U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Search Forums  (Advanced)
 
 
Old 10-13-2008, 09:23 AM
 
Location: Chicagoland
41,313 posts, read 42,325,915 times
Reputation: 7113

Advertisements

Breaking News - Fidel Castro: Obama is more intelligent than McCain

Is the democrat party in cahoots with Fidel? This comes straight from the Left/democrat talking points. Truly incredible - our enemies use the rhetoric of the democrats to make their arguments.

He also says we are nothing but racists and will not vote for Obama.

Quote:
He said the Democratic Party could be getting into "the habit of looking at its opponent calmly and laughing at the predicament of a dialectical opponent that looks to nothingness," referring to Republican John McCain in typical poetic Castro style. He described McCain as "one of the worst students in his course at [the military academy in] West Point," and "knew nothing of Mathematics, as he said himself, and presumably even less would he understand complicated economics."

Using his skillful handling of sarcasm, Castro said that "what McCain has in abundance is years (72), and his health is not at all sure."

Castro warned that "without doubt, he [Obama] is more than his opponent in intelligence and serenity."

Sparing nothing the leader of the Cuban Revolution said, "If something were to happen to the health of the Republican candidate, if elected, [he will be replaced by] the rifle lady, an inexperienced former governor of Alaska, Sarah Palin, president of the United States."
Rate this post positively Quick reply to this message

 
Old 10-13-2008, 09:24 AM
 
13,724 posts, read 17,417,469 times
Reputation: 16864
That's scary, but I'm not surprised.
Rate this post positively Quick reply to this message
 
Old 10-13-2008, 10:54 AM
 
1,535 posts, read 1,942,184 times
Reputation: 455
Where was the endorsement, I missed that part.
Rate this post positively Quick reply to this message
 
Old 10-13-2008, 10:56 AM
 
254 posts, read 306,501 times
Reputation: 47
Quote:
Originally Posted by luzianne View Post
That's scary, but I'm not surprised.
he says that Obama is more intelligent than McCain, so it shouldn't be too scary
Rate this post positively Quick reply to this message
 
Old 10-13-2008, 10:59 AM
 
Location: On Top
12,387 posts, read 12,447,343 times
Reputation: 4027
Castro has a brain, who knew! Most definitely Obama is more intelligent that McCain.
Rate this post positively Quick reply to this message
 
Old 10-13-2008, 11:01 AM
 
9,124 posts, read 34,443,861 times
Reputation: 3605
Sounds like Fidel can read people pretty well- he didn't "endorse" Obama, as Sanrene would like you to believe- he simply pointed out the obvious. Of course, since that point doesn't agree with Sanrene's assessment, she has to spin it into "the commies are endorsing Obama! The commies are endorsing Obama!!"
Rate this post positively Quick reply to this message
 
Old 10-13-2008, 11:02 AM
 
Location: Beautiful Upstate NY!
13,818 posts, read 26,729,464 times
Reputation: 7615
Oh my...is that guy still alive????? (Fidel, I mean)
Rate this post positively Quick reply to this message
 
Old 10-13-2008, 11:04 AM
 
1,535 posts, read 1,942,184 times
Reputation: 455
Anybody find the Castro endorsement part yet?
Rate this post positively Quick reply to this message
 
Old 10-13-2008, 11:08 AM
 
34,990 posts, read 36,894,308 times
Reputation: 6173
Quote:
He said the Democratic Party could be getting into "the habit of looking at its opponent calmly and laughing at the predicament of a dialectical opponent that looks to nothingness," referring to Republican John McCain in typical poetic Castro style.
Not the Democratic Party, Fidel, but sounds pretty.
Quote:
He described McCain as "one of the worst students in his course at [the military academy in] West Point,"
True, except for the name of the school.
Quote:
and "knew nothing of Mathematics, as he said himself, and presumably even less would he understand complicated economics."
It was "knew nothing of economics," but stands to reason.

Quote:
Using his skillful handling of sarcasm, Castro said that "what McCain has in abundance is years (72), and his health is not at all sure."
True.

Quote:
Castro warned that "without doubt, he [Obama] is more than his opponent in intelligence and serenity."
Evidently true though subjective.

Quote:
Sparing nothing the leader of the Cuban Revolution said, "If something were to happen to the health of the Republican candidate, if elected, [he will be replaced by] the rifle lady, an inexperienced former governor of Alaska, Sarah Palin, president of the United States."
True except for the "former" part.
Rate this post positively Quick reply to this message
 
Old 10-13-2008, 11:11 AM
 
Location: The Woods
17,910 posts, read 24,369,127 times
Reputation: 10684
One commie praises another.
Rate this post positively Quick reply to this message
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.


 
Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Message:
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections
Similar Threads

All times are GMT -6.

© 2005-2021, Advameg, Inc. · Please obey Forum Rules · Terms of Use and Privacy Policy · Bug Bounty

City-Data.com - Contact Us - Archive 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10, 11, 12, 13, 14, 15, 16, 17, 18, 19, 20, 21, 22, 23, 24, 25, 26, 27, 28, 29, 30, 31, 32, 33, 34, 35, 36, 37 - Top