U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Search Forums  (Advanced)
Reply Start New Thread
 
Old 10-14-2008, 08:40 AM
 
Location: North Central Florida
6,219 posts, read 7,144,107 times
Reputation: 3931

Advertisements

Why do we need to worry about what the rest of the world thinks about who we elect? They dont live here. I couldnt care less who they elect(if they are fortunate enuf to have the opportunity). And I resent the fact that anybody other than a fellow citizen should stick their nose into the business of my country.
And if the country doing the admiring of a particular candidate happens to be a despotic, communist, that should be cause for alarm about said candidate. At least in the world of "common sense" where I live. If Fidel is so great, go live in Cuba, you might even convince me to pay you costs to get there..... One way of course....
Rate this post positively Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

 
Old 10-14-2008, 08:56 AM
 
Location: Charlotte
12,642 posts, read 14,785,148 times
Reputation: 1679
Quote:
Originally Posted by BobKovacs View Post
Sounds like Fidel can read people pretty well- he didn't "endorse" Obama, as Sanrene would like you to believe- he simply pointed out the obvious. Of course, since that point doesn't agree with Sanrene's assessment, she has to spin it into "the commies are endorsing Obama! The commies are endorsing Obama!!"
WOW!! This Senator Obama is the real deal...folks are falling all over themselves to get their statements out there and try to curry US attention....You Know you're Presidential when....
Rate this post positively Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 10-14-2008, 10:37 AM
 
21,036 posts, read 20,992,986 times
Reputation: 5939
Quote:
Originally Posted by yachtcare View Post
Why do we need to worry about what the rest of the world thinks about who we elect? They dont live here. I couldnt care less who they elect(if they are fortunate enuf to have the opportunity). And I resent the fact that anybody other than a fellow citizen should stick their nose into the business of my country.
And if the country doing the admiring of a particular candidate happens to be a despotic, communist, that should be cause for alarm about said candidate. At least in the world of "common sense" where I live. If Fidel is so great, go live in Cuba, you might even convince me to pay you costs to get there..... One way of course....
Where to start ??

We need to consider what the world thinks of our president because we are part of this world. Countries are all interconnected in some way...no country can go it alone anymore.

You post:

""And I resent the fact that anybody other than a fellow citizen should stick their nose into the business of my country.""


Well, maybe you should ask the opinions of countries like IRAQ and many others who have had the U.S. stick their nose in THEIR business?????


NOBODY said Fidel Castro was "so great"....posters commented on what he said.


And the stupid bumper sticker Archie Bunker attitude that you cannot comment on America where we have FREEDOM of SPEECH or leave is too backwards for words.....NO, I DON"T have to love America blindly and unconditionally or leave....but YOUR attitude sounds more like ...a ..communist.
Rate this post positively Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 10-14-2008, 10:59 AM
 
34,990 posts, read 37,103,789 times
Reputation: 6174
Quote:
Originally Posted by yachtcare View Post
Why do we need to worry about what the rest of the world thinks about who we elect? They dont live here. I couldnt care less who they elect(if they are fortunate enuf to have the opportunity). And I resent the fact that anybody other than a fellow citizen should stick their nose into the business of my country.
And if the country doing the admiring of a particular candidate happens to be a despotic, communist, that should be cause for alarm about said candidate. At least in the world of "common sense" where I live. If Fidel is so great, go live in Cuba, you might even convince me to pay you costs to get there..... One way of course....
If it werent for our own selfish abuse of Cuba there likely would be no Fidel today. And while you may not know or care that we just this weekend got bailed out by a batch of European countries - that is, many, many, many people "other than a fellow citizen" were invited to "stick their nose into the business of your country" - most responsible people who run and have run this country do realize the importance of intelligent foreign relations.

Apparently you prefer to let the government do the thinking for you so that you can remain oblivious. Sound like a good Fidel-ian citizen to me
Rate this post positively Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 10-14-2008, 11:01 AM
 
13,056 posts, read 12,306,858 times
Reputation: 2612
Quote:
Originally Posted by sanrene View Post
Breaking News - Fidel Castro: Obama is more intelligent than McCain (http://news.bn.gs/article.php?story=20081013003947101 - broken link)

Is the democrat party in cahoots with Fidel? This comes straight from the Left/democrat talking points. Truly incredible - our enemies use the rhetoric of the democrats to make their arguments.

He also says we are nothing but racists and will not vote for Obama.
While I don't read it as a direct endorsement, it does concern me why they are so positive about him. When criminals start defending you, the warning bells start sounding.
Rate this post positively Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 10-14-2008, 11:07 AM
 
21,036 posts, read 20,992,986 times
Reputation: 5939
Quote:
Originally Posted by Nomander View Post
While I don't read it as a direct endorsement, it does concern me why they are so positive about him. When criminals start defending you, the warning bells start sounding.
He did not "defend" Obama...he stated an opinion...an opinion shared and expressed by many people.

World leaders WILL have OPINIONS on Obama and any other presidential candidate.
Rate this post positively Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 10-14-2008, 11:09 AM
 
7,139 posts, read 13,935,281 times
Reputation: 2384
Quote:
Originally Posted by Nomander View Post
While I don't read it as a direct endorsement, it does concern me why they are so positive about him. When criminals start defending you, the warning bells start sounding.

They now truly have one of their "own" to endorse. And how wonderful to finally have good relations with the Socialist States of America!
Rate this post positively Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 10-14-2008, 11:09 AM
 
Location: North Central Florida
6,219 posts, read 7,144,107 times
Reputation: 3931
Quote:
Originally Posted by Who?Me?! View Post
Where to start ??

We need to consider what the world thinks of our president because we are part of this world. Countries are all interconnected in some way...no country can go it alone anymore.

You post:

""And I resent the fact that anybody other than a fellow citizen should stick their nose into the business of my country.""


Well, maybe you should ask the opinions of countries like IRAQ and many others who have had the U.S. stick their nose in THEIR business?????


NOBODY said Fidel Castro was "so great"....posters commented on what he said.


And the stupid bumper sticker Archie Bunker attitude that you cannot comment on America where we have FREEDOM of SPEECH or leave is too backwards for words.....NO, I DON"T have to love America blindly and unconditionally or leave....but YOUR attitude sounds more like ...a ..communist.
I'll respond paragraph, for paragraph here.....
What the world thinks of my president, has nothing to do with who I should vote for. They will think what they think. Most, I'm certain have a polarized opinion about the USA, just as most posters on this board have, either ridgidly (D) or (R) and cannot see past that point of view, if their lives depended upon it. This is why I can easily discount the opinion of someone that does not live here, and dont care what they say.

Maybe we should ask the Iraqi's if they would rather have Saddam back? But never mind that. What about the incidents of them firing at US and other coalition aircraft patroling the "no fly" zones, and the other breeches of the conditions of cease fire. Acts of war, in the books of most civilized nations, no?

Perhaps a stretch on my part, but...
meson posted...."fidel has a brain"
BobKovacs posted.... "Sounds like Fidel can read people pretty good"
ifiore posted.... "I like fidel"

What "stupid bumper sticker attitude"? I didnt say that a citizen should not espouse their opinion, I didnt even say that any one, any where in the world shouldnt say anything, I said, that those that are not citizens, should have an opinion, that has NO BEARING on the outcome of any election. Just as my opinion has no bearing on anything that occurs in their country. That is actually the view that our constitution takes, non citizens dont get to vote, (although it seems that certain organizations like ACORN has something to say about that). So? How does that make me a communist? It sounds more like you are trying to beat down my freedom of speech with your attack......
Rate this post positively Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 10-14-2008, 11:22 AM
 
21,036 posts, read 20,992,986 times
Reputation: 5939
Quote:
Originally Posted by yachtcare View Post
I'll respond paragraph, for paragraph here.....
What the world thinks of my president, has nothing to do with who I should vote for. They will think what they think. Most, I'm certain have a polarized opinion about the USA, just as most posters on this board have, either ridgidly (D) or (R) and cannot see past that point of view, if their lives depended upon it. This is why I can easily discount the opinion of someone that does not live here, and dont care what they say.

Maybe we should ask the Iraqi's if they would rather have Saddam back? But never mind that. What about the incidents of them firing at US and other coalition aircraft patroling the "no fly" zones, and the other breeches of the conditions of cease fire. Acts of war, in the books of most civilized nations, no?

Perhaps a stretch on my part, but...
meson posted...."fidel has a brain"
BobKovacs posted.... "Sounds like Fidel can read people pretty good"
ifiore posted.... "I like fidel"

What "stupid bumper sticker attitude"? I didnt say that a citizen should not espouse their opinion, I didnt even say that any one, any where in the world shouldnt say anything, I said, that those that are not citizens, should have an opinion, that has NO BEARING on the outcome of any election. Just as my opinion has no bearing on anything that occurs in their country. That is actually the view that our constitution takes, non citizens dont get to vote, (although it seems that certain organizations like ACORN has something to say about that). So? How does that make me a communist? It sounds more like you are trying to beat down my freedom of speech with your attack......
I think you need to go back and read my post more slowly, you didn't get it.


And your """If Fidel is so great, go live in Cuba, ""

is the Archie Bunker bumper sticker "America-Love it or Leave it" that I was referring to.

Don't know who Archie Bunker is? Google.
Rate this post positively Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 10-14-2008, 11:35 AM
 
Location: New Hampsha
1,558 posts, read 2,474,502 times
Reputation: 557
the kkk endorses mccain, therefore mccain is a racist, along with all his supporters
Rate this post positively Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.


Reply
Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Message:

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections
Similar Threads

All times are GMT -6. The time now is 05:29 AM.

© 2005-2022, Advameg, Inc. · Please obey Forum Rules · Terms of Use and Privacy Policy · Bug Bounty

City-Data.com - Contact Us - Archive 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10, 11, 12, 13, 14, 15, 16, 17, 18, 19, 20, 21, 22, 23, 24, 25, 26, 27, 28, 29, 30, 31, 32, 33, 34, 35, 36, 37 - Top