Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 10-17-2008, 08:08 PM

26,211 posts, read 19,551,296 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by mackinac81 View Post
McCain. I look at Obama and I see Bush in 2000. Inexperienced, in over his head, and a puppet to his advisors and other democrats.

Obama will be just as bad a Bush, just a little more leftward.
I thought I had seen the most stupid comment on this forum a few weeks ago, but that is no longer the case.

You win, hands down.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 10-17-2008, 08:09 PM

260 posts, read 573,836 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by thebigr View Post
Isn't it past your bedtime?
Nope!

Old 10-17-2008, 08:10 PM

2,305 posts, read 3,031,877 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by odanny View Post
McCain is clueless, and reckless, just like Bush, and you seriously ask who you would rather have in the WH on Sept 10, 2001?

Especially since McCain called for attacking Iraq only a month after 9/11, while Senator Obama spoke out against the idea?

Wow, just wow. Some folks just aint ever gonna get it, are they?
So what do you think Obama would have done after 9/11?

Old 10-17-2008, 08:15 PM

808 posts, read 1,150,219 times
Quote:
He would have gone to Afghanistan to get bin Laden because EVERYONE knew we were justified in going there and that it HAD to be done. He would NOT have gone off chasing imaginary WMDs in Iraq as a distraction. He would have kept the focus in Afghanistan WHERE IT BELONGS and saved the country $10 billion a month for all these years.

Old 10-17-2008, 08:17 PM

10,503 posts, read 15,578,963 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by LordBalfor View Post
I did.
I've said he was an idiot all along.
In truth I'm AMAZED it wasn't obvious to EVERYONE.
Most people are clearly pretty stupid not to have seen what was right in front of their face.
His election (and then RE-ELECTION) sure lowered my opinion of the intelligence of the American People. In truth we got the President we deserved. When you make stupid, ignorant decisions you pay the price.

Ken
I certainly did NOT vote for Bush, not once or twice. Fascinating how duped people become once you utter the word "terrorist".

Old 10-17-2008, 08:18 PM

3,712 posts, read 6,482,339 times
Quote:
His response would be 'Let's interface!'.He would tell those responsible that he knew they must be very angry and that he would like to meet with them to help them calm down. I have always suspected that Obama does not particularly like the US, why on earth would he risk censure by the global community to protect it?

Old 10-17-2008, 08:19 PM

10,503 posts, read 15,578,963 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by LML View Post
Well, when you're right, you're right. Okay, Bush isn't a cowboy. Let's see, what shall we call him? Hmmm. How about a Sidewinder?
Yes, that'll do.

Old 10-17-2008, 08:20 PM

Quote:
What kind of question is that? What do you think he would have done?

He would have killed or captured Bin Laden and routed the Taliban in Afghanistan.

Instead the neocon criminals immediately started plotting to attack Iraq.

They could care less that 3000 Americans were just slaughtered, they didnt care then and they dont care now. All they care about is the worlds second largest oil reserves and all the $$$$ it is going to make them

Old 10-17-2008, 08:21 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by andreabeth View Post
His response would be 'Let's interface!'.He would tell those responsible that he knew they must be very angry and that he would like to meet with them to help them calm down. I have always suspected that Obama does not particularly like the US, why on earth would he risk censure by the global community to protect it?
Bush supporters/24%'ers are always so easy to spot. Their idiocy gives them away everytime, dont ya think?

Old 10-17-2008, 08:21 PM

1,535 posts, read 2,064,964 times
Quote:
If I may answer...

I think that he would have done just as Bush did (before losing is effing mind). Ascertain who was responsible and then develop a plan to either bring them to justice or destroy them.

But for the moment, let's say the military brass convinced him to pursue the ****-a-mammie plan to outsource the fight, I am sure that he wouldn't have turned to his Defense Sec, and asked for a new list of invadable countries nor do I believe that he would have cooked intelligence to promote a war with a country that even a person with marginal intelligence should have known had nothing to do with 9/11.

How's that for a start.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections