Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Celebrating Memorial Day!
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 10-11-2008, 09:42 AM

224 posts, read 378,144 times

Advertisements

Pay no attention to the devotees attempts to spin this.. This is 100% undeniable fraud.

When even CNN is reporting on this situation you know it's a BIG deal.

This will not go away, We will not let this rest.

Stand Up and Express you outrage over the Fraud.

Regardless of your political beliefs or party affiliation Fraud is bad for everyone.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 10-11-2008, 09:44 AM

2,036 posts, read 4,396,282 times
There is a lot of Democrat voter fraud by ACORN in Durham. It has been in our news. It's unreal that the left has to resort to voter fraud to win the election.

Old 10-11-2008, 09:47 AM

YouTube - Lou Dobbs - ACORN Fraud & Obama Ties

Old 10-11-2008, 09:49 AM

450 posts, read 502,787 times
I'm going to be honest, on this issue I do not see how this is Obama's fault....
Seriously let's assume certain Acorn employees committed Fraud, or you saying they were on Obama's payroll?

More so how could these FALSE REGISTRATIONS AFFECT the Election even if it is True?

Could people actually VOTE using them ( I do not think so b/c you need an ID this year).

So if people cannot VOTE with these, whats the big deal?

I honestly want to know?

Old 10-11-2008, 09:50 AM

1,137 posts, read 2,280,368 times
from what I can tell, ACORN flagged a bunch of registrations and they turned out to be incorrect. big deal, it's not voter fraud, it's registration fraud by the people who turned in incorrect forms. ACORN doesn't get to pick and choose which forms it hands in.

Old 10-11-2008, 09:51 AM

1,319 posts, read 1,617,040 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by 1878 View Post
Pay no attention to the devotees attempts to spin this.. This is 100% undeniable fraud.

When even CNN is reporting on this situation you know it's a BIG deal.

This will not go away, We will not let this rest.

Stand Up and Express you outrage over the Fraud.

Regardless of your political beliefs or party affiliation Fraud is bad for everyone.
Don't you get tired crying 'Wolf!'?? I have to give you this much - you don't give up...

Yes, some members of Acorn did commit election fraud, they will be investigated, and the guilty convicted and sent to jail... Just like members of the Ohio Republican Election Board were convicted of election fraud in 2004 and sent to jail!

Your lame attempts of 'guilt by association' insult the intelligence of the average American....

Since McCain and Palin throw mud like you, and are consistently sinking in the polls, it shows how desperate they (and you) are. It also shows that their and your character assassignation rants have backfired this election year - people are mad as hell - and this election will be as much a repudiation of the Bush years as a mandate for Obama..

Care to talk about the "ABUSE OF POWER" conviction of Gov. Palin by the Alaska panel investigating TrooperGate??? That's 100% undeniable abuse of power....

Sounds like she'd fit right in with Bush/Cheney

Get used to President Obama...

You'll be saying that for the next 8 years!!

HubbleRules

Old 10-11-2008, 09:53 AM

450 posts, read 502,787 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by 2Adam29 View Post
from what I can tell, ACORN flagged a bunch of registrations and they turned out to be incorrect. big deal, it's not voter fraud, it's registration fraud by the people who turned in incorrect forms. ACORN doesn't get to pick and choose which forms it hands in.
Thats what I'm saying Adam, lets say they did a false registration under "Michael Jordan" right?
I cannot go out to the polls and vote using that registration....so whats the big fuss and how does this all land in Obama's lap?

seems like you all want to find anything to tie Obama too, even if it far from the case....

Old 10-11-2008, 09:55 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by y2flyy View Post
I'm going to be honest, on this issue I do not see how this is Obama's fault....
Seriously let's assume certain Acorn employees committed Fraud, or you saying they were on Obama's payroll?

More so how could these FALSE REGISTRATIONS AFFECT the Election even if it is True?

Could people actually VOTE using them ( I do not think so b/c you need an ID this year).

So if people cannot VOTE with these, whats the big deal?

I honestly want to know?

At the VERY LEAST these developments coupled with a few FACTS we know portrays a horrible error in judgment and shady association on the part of Barack Obama with ACORN:

Obama Campaign pays ACORN $800,000 in exchange for their Get Out The Vote... So YES, they were on his payroll.

Obama spoke for and expressed unity with ACORN's methods and beliefs

Obama taught ACORN workers

Obama represented ACORN in legal action against citibank (subprime mortgage crisis anyone)

According to reports, Obama worked with ACORN (the Association of Community Organizations for Reform Now) while he was a community organizer.

But no... he couldn't possibly understand how that organization functions... even though he was a part of it.

It's not as if there were any clues or dysfunction evident.. even at the HIGHEST RANKS of the organization....

Well, except for this little thingy:

"As if there wasn't enough ammunition already to discredit ACORN.

The New York Times reports that Dale Rathke - whose brother started the group back in 1970 as a vehicle to help low-income people "take back what's rightfully theirs" - embezzled nearly $1 million from ACORN back in 1999 and 2000.
How did ACORN handle the crime? By disguising it on the books as a loan from one of its contractors and letting Rathke's family make restitution at the rate of $30,000 a year. (An anonymous donor reportedly has agreed to pick up the remaining $800,000 tab.)"

http://www.nytimes.com/2008/07/09/us/09embezzle.html

John Atlas: ACORN Under The Microscope - HUFFINGTON POST

Please understand this:

Obama worked with and for ACORN. He understood VERY WELL their methods and principles.

He is THE FIRST candidate EVER to hire ACORN. So yes, they were on the payroll..

He belittled and denied the extend of his association to ACORN.. WATCH THE VIDEO I POSTED FROM CNN

And finally, All voters are NOT required to show photo ID when voting... ACORN and other community groups have argued against it claiming it's a poll tax on the poor, minorities and elderly and that they can't afford to get a drivers license or passport.

Old 10-11-2008, 09:56 AM

5,041 posts, read 6,215,924 times
I'm outraged! I'm calling 9-11! This is un-American! Somebody get Malkin on the case!

Old 10-11-2008, 09:58 AM

1,599 posts, read 2,947,771 times
Look at the polls. Obama does not need to stoop to anything to win. He is winning in case that fact hasn't sunk in yet.

Secondly, Obama cannot be tied to voter fraud in any way. Acorn is on the hook, not Obama. You can try to connect Obama to Acorn every which way to Sunday. But he did not advocate any fraudulent activities.

There is voter suppression going on in Indiana and Ohio as well that has been in the news, which would benefit McCain. Did McCain personally advocate these activities?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections