts to improperly register voters.”

Old 10-08-2008, 11:08 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by person View Post
Apparently, you can't read either
You're stupidity still seems to think this is against Obama. Apparently you associate the non-partisan group with Obama like so many others.

Old 10-08-2008, 11:12 PM

Quote:
You're stupidity still seems to think this is against Obama. Apparently you associate the non-partisan group with Obama like so many others.
I think you are talking about your fellow McBush-ites here. My posts are more for them, since you get offended so easily.

Old 10-08-2008, 11:13 PM

2,311 posts, read 2,834,244 times
Quote:
It happens over and over and over.... At what point does the management lose it's credit? You can only speak out against it so many times until you just show you really could care less as long as you're agenda is achieved.
Can you re-phrase that? I'm sorry I really am honestly just having a hard time trying to figure out what you meant.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections