Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

View Poll Results: Will Senator Obama require more security,if elected as our President?
Yes 58 55.77%
No 31 29.81%
Time will tell 15 14.42%
Voters: 104. You may not vote on this poll

Reply Start New Thread

Old 10-17-2008, 02:23 AM

4,697 posts, read 6,472,505 times

Advertisements

Anyone elected President gets a ton of security - anyone.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 10-17-2008, 02:29 AM

5,080 posts, read 10,013,557 times
Do any of you remember what happened after the Rodney King Trial? How about after the OJ trial?

If Obama should be assassinated, just think of the aftermath. I fear his death.. but I suspect there will be a few attempts if not a success. If there is, this country will explode.

Old 10-17-2008, 02:44 AM

20,393 posts, read 20,052,672 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by RD5050 View Post
....No previous president ever had to deal with racism.
True, but some have had to deal with hatred that has risen to the level of absolute derangement.

Old 10-17-2008, 02:53 AM

2,057 posts, read 3,423,255 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Muhnay View Post
If there is, this country will explode.
With all due respect, the ghettos don't count as "country" and there are too many guns in the suburbs for too much to happen.

Old 10-17-2008, 02:59 AM

826 posts, read 1,630,247 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Muhnay View Post
Do any of you remember what happened after the Rodney King Trial? How about after the OJ trial?

If Obama should be assassinated, just think of the aftermath. I fear his death.. but I suspect there will be a few attempts if not a success. If there is, this country will explode.
The aftermath would be Joe Biden as president.

Old 10-17-2008, 03:40 AM

4,697 posts, read 6,472,505 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by One Thousand View Post
With all due respect, the ghettos don't count as "country" and there are too many guns in the suburbs for too much to happen.
With all due respect, do you feel that all the people who would react sharply - perhaps even violently - live only in ghettos? Assuming (and I don't agree with this assumption) but assuming that the only people who might react violently would be blacks, there are many blacks living in suburbs across this country. This isn't Ozzie and Harriet country, and hasn't been for a long time.

Old 10-17-2008, 04:13 AM

1,937 posts, read 1,832,143 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by BringTheContent View Post
Point being the post suggested that King Barack will be the first person EVER to take office who has had to deal with a racial issue. You don't think that since Lincoln was assassinated and we've made some technological advances that maybe security is much more enhanced in the 21st century?

I don't want to see any president hurt in any way. The point was that Obama is not some kind of super hero just because you say he is, when in fact he hasn't even won the election which believe it or not hasn't happened yet.

Whoever wins should get the security that is already in place UNLESS it is determined that an alternative is necessary. Otherwise, and get ready for this, YOU people are the ones making this about race.
The first sentence of your post is awkward. Many elected officials may have reasons to deal with a racial issue, however other situations arise and the racial issues take a back seat. This is the first time that a president of the USA will have to deal with it 24/7. OK if Obama is elected.

Old 10-17-2008, 05:38 AM

438 posts, read 504,981 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ironclad View Post
Situational as required and whatever the prescribed number happens to be. Should he get more than Bush or Clinton.........nope, should he get the same considerations, sure, why not?
He has gotten SS protection long before any candidate, so he already gets special consideration. If you don't like it, thats too bad.

Old 10-17-2008, 05:40 AM

18,339 posts, read 26,611,040 times
Quote:
No previous president ever had to deal with racism.

That is a whole new issue to deal with, so I would vote yes.

I think Obama should be given whatever level of security is necessary.
Wrong. Coolidge feared for his life at times because of the massive KKK activity in VT even though he was white when he would visit VT. He had the largest security force for a president up to that point.

Old 10-17-2008, 06:20 AM

2,500 posts, read 2,942,731 times
Quote:
Sorry to disappoint you with your tight bedtime schedule ... but my world doesn't revolve around yours!

I've stated racism as the main issue in every one of my posts. But you just want to keep asking the same question over and over.

What don't you understand about racism in the U.S.? Do you know that the KKK is still alive and well in the south? Do you know that there are still lots of people all over America who treat African Americans as inferior, and still use the "n" word to put them down? Do you remember the Rodney King riots in the early 1990s?
Well that's fine. Sorry I had to actually go to sleep at some point. In a couple of minutes I have to go to work. I'll try to do things when they're more convenient for you in the future.

And AGAIN, yes, you stated racism as the main issue. And no kidding. Now instead of ignoring the rest of what I said why don't you answer me? Don't you think there's a pretty damn good chance that if McCain is elected that he might just be a victim of racism too? Ya think there might just be some angry black people out there?

News Flash: In spite of what you've been told, black people don't have a monopoly on being victims of racism.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections