Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

View Poll Results: As A Voter, Do You Feel Cheated ACORN Is Trying To Steal This Election For Barack Obama?
Yes 67 51.54%
No 57 43.85%
Not Sure 2 1.54%
Other 4 3.08%
Voters: 130. You may not vote on this poll

Reply Start New Thread

Old 10-16-2008, 10:42 PM

789 posts, read 1,335,556 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by BringTheContent View Post
I already provided the link tonight. Some people have already commited voter fraud in Ohio by voting early when they should not have voted in this election at all. They did it as part of an expose.

Now to answer the question. Yes, it's a disgrace. But it's not a surprise. Stealing is a way of life for many of them.
I read your previous post but didn't see a link.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 10-16-2008, 10:42 PM

1,648 posts, read 2,562,552 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by BringTheContent View Post
I already provided the link tonight. Some people have already commited voter fraud in Ohio by voting early when they should not have voted in this election at all. They did it as part of an expose.

Now to answer the question. Yes, it's a disgrace. But it's not a surprise. Stealing is a way of life for many of them.
Do you know who they voted for?

And do you know there are voter suppression fraud by republicans?

Old 10-16-2008, 10:43 PM
NCN

21,663 posts, read 25,656,592 times
I have voted in every election since I was 21 which was the beginning legal age to vote when I started.

I have always thought of every vote being counted and things being on the up and up. The last presidental election was a real eye opener for me.

I was at a party with some people who are officials at polling places. They did not think the Florida situation was strange at all. One person commented that many ballots had to be thrown out every year. I think my mouth flew open.

I am one of those one shot people. If there are three people running for county commissioner, I will vote for just one, giving that person really three votes. I figure if you get one good person in that is a victory. Now I wonder if my ballot has been thrown out.

I consider my right to vote as one of the most important freedoms. I think that the vote is private, with only me knowing for sure how I vote is very important to having freedom. I have heard rumors that Obama has a bill to try to do away with that in Union worker elections. Makes you wonder if he really believes in freedom, if this is true.

I think it is good to get everybody registered, but we should not be registering more than once. This sounds like a very poorly run organization.

835 posts, read 1,323,506 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by AksarbeN View Post
No,,,, false registrations don’t add up to votes for any political candidate! It takes people who need to go to the polls with ID and actually vote to elect a president. ACORN would have to have thousands of people working for them to steal an election which isn’t the case.

Election Fraud (not the same as voter fraud) occurs at the election office in the counties. That’s where you want to look for smoke and fire, ~ not ACORN.

ACORN has turned in valid and false registrations for republicans as well!

Show me proof they have turned in voter reg's for a single Republican......when did Mickey Mouse, Dick Tracy, Mary Poppins and Dudley Doright or tourist from Europe become voters?

26,211 posts, read 19,551,296 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by AksarbeN View Post
No,,,, false registrations don’t add up to votes for any political candidate! It takes people who need to go to the polls with ID and actually vote to elect a president. ACORN would have to have thousands of people working for them to steal an election which isn’t the case.

Election Fraud (not the same as voter fraud) occurs at the election office in the counties. That’s where you want to look for smoke and fire, ~ not ACORN.

ACORN has turned in valid and false registrations for republicans as well!

Thanks for trying to enlighten the sheep. They arent told this aspect of ACORN and their alleged "fraud" that it cant influence an election by having a ghost registered to vote, if that ghost doesnt exist to vote in the first place.

Of course, a Secretary of State like Kathleen Harris CAN disenfranchise thousands of voters in Florida, and we can end up with an idiot frat boy who drank too much and did nothing his entire life until being handed the Presidency

Old 10-16-2008, 10:45 PM

355 posts, read 555,705 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Fun2Day View Post
Anyone voting "no" lives in a world where illegal aliens, dead people, cats, dogs, 2nd graders, and non-existent people should vote.... as long as it's for The One - Barack Hussein Obama, II. Their motto is "if you can't win - cheat".

This is the same group of people who want to flood the USA with 180 million more immigrants by 2030, so they can create a welfare-dependent block.

Disgraceful. ACORN leadership should all be arrested immediately and Obama be held legally accountable for funding ACORN with $832,000 this year alone.
McCain was the keynote speaker at an Acorn rally in 2006. I guess he was for it before he was against it. eh?

I never heard of Acorn before this year. After doing a little research I found out that Acorn has a 40 year history of working to make the lives of low and moderate income people easier. Both Dems and Reps have served on its board. People of all political and religious views have worked with, and contributed to Acorn. Florida Gov. Charlie Crist, partnered with ACORN in March 2008 for a "Homeownership Promotes The Economy" taskforce. More recently, Crist declared that -- contrary to GOP outrage -- he was not upset with the group's voter registration efforts in his state. ACORN supported a law signed by Governor Crist, which "changed the rules last year to restore the voting rights of about 112,000 former convicts."
In July 2005 another Republican governor, Rick Perry of Texas, signed ACORN's Lending Law Reform Bill that changed the state's homelending practices. Look also for others such as; Schwarzenegger, Romney, Bloomberg, Pawlenty, who have all worked closely with Acorn to pass bills protecting lower income people. Some of its biggest contributors have been Republican.

Since 2004 Acorn has helped 1.7 million people register to vote. Not surprising to find a percentage that need to be investigated. But the numbers I am hearing are only in the tens of thousands. Not even as high as 5%. Every year pundits comment about low voter turnout. Now that might change and that's a bad thing? No one will be going into the booth with those new voters and pulling the lever with them. The only thing that has happened is that they now can pull the lever. What is wrong with that?

Remember any group is only as strong as its weakest person. Don't we all have a vested interest in making sure our nation is strong?

Old 10-16-2008, 10:45 PM

11,449 posts, read 14,480,239 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ProudCapMarine View Post
As A Voter, Do You Feel Cheated ACORN Is Trying To Steal This Election For Barack Obama?

It makes your legal vote worthless.
How would they do this?

Do tell.

Old 10-16-2008, 10:46 PM

18,949 posts, read 43,681,990 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by fancofu View Post
Let me get this straight. You worry about someone voting to "get his fishizzle on" even though you don't know what it means. For all you know, "fishizzle" could mean that he wants to be a part of the political process. I doubt it, but it's a possibility.

Also, have you come to the conclusion that all of the voters that ACORN has registered are also homeless and wanting to get their fishizzle on?
I know what it means, NOTHING.

Old 10-16-2008, 10:49 PM

789 posts, read 1,335,556 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by southernnaturelover View Post
I know what it means, NOTHING.
You said in your previous post that you don't know what it means. Are you a flip-flopper now?

What requirements do you believe should be set in place before someone is allowed to vote?

Old 10-16-2008, 10:50 PM

2,500 posts, read 2,933,429 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by southernnaturelover View Post
Here's a few prized ACORN voters.

YouTube - Homeless Ohioans For Obama
Keep in mind these people don't know the first thing about what is going on in this election.

Here in NYC many were recorded in a feature and they loved Obama, but didn't know who his running mate was, didn't know where he stood on the war in Iraq, and didn't know who he was running against. Those are three quick examples.

That's fine though. If they meet the requirements they MUST be allowed to vote. It doesn't matter what they know or don't know about the election. OK, libs?

But let's not forget, when everyone starts to wonder what happened to their take-home pay, THIS is exactly where it will be going.

Get ready to get your socshizzleism on.

Last edited by BringTheContent; 10-16-2008 at 11:01 PM..
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections