Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 10-16-2008, 04:37 PM

1,992 posts, read 4,147,759 times

Advertisements

I respect McCain for these statements. I am still voting for Obama for many reasons that I have posted on these threads.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 10-16-2008, 04:38 PM

3,709 posts, read 4,629,378 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by dreamofmonterey View Post
lol. That woman with the comment about Arabs, well, it is just scary to realize these people are Americans. No wonder people only want to live on the coasts (left or right)

Me included, I gotta get out of flyover country!

Now, you have slipped up and articulated the problem that liberals have in their manner of attitude toward people of all classes and education levels. You pretend to have compassion and respect for the poor and also the uneducated. When someone is recorded as saying something hateful, you assume that they came from a red state. Remember, even most blue states have at least a 30 to 40 percent share of Republicans.

Your dismissal of "flyover country" betrays your hate for America and demonstrates only a love of your narrow views in narrow corridors of the country.

But, don't be distressed. Obama let it slip out first.

Old 10-16-2008, 04:53 PM

4,426 posts, read 5,920,399 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by bryan61 View Post
I could be wrong but I think the old man that said hussein was a 2nd stringer called him a negro (not the derogatory slur) which when he was brought up was the respectful way to address a black person. While you have no problem empathizing with minorities you seem to have a problem doing the same for older folk
defending them? must mean you share their views... some aspects of american society actually disgust me..these kinds of ignorant **** heads make me want to puke.... if anything is anti-american.. it is hate.. and these people... are haters and ignorant

Old 10-16-2008, 05:00 PM

4,426 posts, read 5,920,399 times
it only helps obama to win.... these kinds of people have always been a fundamental part of american society.. but they've always been use to having their party in some sort of power whether it be the white house, congress or senate... now that they won't... the hate and ugliness surfaces because they are angry... fact is.. this election is going to be determined by independent voters... and people seeing this disgusting display.. its going to make them put two and two together and ask themselves.. "If these people are voting for McCain... then perhaps I should rethink my position"

Old 10-16-2008, 05:04 PM

9,326 posts, read 22,023,324 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by kentuckydad95 View Post

YouTube - Misconceptions of Obama fuel Republican campaign - 13 Oct 08

Yes, I know the source is lousy, but do people really think like that? If so, I really feel sorry for these people.
I would like to say no but after seeing all the bogus unsubstantiated threads on CD (muslim barack, foreign born barack, terrorist barack), I'm afraid I am going to say yes.

Whey they would post here instead of running to Homeland Security shows they do not even take their posts seriously and are doing it for trolling purposes.

Old 10-16-2008, 05:17 PM
LML

7,100 posts, read 9,113,256 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by dreamofmonterey View Post
lol. That woman with the comment about Arabs, well, it is just scary to realize these people are Americans. No wonder people only want to live on the coasts (left or right)

Me included, I gotta get out of flyover country!
You know what, that is just unfair. Here in Wisconsin we have a long history as a progressive state..going back to our territorial days. We have one of the finest university systems in the country, a public school system that is always the in the top 3 of the country, and a lot of decent, honorable, hard working people. And, for your information, our state almost always votes democrat. Both of our senators are jewish and my congressperson is openly lesbian AND neither the senators' faith or the congresswoman's sexual orientation has ever even come up in elections. Do we have a few kooks. Yeah, we do. And so does every blessed state in the union...including all the states on both coasts. Generalizations generally make those making them look foolish. You owe those of us in "fly over states" a big apology. Or maybe you don't feel the candidates (one of whom is a senator from another "fly over state to the south of me" ) don't need our votes and we should just leave it to you people on the coasts to vote.

AND, just so there is no misunderstanding, I wouldn't leave my beautiful "fly over state" for any other state in the union, especially one on a coast.

Old 10-16-2008, 05:23 PM

1,125 posts, read 1,591,425 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by kentuckydad95 View Post
I know they have the IQ of a grape.
Really? Have you met these people in person? I'm pretty sure if we heard everything you believe in some of it would make folks go "Really? You must be stupid then."

The thing I have noticed in this election from folks who are supporting Obama is they immediately label anything they don't agree with as being stupid and the folks who express those viewpoints as being uneducated with a low IQ.

Old 10-16-2008, 05:24 PM

12,642 posts, read 15,602,495 times
Smile Hmm...

Quote:
Originally Posted by LML View Post
You know what, that is just unfair. Here in Wisconsin we have a long history as a progressive state..going back to our territorial days. We have one of the finest university systems in the country, a public school system that is always the in the top 3 of the country, and a lot of decent, honorable, hard working people. And, for your information, our state almost always votes democrat. Both of our senators are jewish and my congressperson is openly lesbian AND neither the senators' faith or the congresswoman's sexual orientation has ever even come up in elections. Do we have a few kooks. Yeah, we do. And so does every blessed state in the union...including all the states on both coasts. Generalizations generally make those making them look foolish. You owe those of us in "fly over states" a big apology. Or maybe you don't feel the candidates (one of whom is a senator from another "fly over state to the south of me" ) don't need our votes and we should just leave it to you people on the coasts to vote.

AND, just so there is no misunderstanding, I wouldn't leave my beautiful "fly over state" for any other state in the union, especially one on a coast.

"In times of need, there are no red states or blue states," Obama said, bringing the crowd to its feet. "There is the United States of America."

Obama's speech, his second stop in Wisconsin in just more than a week, was billed as a rally for America's workers when first announced. But Obama instead called for a spirit of ongoing national unity during a campaign stop at the close of LaborFest. - Senator Obama in Wisconsin

Old 10-16-2008, 06:02 PM

2,260 posts, read 3,882,143 times
Its a good thing we have the all knowing and benvolent old gringo to tell us what to think and how to vote.
pft

Quote:
Originally Posted by Old Gringo View Post
Call it whatever you like.

When crucial decisions rest on a vote of the populace, the better informed that group is, the better able they are to make the right decision. Folks who have a tenuous grasp on reality aren't likely to decide in a rational manner, yet their votes may adversely affect our nation. Citizens have a responsibility to keep themselves informed. Willful ignorance is not excusable. Holding on to misconceptions because one is proud of their ignorance is working against our national interest.

Our current diminished state is a direct result of two bad elections where a poor choice greatly impacted the USA in a negative fashion.

We may have become too stupid to remain a democracy. And that's sad.

Old 10-16-2008, 06:04 PM

2,260 posts, read 3,882,143 times
no it mus'nt

Quote:
Originally Posted by boiseguy View Post
defending them? must mean you share their views... some aspects of american society actually disgust me..these kinds of ignorant **** heads make me want to puke.... if anything is anti-american.. it is hate.. and these people... are haters and ignorant
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections