Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 10-17-2008, 09:00 AM

5,524 posts, read 9,947,099 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Magnum Mike View Post
I don't usually post in the politics forums, but I felt there is a need for me to do so.

I find it hard to believe that a lot of Americans actually think Obama is the answer to the problems of our nation. In the almost two years of the Senate and House controlled by people like Pelosi and Reid, look at what happened, but with Obama in the White House, expect the end of the United States as we know it. I'm not very impressed with McCain either, but he's still a much better choice.

Maybe this will reveal things about Obama you may not have known.

http://www.usawakeup.org/USSA.htm
I did not realize that there were only 2 choices in this election. So what are all of the 3rd party candidates doing then and why allow write ins?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 10-17-2008, 09:05 AM

12,867 posts, read 14,931,188 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ian6479 View Post
I don't think people consider Obama the asnwer to all problems.. I just think they have had enough of the crazy rediculous republican politics of the past 8 years and are coming to the conclusion that Obama is 1. a better choice than Mccain, and 2. the complete opposite of George Bush. Either would be a better choice but 4 years ago the opportunity to be rid of a republican white house was lost... I don't think it will happen this time.
i understand that you are from england and do not understand american politics, but the truth of the matter is that the last 2 years we have been under a democratic house and senate, which is where the power lies in our country. here is another bit of information for you in that bush will be leaving no matter what happens! obama is trying to run against bush and he is 4 years too late for that!

Old 10-17-2008, 09:10 AM

3,859 posts, read 10,335,383 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tymberwulf View Post
That's not going to happen. Far to many people now feel that government is good, government tells them what they need to do, holds their hand so they don't make mistakes, and when they end up making mistakes tells them it's okay, here let us fix it for you.

The era of personal accountability is over, only being practiced by a few of us who are left to shake our heads and wonder what happened.

Very sad but very true.

Old 10-17-2008, 09:10 AM
Noc

1,435 posts, read 2,071,948 times
I'm tired of the Iraq war.

I'm tired of the deficit going up up up. The last two years didn't force the deficit up this high. If Wall st was running away with all this money for all these years why didn't this administration say wait a minute why are these guys getting so rich and the gov't is getting so poor. Then we bail them out with MY money. I've had enough of the BS

I'm tired of the GOP lies and scare tactics. McCain voted for the Iraq war. If he was such a Maverick why didn't he put the breaks on and tell the president and the GOP congress wait we need to be focusing on Afghanistan and BinLaden not Iraq. Saddam can wait a few more years.

I'm tired of hearing about our gov't spying on us. Eagle eye doesn't seem so far fetched.

And the notion that Bush kept me safe for all these years is BULL. I was safe for eight years prior to him being President.

Obama isn' THEE answer but I'm fed up with anything that Relates to this Administration.

Old 10-17-2008, 09:11 AM

5,524 posts, read 9,947,099 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by floridasandy View Post
i understand that you are from england and do not understand american politics, but the truth of the matter is that the last 2 years we have been under a democratic house and senate, which is where the power lies in our country. here is another bit of information for you in that bush will be leaving no matter what happens! obama is trying to run against bush and he is 4 years too late for that!
Apparently not. He is running on that platform and seems to be winning. The American people see McCain as another Bush so why not "run against him"?

Old 10-17-2008, 09:23 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Noc View Post
I'm tired of the Iraq war.

I'm tired of the deficit going up up up. The last two years didn't force the deficit up this high. If Wall st was running away with all this money for all these years why didn't this administration say wait a minute why are these guys getting so rich and the gov't is getting so poor. Then we bail them out with MY money. I've had enough of the BS

I'm tired of the GOP lies and scare tactics. McCain voted for the Iraq war. If he was such a Maverick why didn't he put the breaks on and tell the president and the GOP congress wait we need to be focusing on Afghanistan and BinLaden not Iraq. Saddam can wait a few more years.

I'm tired of hearing about our gov't spying on us. Eagle eye doesn't seem so far fetched.

And the notion that Bush kept me safe for all these years is BULL. I was safe for eight years prior to him being President.

Obama isn' THEE answer but I'm fed up with anything that Relates to this Administration.

i totally agree that bush has been a disaster but this is where people make their mistake. it can get worse and obama will show you just how bad our economy could get! when you have a depressed economy, you do not spend more money and you do not tax people more! both are acts which take away money from the average person! in tough times, we need all the cash we can get our hands on because there is no bailout waiting for the taxpayer!
i also urge you to google pam martens and the obama bailout and see how obama arranged this bailout for his wall street cronies. she is a wall street reporter with no personal ax to grind but just reporting the facts as she did in march of this year, before the bailout even happened! this was a bailout of wall street orchestrated by wall street's own treasury secretary, mr. paulson, and barack obama as their choice for presidential candidate. there are more articles in follow up available also.

Old 10-17-2008, 09:36 AM

1,862 posts, read 3,345,593 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by tluv00 View Post
Apparently not. He is running on that platform and seems to be winning. The American people see McCain as another Bush so why not "run against him"?
After all, in his own words, McCain voted with Bush 90% of the time. He said it himself.

Old 10-17-2008, 09:41 AM

10,092 posts, read 14,491,110 times
I hardly think it would be "the end of the US as we know it," if Obama was elected. That's a typical fear response from the Republican-camp.

How would the US change as we know it? I'm curious to hear a Republican's view.

Old 10-17-2008, 09:41 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by cousinsal View Post
After all, in his own words, McCain voted with Bush 90% of the time. He said it himself.
i believe that obama actually said that, which does not even make sense because the president cannot vote on the bills. (he can either sign or veto).

Old 10-17-2008, 09:43 AM

4,050 posts, read 6,145,634 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by floridasandy View Post
i understand that you are from england and do not understand american politics...
I think that's presumptuous.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections