Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 10-09-2008, 06:11 PM

29,939 posts, read 39,458,172 times

Advertisements

What exactly is total expected years of study?

I was 3 when this SAT was taken.

It says she had 17 years of total expected years of study but was only 18 years old.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 10-09-2008, 06:12 PM

1,648 posts, read 2,560,088 times

6 years, 6 colleges 1 degree, Palin, yeah USA USA USA

Old 10-09-2008, 06:14 PM

3,813 posts, read 4,914,505 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Canine*Castle View Post
SAT scores ....... meaningless
Well of course it's not. And she went to 5 different colleges before she got a Bachelors degree but I'll bet that's because she wanted to see the world.

Old 10-09-2008, 06:17 PM

2,441 posts, read 7,008,155 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by teatime View Post
How do I know???? Obama ADMITTED he had poor grades at OCCIDENTAL COLLEGE. Now, what could possibly propel one from being a poor student at Occidental to COLUMBIA? Would a white student who had poor grades be able to make that leap?
First of all, he went to Harvad Law. Secondly, grades are not the only factor the schools look for in determining your acceptance. Neither is race. Community activism (or having no responsiblities as Palin said), LSAT scores, family history, and recommendations can actually play the deciding role.

Believe me, there are plenty of white people with less that par grades who make it into great school because of other factors. The Naval Academy is no run-of-the-mill school. Obviously McCain had low grades, how do you think he made it into the Naval Academy? Are we going to claim Affirmative Action, too? No. Why?

It's hilarious to think if a minority succeeds then it MUST be because of Affirmative Action. But when you have a dunderhead like McCain get into the Naval Academy, it MUST have been because he was qualified, when his grades prove otherwise.

Quote:
And do you know that Hillary didn't get into Harvard Law? Uh, hello, she got into Yale Law. Perhaps that's what she WANTED?! Or maybe there weren't any spots left at Harvard Law for white people. Yes, indeed, Obama is the AFFIRMATIVE ACTION candidate.
So how does this prove your point that Hillary was a more qualified candidate? I guess you are so deadset on believing that Obama is an Affirmative Action recipient, that you could NEVER believe that he might have actually been accepted off of his qualifications. Unbelieveable.

Quote:
I'm not "worried" about what the Dems did -- they made their choice. But I was a Hillary supporter and I still can't believe they passed her over for "that one."
Passed her over? This is America. We vote. If she was worried that she wasn't going to be the nominee, then she shouldn't have agreed to the rules that the DNC set forth in the early stages of her campaign. I cannot believe that there are still people who are still sore losers about that. Be mad at Hillary, no one else. It was her own previously inflated ego that made her believe that she would win regardless. She didn't. Get over it.

By the way, why would you vote for McCain if you supported Hillary? You know Hillary and Barack have A LOT more in common on issues than Hillary and McCain. Therefore, why would you vote for a candidate who has viewpoints that are almost the polar opposite of Hillary's? Why not just stay at home on Election Day and remain bitter? Or are you one of those who thinks you're going to teach the Democratic party a lesson?

29,939 posts, read 39,458,172 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by person View Post

6 years, 6 colleges 1 degree, Palin, yeah USA USA USA
Yes we can see where you're IQ and SAT scores stood thanks.

5,152 posts, read 8,526,495 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Siouxcia View Post
Well of course it's not. And she went to 5 different colleges before she got a Bachelors degree but I'll bet that's because she wanted to see the world.
I hope that's sarcastic.
Hawaii, Alaska and Idaho?
Lot of distance there, but hardly qualifies as seeing the world.

Old 10-09-2008, 06:20 PM

35,016 posts, read 39,148,897 times
Well, she wasn't going to school to learn.

Old 10-09-2008, 06:24 PM

5,041 posts, read 6,215,924 times
Quote:
Breaking news???? Something that occurred over 25 years ago???? Why are you people so fixated on everything Palin, even when it's really old and irrelevant????
We'll remember this the next time you rant about birth certificates and crimes committed when Obama was 8.

Old 10-09-2008, 06:27 PM

1,535 posts, read 2,062,387 times
Shocking?

Over 1000, then I would have been shocked.

Old 10-09-2008, 06:32 PM

13,721 posts, read 19,254,280 times
Quote:
Breaking news???? Something that occurred over 25 years ago???? Why are you people so fixated on everything Palin, even when it's really old and irrelevant????
Because she scares the crap out of them. If she didn't, they wouldn't CARE about her. The talk about how Obama has it cinched but they don't really believe that or they wouldn't be so fixated on Palin.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections