Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 11-02-2008, 11:04 AM

703 posts, read 855,688 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by smd1998 View Post
And I said I was wrong on that also. Do you believe for a minute that Obama does not have certain people planted in certain areas to combat this lie?
I dunno why anyone would even bother arguing with this kid after this post, as if his previous posts weren't enough to indicate that he isn't thinking clearly, to put it mildly.

Old 11-02-2008, 11:07 AM

1,718 posts, read 2,424,993 times
I can't believe this topic is still going on. Geesh.

Old 11-02-2008, 11:08 AM

35,016 posts, read 39,151,733 times
Quote:
And I said I was wrong on that also. Do you believe for a minute that Obama does not have certain people planted in certain areas to combat this lie?
Actually Obama has a lot of people planted in certain areas to combat lies. fightthesmears.com is one place.

Old 11-02-2008, 11:10 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Miborn View Post
Berg's case has been thrown out of court and the health secretary of Hawaii verified the birth certificate.

If there was ANY question about this in actual conservatives minds, they'd be all over it. Why aren't McCain and Palin raising hell over this? Because you people are full of it and desperately clinging to invalid and ridiculous lies/hopes. I guess y'all are all smarter than your candidates.

I doubt you people would believe it if God himself told you you were wrong. We all know that you don't even listen to your own candidate, so why would you listen to health secretaries and judges?

Old 11-02-2008, 11:12 AM

355 posts, read 555,151 times
We seem to be forgetting about the newspaper article announcing Obamas birth in Hawaii.

Old 11-02-2008, 11:15 AM

8,425 posts, read 12,184,331 times
We also seem to forget that Obama's grandmother died decades ago and the person being quoted is his step-grandmother. Some folks need to remove their tin foil hats and deal with reality.

"The director of Hawaii’s Department of Health confirmed on Friday what Barack Obama has been saying all along: the presidential candidate was born in Honolulu.

“There have been numerous requests for Sen. Barack Hussein Obama’s official birth certificate,” said Chiyome Fukino. “State law prohibits the release of a certified birth certificate to persons who do not have a tangible interest in the vital record.”

Citing her statutory authority to oversee and maintain Hawaii’s vital records, Fukino said she has “personally seen and verified that the Hawaii State Department of Health has Sen. Obama’s original birth certificate on record in accordance with state policies and procedures.

“No state official, including Gov. Linda Lingle, has ever instructed that this vital record be handled in a manner different from any other vital record in the possession of the State of Hawaii,” Fukino added.

Obama’s Hawaii birth certificate confirmed - Pacific Business News (Honolulu):

Old 11-02-2008, 11:23 AM

1,788 posts, read 3,920,405 times
I think this issue is done too. I think if Obama were truly not born in the US, some entity like the CIA would already be on to it.

I will say I do find it quite suspicious that Obama dropped everything and flew to Hawaii to see his Grandmother in the final days of this campaign, as dozens of lawsuits were emerging. He went in the home alone. His Grandmaother was supposed to be "hours from death." and she is still fine and will be for years. Very bizzare.

My thoughts on seeing granny? Had nothing to do with his birth, but more to do with old family letters and photos. Stuff that might show his past and early associations with Islam and radicals, or that might connect those dots.

Obama is hiding stuff. This much we know for 100% fact. How serious it is, or is not? Time will tell I suppose.

Old 11-02-2008, 11:28 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by CarolinaCowboy View Post
I think this issue is done too. I think if Obama were truly not born in the US, some entity like the CIA would already be on to it.

I will say I do find it quite suspicious that Obama dropped everything and flew to Hawaii to see his Grandmother in the final days of this campaign, as dozens of lawsuits were emerging. He went in the home alone. His Grandmaother was supposed to be "hours from death." and she is still fine and will be for years. Very bizzare.

My thoughts on seeing granny? Had nothing to do with his birth, but more to do with old family letters and photos. Stuff that might show his past and early associations with Islam and radicals, or that might connect those dots.

Obama is hiding stuff. This much we know for 100% fact. How serious it is, or is not? Time will tell I suppose.
Eh, I just see him killing 2 birds with one stone. This late in the contest I see nothing wrong with that, especially after he was accused of "wasting campaign funds" flying out to Hawaii "just to see Grandma."

I mean, we have whackos screaming about the authenticity of his birth cert, so why would anyone question his getting it verified while he was out there?

He's giving them what they wanted, it's hardly fair to nitpick him for it.

Old 11-02-2008, 11:29 AM

2,195 posts, read 3,640,381 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by varangian View Post
I dunno why anyone would even bother arguing with this kid after this post, as if his previous posts weren't enough to indicate that he isn't thinking clearly, to put it mildly.
I wasn't arguing with that one. I was arguing with a different tilter at non-existent windmills.

But, as SMD noted, "it'll all come out in the wash."

Old 11-02-2008, 11:31 AM

511 posts, read 658,587 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by TeamFoster View Post
We seem to be forgetting about the newspaper article announcing Obamas birth in Hawaii.
Not only can we see Obama's Birth Certificate on his website but the State of Hi has also said it's real and no doubt he was born in Hi, USA.

The Associated Press: State declares Obama birth certificate genuine

Quote:
State declares Obama birth certificate genuine

1 day ago
HONOLULU (AP) — State officials say there's no doubt Barack Obama was born in Hawaii.
Health Department Director Dr. Chiyome Fukino said Friday she and the registrar of vital statistics, Alvin Onaka, have personally verified that the health department holds Obama's original birth certificate.
Fukino says that no state official, including Republican Gov. Linda Lingle, ever instructed that Obama's certificate be handled differently.
She says state law bars release of a certified birth certificate to anyone who does not have a tangible interest.
Some Obama critics claim he was not born in the US.
Earlier Friday, a southwest Ohio magistrate rejected a challenge to Obama's citizenship. Judges in Seattle and Philadelphia recently dismissed similar suits.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections