Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 10-19-2008, 07:47 PM

118 posts, read 146,687 times

Advertisements

As my mamma used to say, "Huney, it takes one to know one."
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 10-19-2008, 09:14 PM

35,016 posts, read 39,200,595 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by TillyT View Post
As my mamma used to say, "Huney, it takes one to know one."
Are you addressing me?

Old 10-19-2008, 09:19 PM

5,554 posts, read 6,746,068 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by TeamFoster View Post
Thank you, thank you, thank you. Can I say that about 40 more times. I for one am absolutely sick of it. I even had to speak sternly to a relative. Luckily she is still talking to me.
I know what you meant by "luckily" but some would feel luckier if relatives like that didn't speak to them again.

Old 10-19-2008, 09:22 PM
LML

7,100 posts, read 9,120,946 times
I keep waiting for someone to say to McCain what was once said to McCarthy; "Have you no shame Senator? Finally, at long last, have you no shame?

Old 10-19-2008, 09:23 PM

826 posts, read 1,627,178 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by KsStorm View Post
...but I am getting pretty dang SICK of these ignorant,uneducated racists!!!!
I have never seen such a display of stupidity of this magnitude all over in my lifetime (38). This goes way BEYOND "dirty politics". I am sure there are a few good McPalin supporters,that are just uninformed ,but from what I am seeing online,on TV,and in real life,the majority are just racist lowlifes that have only one thing they think they can be proud of: lily white skin (by the way I am a white Christian mom of 4 in one the reddest states in the US). It's really getting WAY out of hand,and people need to stand up & SAY something,as McCain & Palin certainly are NOT,and indeed are encouraging it. Now some McCaniacs are going to pop in here & whine & deny it,but it's true ,I have seen many videos of their hate rallies,where they smirk after someone yells out something ignorant from the crowd. This is not one of their rallies,just another ignorant follower of theirs.

Racist Mike Lunsford of Ohio Hangs Obama Effigy from Noose in Tree

YouTube - Racist Ohioan Mike Lunsford Hangs Obama Effigy from Noose in Tree
FREEDOM of SPEECH sux

Old 10-19-2008, 09:25 PM

81 posts, read 103,723 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Canine*Castle View Post
That's very heartbreaking and things like this make me embarrassed that I'm an American. I don't know that it's even ignorance as much as it is downright hate. I honestly feel sorry for whoever wins the election because of the crazies in this country.
Maybe you can overcome the embarrassment and be proud to be an American like michelle obama. She said "For the first time in my adult life I am proud to be an American".

Old 10-19-2008, 09:26 PM

20,460 posts, read 26,362,560 times
Quote:
I have never seen such a display of stupidity of this magnitude all over in my lifetime (38). This goes way BEYOND "dirty politics". I am sure there are a few good McPalin supporters,that are just uninformed ,but from what I am seeing online,on TV,and in real life,the majority are just racist lowlifes that have only one thing they think they can be proud of: lily white skin (by the way I am a white Christian mom of 4 in one the reddest states in the US). It's really getting WAY out of hand,and people need to stand up & SAY something,as McCain & Palin certainly are NOT,and indeed are encouraging it. Now some McCaniacs are going to pop in here & whine & deny it,but it's true ,I have seen many videos of their hate rallies,where they smirk after someone yells out something ignorant from the crowd. This is not one of their rallies,just another ignorant follower of theirs.

Well, considering that these folks were stupid enough to elect Bush TWICE...

... well, what more can you expect?

A VERY ignorant bunch indeed.

Ken

Old 10-19-2008, 09:27 PM

81 posts, read 103,723 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Slash83 View Post
FREEDOM of SPEECH sux
Some people think so. But it only sucks if people are saying what they don't want to hear.

Old 10-19-2008, 09:29 PM

38,649 posts, read 26,423,474 times
Quote:

I'm in total agreement. Doesn't he know that only African-Americans are allowed to express hate for other races? If he keeps this up people may start associating me with him just because I have the same "lily white skin".

I guess you saw this morning's polls too.

Old 10-19-2008, 09:30 PM

5,406 posts, read 13,288,487 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by AnotherPatriot View Post
Maybe you can overcome the embarrassment and be proud to be an American like michelle obama. She said "For the first time in my adult life I am proud to be an American".
Don't compare me with that woman; I can't stand her. I don't need to overcome the embarrassment; I just mentioned that it was just that and it is. Now if Obama gets in, I may have to resort to claiming to be from another country. Just kidding even though it isn't funny. I'll still claim to be an American no matter what happens to this country.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections