Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 09-07-2008, 09:07 AM

8,231 posts, read 17,319,202 times

Advertisements

How does he feel about McCain's vote to block the Employee Free Choice Act, making it easier for workers to unionize? I've heard many a nasty comment from McCain (and the rest of the GOP) about unions. That old hypocrisy thing again....
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 09-07-2008, 09:09 AM

9,059 posts, read 12,971,196 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by mimimomx3 View Post
How does he feel about McCain's vote to block the Employee Free Choice Act, making it easier for workers to unionize? I've heard many a nasty comment from McCain (and the rest of the GOP) about unions. That old hypocrisy thing again....
Don't you know that it's ok to support things you speak out against? It's McCain vs. McCain after all. I'm just curious which one will be running in November?

McCain supports the nationalization of Fannie/Freddie, but speaks out against it at speeches.

Old 09-07-2008, 09:10 AM

26,211 posts, read 19,521,305 times
Its incredible the number of Union members who vote against their own economic interests, it does not surprise me he is a union member. I've also read his job allows him to take months at a time as an oil field worker and affords him a very good wage.

The irony is that Republicans are so anti-union it is sickening

Old 10-11-2008, 04:48 PM

9,891 posts, read 10,823,821 times
Quote:
Wheres the hypocrisy?

Old 10-11-2008, 05:03 PM

16,259 posts, read 24,763,471 times
Quote:

The "First Dude" sure as hell doesn't say much does he?? I have never heard him utter a word!

Old 10-11-2008, 05:05 PM

18,949 posts, read 43,612,080 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by KevK View Post
The "First Dude" sure as hell doesn't say much does he?? I have never heard him utter a word!
He done a whole interview with Greta Van Susteran.

Old 10-11-2008, 05:09 PM

16,259 posts, read 24,763,471 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by odanny View Post
Its incredible the number of Union members who vote against their own economic interests, it does not surprise me he is a union member. I've also read his job allows him to take months at a time as an oil field worker and affords him a very good wage.

The irony is that Republicans are so anti-union it is sickening
The Republicans are very anti union. They think we are scum for daring to want decent pay and some basic gawd damn respect and rights at work. But it is them who are scum. Them and their rich friends on Wall Street and them and their racist friends on Trailer Row. Neither of which I give a flip about when it comes to my rights on the job.
The ironic thing is that, when the real test of manhood came on September 11th, 1991, it was the UNION men who ran to the World Trade Centre to save the lives of the rich Republicans who were leaping from the burning towers. Over 400 of them willingly laid down their lives that day!

Old 10-11-2008, 05:11 PM

1,020 posts, read 1,377,544 times
Unions are key to maintaining & building the middle class. Thank God for mine!

Old 10-11-2008, 05:12 PM

8,943 posts, read 11,784,322 times
Quote:
So the guy works for a company with a union. Surely there are republicans who work for unionized companies. What does this have anything to do with McCain, or Sarah Palin for that matter?

Old 10-11-2008, 05:19 PM

8,231 posts, read 17,319,202 times
John McCain Revealed: Workers Rights (http://www.aflcio.org/issues/politics/mccain_wrights.cfm - broken link)

McCain Voted Against the Employee Free Choice Act but for a National ‘Right to Work’ for Less Law. McCain voted against the Employee Free Choice Act, which would level the playing field for workers trying to form unions. He voted for a national “right to work” for less law that would attempt to eliminate unions altogether. (H.R. 800, Vote 227, 6/26/07; S. 1788 Vote 188, 7/10/96)
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections