Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

View Poll Results: Will Senator Obama require more security,if elected as our President?
Yes 58 55.77%
No 31 29.81%
Time will tell 15 14.42%
Voters: 104. You may not vote on this poll

Reply Start New Thread

Old 10-17-2008, 07:01 AM

1,765 posts, read 3,425,455 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Natchezbreed View Post
And no, in this situation, I'm referring only to white racism for the most part, though I do feel it is possible for a black to hate a white person.
Did you just fall off the truck?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 10-17-2008, 07:05 AM

281 posts, read 382,160 times
No, but I have a question to ask you. Are you blind ? Have you been paying attention to the campaign ? Have you not noticed the nature of this campaign. There has been a lot of blatant racist's attitudes and comments against Obama. We all should be at least a bit concerned.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rosinante View Post
Did you just fall off the truck?

Old 10-17-2008, 07:06 AM

4,105 posts, read 8,314,769 times
Considering the amount of hatred and fear that has been stoked by the right, I would say yes.

Old 10-17-2008, 07:09 AM

8,577 posts, read 7,893,897 times
there have been people on the left that have flat out called for the assassination of bush. obama isn't special, and doesn't deserve a higher budget than any other president should he get elected. jesus, he's costing us more money already?

Quote:
No, but I have a question to ask you. Are you blind ? Have you been paying attention to the campaign ? Have you not noticed the nature of this campaign. There has been a lot of blatant racist's attitudes and comments against Obama. We all should be at least a bit concerned.

Old 10-17-2008, 07:10 AM

5,041 posts, read 6,233,823 times
The comparison to Bush is specious. Sure, in 2004 people said bad things about Bush. We called him a traitor. That's mostly because he is a traitor.

However, there's a difference. When the far right starts yelling "Kill him!" there are a few who will think about doing it. Right wingers are notorious for following through on their violent fantasies. Whether it's Oklahoma City or abortion providers or UU churches, a tiny minority of wingnuts are absolutely insane enough to carry out the threat.

The way that you McCain/Palin supporters here have been throwing out accusations about how Obama plans to destroy America, or how he's a terrorist - you are creating the atmosphere for some of the more certifiable crazies among you to carry out "justice."

You can argue that you don't intend for that to happen. But you are disregarding the additional threat that your side poses. Willfully.

Old 10-17-2008, 07:11 AM

1,765 posts, read 3,425,455 times
Quote:
1. No, I am not blind, but I DO wear glasses.
2. Yes I have been paying attention.
3. Yes I have noticed that both sides have behaved like children.

Now, please answer my question, I'll re-word it for you: are you naive?

Old 10-17-2008, 07:13 AM

1,544 posts, read 2,082,764 times
The taxpayers money will be wasted on securing this guy from harm.

The taxpayers money will be wasted on investigating this guy from terrorist ties, corruption and cheating.

This guy will be a HIGH MAINTENANCE president.

Old 10-17-2008, 07:14 AM

281 posts, read 382,160 times
Not during his campaign. Not of this magnitude.

He's special because he is the first black man to have made it to a presidential ticket, and sadly a lot of America can't accept this for that reason alone.

As I have previously stated, because of the hatred, racist attitudes, slurs, threats, etc......I feel strongly he will need more security.

Quote:
Originally Posted by jmarquise View Post
there have been people on the left that have flat out called for the assassination of bush. obama isn't special, and doesn't deserve a higher budget than any other president should he get elected. jesus, he's costing us more money already?

Old 10-17-2008, 07:16 AM

1,535 posts, read 2,069,144 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rosinante View Post
Now, please answer my question, I'll re-word it for you: are you naive?
If this is the response to this:

Quote:
There has been a lot of blatant racist's attitudes and comments against Obama. We all should be at least a bit concerned.
I am more than curious as to who is actually being naive or just willfully stupid.

Old 10-17-2008, 07:16 AM

29,917 posts, read 39,569,723 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by idahogie View Post
The comparison to Bush is specious. Sure, in 2004 people said bad things about Bush. We called him a traitor. That's mostly because he is a traitor.

However, there's a difference. When the far right starts yelling "Kill him!" there are a few who will think about doing it. Right wingers are notorious for following through on their violent fantasies. Whether it's Oklahoma City or abortion providers or UU churches, a tiny minority of wingnuts are absolutely insane enough to carry out the threat.

The way that you McCain/Palin supporters here have been throwing out accusations about how Obama plans to destroy America, or how he's a terrorist - you are creating the atmosphere for some of the more certifiable crazies among you to carry out "justice."

You can argue that you don't intend for that to happen. But you are disregarding the additional threat that your side poses. Willfully.

It's always good to hear from the uninformed...Thanks for your input.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections