Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 10-19-2008, 08:19 PM

9,907 posts, read 10,853,629 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by sickofnyc View Post

Maybe he should rent "A Few Good Men" to see how this is supposed to play out when you are given orders by a madman or corrupted, self-serving, egotistical jerk.
Wow! You realize you said that out loud, right?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 10-19-2008, 08:24 PM

5,554 posts, read 6,751,872 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by TuborgP View Post
Ok Sarah which of us live in areas that are not pro American and what makes us so?
Palin Explains What Parts Of Country Not "Pro-America"
The McCain campaign is seeking to clarify a remark reported from a Sarah Palin fundraiser in North Carolina yesterday in which the Alaska Governor declared that she loved to visit the "pro-America" areas of the country -- implying, implicitly, that there were some parts of the United States she viewed as not pro-America.

Readers what does this say to you about America under President Palin after McCain steps down for health reasons?
That maybe she'll take out her rifle when flying her helicopter over the US in areas she considers anti-American?

Old 10-19-2008, 08:47 PM

2,600 posts, read 2,331,572 times
gosh, if she does that, maybe she can whittle down the coyote population here in new mexico! kill 2 birds with one stone (bullet).
Quote:
Originally Posted by Aylalou View Post
That maybe she'll take out her rifle when flying her helicopter over the US in areas she considers anti-American?

Old 10-19-2008, 08:52 PM

2,311 posts, read 2,835,019 times
I'm sure someone brought this up but didn't Palin deliver the introduction to the convention of the "ALASKAN INDEPENDENCE PARTY" whose platform is that Alaska should succeed from the USA?

Even the "non-pro-US" places that have raised me weren't inhabited by people who hate the US enough to rally for their independence.

This is the dumbest person ever to run for the office of vice president since the advent of mass communication. May god bless her soul.

Old 10-19-2008, 09:07 PM

81 posts, read 103,831 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by TuborgP View Post
Ok Sarah which of us live in areas that are not pro American and what makes us so?
Palin Explains What Parts Of Country Not "Pro-America"
The McCain campaign is seeking to clarify a remark reported from a Sarah Palin fundraiser in North Carolina yesterday in which the Alaska Governor declared that she loved to visit the "pro-America" areas of the country -- implying, implicitly, that there were some parts of the United States she viewed as not pro-America.

Readers what does this say to you about America under President Palin after McCain steps down for health reasons?
Maybe Sarah Palin was talking about where michelle obama lived when she said, "For the first time in my adult life I am proud to be an American" as being one of those areas that is not pro-America.

Old 10-20-2008, 04:00 AM

30,419 posts, read 20,366,433 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by happ View Post
GOP commentators [Noonon\ Krauthammer\ Brooks\ Will\ Kristol\ Parker] are cringing in horror & refuse to say who they will vote for because of Sarah Palin.
Yeah, right.

Old 10-20-2008, 04:17 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by sickofnyc View Post
What nonsenseguy doesn't get is that it the duty of an enlisted person to honor that long forgotten piece of paper called The Constitution first and foremost. There have been more soldiers going AWOL in this illegal war than possibly any other time in our histroy. It was their duty to not follow an order if they felt that it was going against The Constitution.

Maybe he should rent "A Few Good Men" to see how this is supposed to play out when you are given orders by a madman or corrupted, self-serving, egotistical jerk.
What an absolute bunch of B.S.! Have you been paying any attention at all to what YOUR DEMOCRAT PARTY has been doing for many years now — trashing the Constitution? Liberal judges who have no respect for it whatsoever, and think that it can be interpreted any way they choose, to suit their agenda? They call it a "living document", which is the same as no Constitution at all.

I haven't seen that Bush has trashed the Constution at all. Give me an example, please, without just throwing out the usual cliches. And back up your argument.

Just look at what the liberal court has done to our system, and granting Habeas Corpus rights to enemy combatants is just about the last straw. You don't call that an abuse of power?

The duty of a military person is to follow orders. He cannot decide to not follow an order if he thinks it is against the Constitution.

Were you ever in the military? I was. I know what the UCMJ is, and what it means. Apparently, you don't (if you've even heard of it).

Where's the evidence that there are "more soldiers going AWOL in this illegal war than possibly any other time in our histroy"? Give me the numbers, and your source.

You people are good at throwing out statements with no proof or anything to back it up, and when you do, it's usually from some liberal blog, also with nothing to back it up.

And furthere more sonny boy, tell me why you think it's illegal for the United States to defend itself?

I hope this country never has to depend of the likes of someone like you for our security. Heaven help us.

Old 10-20-2008, 04:25 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by DrJoey View Post
I'm sure someone brought this up but didn't Palin deliver the introduction to the convention of the "ALASKAN INDEPENDENCE PARTY" whose platform is that Alaska should succeed from the USA?

Even the "non-pro-US" places that have raised me weren't inhabited by people who hate the US enough to rally for their independence.

This is the dumbest person ever to run for the office of vice president since the advent of mass communication. May god bless her soul.
Why is it that all Democrats know how to do is smear someone? That's why they have become known as the "party of lies and corruption".

Why not be honest and say that you don't like Palin because she is a Christian, and Republican. That's what it's really all about, and everyone knows it.

Old 10-20-2008, 04:33 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by highdesertmutz View Post
More stupid statements. anti-Americans are democrats? how old are you? 5? you sure sound like it.
I'm 65, a Vietnam Vet, and I stand by my statement.

Why don't you join the military and do something for your country instead of whining like the rest of your liberal friends? You might find out this country is not such a bad place afterall.

Old 10-20-2008, 04:39 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by highdesertmutz View Post
And, bin laden was once georgie's friend, and his friends were flown out of the US immediately, while no other planes were flying. Abuse of military, you bet george did, he invaded Iraq, and oh, saddam used to be an ally to the US too. the war on terror? maybe george shouldn't have made his friends and allies mad, and bin laden would have left us alone. seems as if, the bush foreign policy is flawed. we had these terrorists as allies, and now, we're trying to hunt them down and kill them, before they try to kill us, why? what's wrong with this picture? maybe we shouldn't be meddling in other nation's policies or politics? you're a smart person, figure it out. and I know, everything us left wingers do or say, we get the blame for. maybe it's because we're thinkers? whereas, the right are, shall I say, followers of the right-wing cult, and believe in lies and propagana? who is the next boogieman?
Oh, please. Do we need to here these lies and myths again? Who makes this stuff up? And you people just eat it up and believe every word. How easily you are manipulated.

"Thinkers" you are not.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections