Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 10-14-2008, 03:20 PM

12,642 posts, read 15,625,902 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by LML View Post
I must think 100 times a week how much Tim would be enjoying all of this. He LOVED politics and was so good at getting the story out of people. I miss him.
He'd be having a ball watching folks set beartraps and step on 'em.....Most of the stuff playing out is classic Tim on a larger stage, or perhaps in his honor, "On the Grandest Stage"
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 10-14-2008, 03:21 PM

808 posts, read 1,150,825 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by walidm View Post
What is there to expose? Aren't ACORN and Senator McCain friends? Don't they have a long relationship?
It has been mentioned twice that the report is coming up but they haven't talked about it yet.

Old 10-14-2008, 03:23 PM
LML

7,100 posts, read 9,124,362 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by walidm View Post
He'd be having a ball watching folks set beartraps and step on 'em.....Most of the stuff playing out is classic Tim on a larger stage, or perhaps in his honor, "On the Grandest Stage"
I always picture my beloved dad having a front row seat for all the Cub games. Now I also picture Tim having a front row seat for this election season.

Old 10-14-2008, 03:25 PM

7,923 posts, read 8,859,867 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by delusianne View Post
Ben Smith's Blog: Acorn pushes back, hugs McCain - Politico.com

photo of McCain seated on the aisle, so he can get up to the podium easily to say "Thank you My Friends"?
Love it!... was he getting his "NOT miss congeniality" award?

Old 10-14-2008, 03:26 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by LML View Post
I always picture my beloved dad having a front row seat for all the Cub games. Now I also picture Tim having a front row seat for this election season.
Go Cubs! Yep, I'd love to see Tim calling it like he see's it....I think something really stirring out there since Tim...the Press appears to be finding the seat the Founders intended them to have...time will tell.

Old 10-14-2008, 03:28 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by delusianne View Post
Ben Smith's Blog: Acorn pushes back, hugs McCain - Politico.com

photo of McCain seated on the aisle, so he can get up to the podium easily to say "Thank you My Friends"?
Well that was really nice of them to send over the nice picture. It didn't look negative at all...smiling and relaxing....

Old 10-14-2008, 03:29 PM

48,244 posts, read 22,049,327 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by teatime View Post
How odd. CNN hasn't even reported Obama's links to ACORN thoroughly. Ooops, wait a minute -- that's not odd. It is CNN, after all. Every morning since the primaries began, Wolfe, Cafferty and Co. have been consulting with the Obama campaign on how to best promote the Messiah every day.
He is my choice for President, but if he's your "Messiah" thats up to you! I think he's a wonderful man....but no more.

Now McCain is very much like the cranky old man who used to get red in the face and scream at kids whose ball went in his yard...but he's not the devil.

Old 10-14-2008, 03:33 PM

Quote:
This election will go down in history as the one the broadcast media ran and manipulated. It's been flat-out ridiculous since the primaries. If there's ANY firebombing going on, it should be a bipartisan effort at the cable news networks headquarters. They're no longer content to simply report the news, their goal is to create and BE the news. Campbell Brown and her little "soliloquies" are the most sickening.
Whoa...there's no need to incite or wish for violence. The Constitution allows for peaceful protest, why not take that route?

Old 10-14-2008, 03:34 PM

McCain is laying off Obama with his allegations and telling his followers that Obama isn't a bad guy because he knows what's coming his way with associations of his own.

Old 10-14-2008, 03:36 PM

Quote:
This election will go down in history as the one the broadcast media ran and manipulated. It's been flat-out ridiculous since the primaries. If there's ANY firebombing going on, it should be a bipartisan effort at the cable news networks headquarters. They're no longer content to simply report the news, their goal is to create and BE the news. Campbell Brown and her little "soliloquies" are the most sickening.
Isn't this kind of talk that they are accusing Obama of being involved in? And YOU condemn Ayers???????????
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections