U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Search Forums  (Advanced)
Closed Thread Start New Thread
 
Old 10-13-2008, 06:25 PM
 
Location: Chicagoland
41,321 posts, read 43,459,075 times
Reputation: 7117

Advertisements

Quote:
Does NO ONE read the constitution? Based on that hallowed documents definition, Obama is an American citizen because his Mother is an American citizen and able to hold office no different then someone who is born here. Its right there in black and white.
Not correct. To be POTUS, you must be Natural Born citizen. The matter is complicated because his father was Kenyan. Naturalized and Natural Born are two different things.
Rate this post positively

 
Old 10-13-2008, 06:26 PM
 
Location: Redford Township, MI
349 posts, read 859,237 times
Reputation: 535
Default Oh, please...

Anyone can sue anyone...it means nothing unless it has substance...

check this and then throw your smear elsewhere OP

PolitiFact | Obama's birth certificate: Final chapter

As the last sentence says in the above link:


There is not one shred of evidence to disprove PolitiFact’s conclusion that the candidate’s name is Barack Hussein Obama, or to support allegations that the birth certificate he released isn’t authentic. And that’s true no matter how many people cling to some hint of doubt and use the Internet to fuel their innate sense of distrust.

Desperate tactics, Repubs...and it still won't win the election!!! HA!
Rate this post positively
 
Old 10-13-2008, 06:28 PM
 
3,087 posts, read 6,914,959 times
Reputation: 1621





Obama/Biden 08
Rate this post positively
 
Old 10-13-2008, 06:28 PM
 
1,881 posts, read 2,592,261 times
Reputation: 361
Quote:
Originally Posted by anifani821 View Post
Unless Obama's mother had become a naturalized citizen of some other country - Obama would be an American citizen regardless of where he was born. That is my understanding.

Like you, Lindsey, I am wondering why anyone is trying to make an issue out of this when we all know his mom was an American.

So what will you say if his mom had given up her citizenship?

And if you look into it, her age also plays a role here.

Berg would not go through with this I would think if it were not true.

Going to get interesting.

Some people still think the Congress and the Presidency have the same rules, they do not !!
Rate this post positively
 
Old 10-13-2008, 06:29 PM
 
31,612 posts, read 39,315,195 times
Reputation: 14231
Quote:
Originally Posted by 1878 View Post
I'll reserve judgment on this until some real proof is provided.

HOWEVER, it does highlight the fact that there is much information regarding Obama's past that he has refused to provide.
He has provided and this has long since been debunked but it lives in the shallow world of the fringe right.
Rate this post positively
 
Old 10-13-2008, 06:29 PM
 
Location: Upstate SC
946 posts, read 2,514,868 times
Reputation: 953
Quote:
Originally Posted by smd1998 View Post
No, Biden was not nominated to be President therefore the nomination would have to go back to zero and if he then is nominated yes but it would be highly unlikely he would.

Biden does not get to step up.

And if the national election were already held it would have to be re done as many people were voting based on the facts of that day.

I believe we would have to have a new DNC nomination process and a brand new national election.
Where do you come up with this stuff? You make it up as you go along, it appears.

The 20th Amendment to the US Constitution states:

If, at the time fixed for the beginning of the term of the President, the President elect shall have died, the Vice President elect shall become President. If a President shall not have been chosen before the time fixed for the beginning of his term, or if the President elect shall have failed to qualify, then the Vice President elect shall act as President until a President shall have qualified; and the Congress may by law provide for the case wherein neither a President elect nor a Vice President elect shall have qualified, declaring who shall then act as President, or the manner in which one who is to act shall be selected, and such person shall act accordingly until a President or Vice President shall have qualified.

Nothing in there about a special election, and the guaranteed Democratic congress would vote Biden in as president, if it even came to that.
Rate this post positively
 
Old 10-13-2008, 06:30 PM
 
31,612 posts, read 39,315,195 times
Reputation: 14231
Quote:
Originally Posted by smd1998 View Post
So what will you say if his mom had given up her citizenship?

And if you look into it, her age also plays a role here.

Berg would not go through with this I would think if it were not true.

Going to get interesting.

Some people still think the Congress and the Presidency have the same rules, they do not !!
And his seeking to have Bush Cheney indicted for 9/11 makes them guilty?
Rate this post positively
 
Old 10-13-2008, 06:31 PM
 
Location: WA
4,246 posts, read 8,478,576 times
Reputation: 2374
Making up lies about Barack Obama and posting them to forums= Fail

Rate this post positively
 
Old 10-13-2008, 06:31 PM
 
Location: Missouri
3,638 posts, read 4,753,509 times
Reputation: 768
Quote:
Originally Posted by FreshFresh View Post




Obama/Biden 08
I know it is off topic, but that dog is a real cutie.
Rate this post positively
 
Old 10-13-2008, 06:31 PM
 
82,671 posts, read 39,871,189 times
Reputation: 12168
Quote:
Originally Posted by Lindsey_Mcfarren View Post
Does NO ONE read the constitution? Based on that hallowed documents definition, Obama is an American citizen because his Mother is an American citizen and able to hold office no different then someone who is born here. Its right there in black and white.
Not if he was born outside the United States. Here's why...

The law between December 24, 1952 and November 13, 1986 (Obama was born in 1961) mandated that if, at the time of your birth, both your parents were U.S. citizens and at least one had a prior residence in the United States, you automatically acquired U.S. citizenship with no conditions for retaining it. But if only one parent was a U.S. citizen at the time of your birth, that parent must have resided in the United States for at least ten years, at least five of which had to be after the age of 16.

Only Obama's mother was a U.S. citizen, and she was 18 when Obama was born. Obama's mother could not meet the five years after the age of 16 requirement of the law. If Obama was born outside the U.S., he's not eligible.
Rate this post positively
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.


Closed Thread


Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections

All times are GMT -6.

© 2005-2023, Advameg, Inc. · Please obey Forum Rules · Terms of Use and Privacy Policy · Bug Bounty

City-Data.com - Contact Us - Archive 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10, 11, 12, 13, 14, 15, 16, 17, 18, 19, 20, 21, 22, 23, 24, 25, 26, 27, 28, 29, 30, 31, 32, 33, 34, 35, 36, 37 - Top