Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 10-16-2008, 09:43 AM

349 posts, read 887,738 times

Advertisements

Just what has the Republican party has fostered and looked away from these last eight years? A LOT! Please read before you decide your vote.

Study says most corporations pay no U.S. income taxes | U.S. | Reuters

WASHINGTON (Reuters) - Most U.S. and foreign corporations doing business in the United States avoid paying any federal income taxes, despite trillions of dollars worth of sales, a government study released on Tuesday said.

Wages in America: The Rich Get Richer

While the American worker and family are working harder, with longer hours, and still falling further and further behind�the American CEO is 500 times better off since Reagan, Bush I, and Bush II. Think about that $200,000 equivalent pay you might have gotten if you were treated as equally or fairly as the CEO of the company you work for.

* * * Obama/Biden '08 * * *
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 10-16-2008, 09:44 AM

3,337 posts, read 5,119,159 times
How many people do you employ?

Old 10-16-2008, 10:09 AM

808 posts, read 1,148,796 times
Republicans stick it to "Joe six pack" time and time again...yet so many of those "Joe six packs" keep right on voting for them against their own best interests.

Old 10-16-2008, 10:28 AM

349 posts, read 887,738 times
Arrow Theroc5156...stick to the subject

Your feeble attempt to somehow change the topic will not work; my employing others is not an issue.

What I mean to say is that my life story is not a factor in my post.

Much the same, while I may not be a top chef, I know what dishes I like and I know most of the ingredients. Is it important whether or not I, myself, can cook the meal? No! It's either something I like or something I don't like, period. If I know what it is made of (ingredients) then I know I won't like a similar dish (Bush=McCain).

This escalation of corruption and greed is because we don't hold corporations accountable *enough*...and that, I don't like, and I know the ingredients.

It's my understanding that corporate greed and taxes are of concern to most voters and they should also know how it escalated out of control.

Should you still find yourself interested in sticking to the tax/corporate greed topic, please coherently state to me (and others) how the continuation of the Republican ecomonic policies have helped you (perhaps after reading the links I posted) and why they should continue.

If not, perhaps you are best to begin another thread if you would like to discuss the problems you have paying taxes as a business.

* * * OBAMA/BIDEN '08 * * *

Old 10-16-2008, 10:36 AM

40,050 posts, read 34,600,599 times
Well, you know, there isn't anything in the Constitution about an Income Tax. It was only established in 1913. Maybe we should all just stand on the Constitution and stop paying taxes altogether. If everyone in the country did this, there wouldn't be any way for the IRS to enforce collection. Of course, such action might conceivably affect the everyday commerce around the country...but who cares about that, so long as we don't have to pay taxes!

Old 10-16-2008, 10:47 AM

184 posts, read 676,407 times
Why can't corporations just pay the same amount of income tax per dollar made as anyone else??

Income tax should be the same amount per every dollar made!

Old 10-16-2008, 10:59 AM

52 posts, read 165,018 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Fred314X View Post
Well, you know, there isn't anything in the Constitution about an Income Tax.
Um, the 16th amendment is very much part of the constitution.

"The Congress shall have power to lay and collect taxes on incomes, from whatever source derived, without apportionment among the several states, and without regard to any census or enumeration. "

Old 10-16-2008, 11:05 AM

1,862 posts, read 3,342,874 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by etta View Post
Why can't corporations just pay the same amount of income tax per dollar made as anyone else??

Income tax should be the same amount per every dollar made!
No, you see, the richest corporations and the richest people have what they call little "loopholes". THEY get out of paying taxes by some obscure laws that our legislators, who are in the pockets of the lobbyists, come up with, but WE get to pay for all those missed taxes of the rich.

Hey, I love it - it's the "free market".
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections