Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 10-10-2008, 07:20 PM

1,085 posts, read 2,235,586 times

Advertisements

That's ridiculous. I wonder why Acorn did this when Obama is so far ahead in the polls anyway? And good grief, who would sit and write up thousands of registration forms in the same handwriting using the same pen? They were asking to get caught.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 10-10-2008, 07:44 PM

1,177 posts, read 2,242,387 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by delusianne View Post
Well, that's faulty logic. Obama himself is more than probably not involved - his campaign is a gigantic operation, ACORN was a subcontractor for registering voters, and not the only one. ACORN "registered" voters only in urban centers.
Obama's campaign gave money to and has ties with an organization that is committing fraud that can translate into myriad of criminal charges.

Further, the campaign gave money to the organization to conduct the activity in question. It's not like he gave them money to for another purpose. He gave them money to register voters.

Regardless of his direct involvement, this adds to the mountain of questionable associations and poor judgment.

This election is making me physically ill.

Go Bob Barr!

Old 10-10-2008, 07:55 PM

31,304 posts, read 32,913,740 times
My understanding is that there are Dems, Reps, and Ind. registered among the questionable documents. And that these documents are the ones turned into the elections office by “Acorn” as being fraud as required by law.

Old 10-10-2008, 08:02 PM

224 posts, read 378,634 times
The following are all coincidences or unrelated to Barack Obama:

Obama Campaign pays ACORN $800,000 in exchange for their Get Out The Vote.

Obama spoke for and expressed unity with ACORN's methods and beliefs

Obama taught ACORN workers

Obama represented ACORN in legal action against citibank

According to reports, Obama worked with ACORN (the Association of Community Organizations for Reform Now) while he was a community organizer.

But no... he couldn't possibly understand how that organization functions... even though he was a part of it.

It's not as if there were any clues or dysfunction evident.. even at the HIGHEST RANKS of the organization....

Well, except for this little thingy:

"As if there wasn't enough ammunition already to discredit ACORN.

The New York Times reports that Dale Rathke - whose brother started the group back in 1970 as a vehicle to help low-income people "take back what's rightfully theirs" - embezzled nearly $1 million from ACORN back in 1999 and 2000.
How did ACORN handle the crime? By disguising it on the books as a loan from one of its contractors and letting Rathke's family make restitution at the rate of $30,000 a year. (An anonymous donor reportedly has agreed to pick up the remaining $800,000 tab.)"

ANOTHER ACORN SCANDAL - New York Post

http://www.nytimes.com/2008/07/09/us/09embezzle.html

John Atlas: ACORN Under The Microscope

Last edited by 1878; 10-10-2008 at 08:23 PM.. Reason: Added sources for those in denail

Old 10-10-2008, 08:03 PM

8,064 posts, read 18,027,868 times
Quote:
Well, that's faulty logic. Obama himself is more than probably not involved - his campaign is a gigantic operation, ACORN was a subcontractor for registering voters, and not the only one. ACORN "registered" voters only in urban centers.

That said, only the key words are going to be remembered of course, and that makes this look pretty darn bad....

What were the results of the poll at the end?
Uh, deludedanne, you do understand that Obama was the LEGAL COUNSEL for ACORN, right? He knows EXACTLY what they do and how they operate. This isn't a new thing with ACORN -- they have had their workers indicted for fraud over the years.

And if Obama wasn't worried about hiring ACORN, then why do the payouts go to an ACORN alias, CSI?

Old 10-10-2008, 08:08 PM

50 posts, read 113,073 times
Ah, New York Post. About as objective as HuffPo for the lefties. No thanks.

Old 10-10-2008, 08:22 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by PetulantSoup View Post
Ah, New York Post. About as objective as HuffPo for the lefties. No thanks.
You should read the article first.. It quoted the NEW YORK TIMES

http://www.nytimes.com/2008/07/09/us/09embezzle.html

And since you'll probably cop out of reality with that, here's a link from your favorite extremist rag for the "lefties"

John Atlas: ACORN Under The Microscope

Old 10-11-2008, 06:16 AM

Watch this video people

Old 10-11-2008, 06:30 AM

2,159 posts, read 2,586,753 times
Quote:

That said, only the key words are going to be remembered of course, and that makes this look pretty darn bad....

What were the results of the poll at the end?
I agree with you 100% - Obama's campaign hired ACORN to register voters, and ACORN committed election fraud.

The anti-Obama folks look for any kind of mud so they can assign guilt-by-association to Obama - it's all they have left - they can't discuss McCain's stand on the issues - because people are abandoning McCain for just that reason.

ACORN should be investigated and those who committed this act should be sent to jail.

The guilt-by-association game can be played by both sides from now until the end of eternity.

I am absolutely voting for Obama - I like his stand on the issues - and I like the way he stands up for the working class.

Old 10-11-2008, 06:39 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by mrbob View Post
I agree with you 100% - Obama's campaign hired ACORN to register voters, and ACORN committed election fraud.

The anti-Obama folks look for any kind of mud so they can assign guilt-by-association to Obama - it's all they have left - they can't discuss McCain's stand on the issues - because people are abandoning McCain for just that reason.

ACORN should be investigated and those who committed this act should be sent to jail.

The guilt-by-association game can be played by both sides from now until the end of eternity.

I am absolutely voting for Obama - I like his stand on the issues - and I like the way he stands up for the working class.

Everyone knows what ACORN is about, especially Obama who worked with and for them!

I can't believe you people are making excuses for Voter Fraud!

Obama is the first candidate to hire acorn EVER!
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections