Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

View Poll Results: Will Senator Obama require more security,if elected as our President?
Yes 58 55.77%
No 31 29.81%
Time will tell 15 14.42%
Voters: 104. You may not vote on this poll

Reply Start New Thread

Old 10-17-2008, 07:18 AM

3,645 posts, read 4,935,807 times

Advertisements

They don't like to be confused by facts. For some reason that it would be race that would fuel some sort of an attempt on Obama's life, when in fact, it would more than likely it would be some nut or someone pissed about the decay of our country, which is still a nut by any stretch.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 10-17-2008, 07:19 AM

8,577 posts, read 7,881,179 times
yup, he's black, and tiger woods is asian. I would love to accept a black president, but he would have to be a libertarian. I like herman cain, but he's a little too republican for me.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Natchezbreed View Post
Not during his campaign. Not of this magnitude.

He's special because he is the first black man to have made it to a presidential ticket, and sadly a lot of America can't accept this for that reason alone.

As I have previously stated, because of the hatred, racist attitudes, slurs, threats, etc......I feel strongly he will need more security.

Old 10-17-2008, 07:21 AM

1,544 posts, read 2,081,004 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by RD5050 View Post
No previous president ever had to deal with racism.

That is a whole new issue to deal with, so I would vote yes.

I think Obama should be given whatever level of security is necessary.
No previous president ever had to deal with as much age discrimination as McCain.

No previous president ever had to deal with hatred from the current president BUSH and pass it on to McCain and he is NOT Bush. McCain is McCain and he has his OWN policies.

No executive office had to deal with discrimination against women for vice-president.

From history, the Black leaders who were assassinated were killed by BLACK people themselves.

Old 10-17-2008, 07:28 AM

12,642 posts, read 15,635,277 times
The President of the United States should and will always have the very best security available. To think otherwise is ridiculous. The Citizen's voice is communicated through the election of the President and the importance of the United States President as our Voice will always demand the most stringent standard of collective protection from our Intelligence Agencies. We as citizens should expect nothing less. Interestingly enough, if the Citizens exerted 1/10 the effort in protecting the chains that Bind Government to it's Will - the US Constitution, we might actually have less to worry about.

Old 10-17-2008, 07:31 AM

281 posts, read 381,777 times
Do you feel that America's concern in regard to McCain's age, jeopardizes he physical safety ?

A added note: Medgar Evers, a civil rights leader and activist was murdered by Byron De La Beckwith - a member of the Ku Klux Klan.

I can go on and on, but that is not the topic of this thread. The question was whether Obama should have more security, and I feel that he does, and my reasons for doing so were previously stated.

Quote:
Originally Posted by ShoppingCartLaw View Post
No previous president ever had to deal with as much age discrimination as McCain.

No previous president ever had to deal with hatred from the current president BUSH and pass it on to McCain and he is NOT Bush. McCain is McCain and he has his OWN policies.

No executive office had to deal with discrimination against women for vice-president.

From history, the Black leaders who were assassinated were killed by BLACK people themselves.

Old 10-17-2008, 07:32 AM

1,535 posts, read 2,067,377 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ShoppingCartLaw View Post

Outside of El-Hajj Malik El-Shabazz, I defy you to name one African American leader assassinated by an African American.

Just one.

O.V. Catto?

Rev. George Lee?

Wharlest Jackson?

Medgar Evers?

Martin Luther King Jr.?

Old 10-17-2008, 07:45 AM

1,555 posts, read 1,983,324 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by j760 View Post
Why should he have special treatment?

Because he's black? Look, there are security risks for the President, regardless of who he or she is. If he's not willing to accept that then he shouldn't be running. I vote No.
That's just ignorant and naiive. There ARE people in this country that would want to get rid of him because he is a black man as President. It's a fact that racism, unfortunately, is alive and well in some parts of this country. That puts him more at risk than your average white politician, so of COURSE he'd need more security.

Old 10-17-2008, 07:49 AM

8,577 posts, read 7,881,179 times
like I said, this idiot is costing us more money already.

Quote:
Originally Posted by KLDanford View Post
That's just ignorant and naiive. There ARE people in this country that would want to get rid of him because he is a black man as President. It's a fact that racism, unfortunately, is alive and well in some parts of this country. That puts him more at risk than your average white politician, so of COURSE he'd need more security.

Old 10-17-2008, 07:50 AM

1,555 posts, read 1,983,324 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rosinante View Post
1. No, I am not blind, but I DO wear glasses.
2. Yes I have been paying attention.
3. Yes I have noticed that both sides have behaved like children.

Now, please answer my question, I'll re-word it for you: are you naive?
it's not about both sides behaving like children (which is a statement I'd agree with.)
it's the fact that ONE particular side, has had several instances of assassination rhetoric toward the other candidate. That is outright menacing and goes beyond "childish behavior."

Old 10-17-2008, 07:53 AM

493 posts, read 719,120 times
Well d'uh ofcourse he should. There are people plotting ill will right as I type this! It's a terrible shame but it's the truth!
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections