Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 10-17-2008, 10:32 PM

1,544 posts, read 2,080,719 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by MovingForward View Post
OMG: Do you have ANY idea how deep in denial you are?

McCain must verify each and every call for you to be convinced?

Good lord.
OBAMA supporters are getting phone calls saying that OBAMA is a terrorist. Come on!!! McCain would say this?????

He is being set up!!!!!!

McCain camp is DENYING those phone calls are being made

http://www.myfoxtwincities.com/myfox/MyFox/pages/sidebar_video.jsp?contentId=7664466&version=1&loca le=EN-US (broken link)

I think it is time for the McCain camp to get the FBI involved in these spoofed calls.

Last edited by ShoppingCartLaw; 10-17-2008 at 10:41 PM..
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 10-17-2008, 10:41 PM

8,299 posts, read 8,625,252 times
Fear-mongering in an economically depressed (or recessed) country in order to attain political power. Hmmmm, that tactic sounds so familiar for some reason.

I can't believe that a U.S. presidential candidate has stooped to this in such a blatant way.

Old 10-17-2008, 10:45 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by helenejen View Post
Fear-mongering in an economically depressed (or recessed) country in order to attain political power. Hmmmm, that tactic sounds so familiar for some reason.

I can't believe that a U.S. presidential candidate has stooped to this in such a blatant way.

McCain camp is DENYING those phone calls are being made

http://www.myfoxtwincities.com/myfox/MyFox/pages/sidebar_video.jsp?contentId=7664466&version=1&loca le=EN-US

YouTube - McCain Tries to Tame Flames

Old 10-17-2008, 10:50 PM

808 posts, read 1,151,371 times
ShoppingCart...we are talking about the recorded one that the Campaign admits to. The ones the other women are talking about probably came from one wingnut volunteer. That video is from a state that doesn't allow robo calls AT ALL, and a live person has to call instead. Just based on what we all hear some of those wingnuts post you can't deny that it's very possible that a few radical nutjob volunteers are making calls too. I don't think anyone would blame McCain for a few random crackpots, and I'm certainly not. I'm talking about the recorded calls that the campaign HAS admitted to making. Those are also dishonest calls because they make it sound as if Obama worked with Ayers to commit those crimes and that is a load of crap. This is the reason why McCain keeps falling further and further behind. The vast majority of people are VERY turned off by those kinds of attacks. The more McCain makes those attacks the more he drops. The only people who like hearing that stuff are people who already support McCain. It turns off undecided and Independents and brings out the ugly and hate from the radical nuts supporting McCain and their behavior disgusts supporters and undecideds and McCain loses more and more every day. Then there are those nutjobs that are whipped up into a frenzy who start making death threats and putting them in their neighbors' mailboxes. What is next? An assasination? Where is McCain and Palin going to draw the line?

Old 10-17-2008, 10:52 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by ShoppingCartLaw View Post
Sounds like conservatives have done this before:
FactCheck.org: Phoning It In: Attack in Indiana by New, Well-Funded Conservative Group

And didn't another link on this thread include confirmation from the McCain camp?

Old 10-17-2008, 10:54 PM

33,597 posts, read 37,240,246 times
Quote:
That Youtube video was from Oct. 10th. It just shows how inconsistent he is. He says one thing, but does the opposite. He has never stopped accusing Obama of terrorist associations, either on his ads or on the Letterman show, and now with robot phone calls....Open your eyes guy. He is inciting violence and hate.

Old 10-17-2008, 10:55 PM

41,325 posts, read 45,037,797 times
Quote:
I've got a 5 year old who always gets the phone first. So now I'm supposed to be afraid for her to answer because she may be terrorized, by a call about terrorists? I'm furious just thinking about it. I will call the RNC tomorrow too, and I encourage other parents to do the same.
Poor dear. Handwringing.

Old 10-17-2008, 10:56 PM

9,326 posts, read 22,056,351 times
Centaur, Helen, Sanspeur.. kudos, you folks are a lot more patient that I would be!

Old 10-17-2008, 10:56 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Centaurmyst View Post
ShoppingCart...we are talking about the recorded one that the Campaign admits to. The ones the other women are talking about probably came from one wingnut volunteer. That video is from a state that doesn't allow robo calls AT ALL, and a live person has to call instead. Just based on what we all hear some of those wingnuts post you can't deny that it's very possible that a few radical nutjob volunteers are making calls too. I don't think anyone would blame McCain for a few random crackpots, and I'm certainly not. I'm talking about the recorded calls that the campaign HAS admitted to making. Those are also dishonest calls because they make it sound as if Obama worked with Ayers to commit those crimes and that is a load of crap. This is the reason why McCain keeps falling further and further behind. The vast majority of people are VERY turned off by those kinds of attacks. The more McCain makes those attacks the more he drops. The only people who like hearing that stuff are people who already support McCain. It turns off undecided and Independents and brings out the ugly and hate from the radical nuts supporting McCain and their behavior disgusts supporters and undecideds and McCain loses more and more every day. Then there are those nutjobs that are whipped up into a frenzy who start making death threats and putting them in their neighbors' mailboxes. What is next? An assasination? Where is McCain and Palin going to draw the line?

As far as I know, the McCain Camp has not admitted to anything that refer to the exact robocall messages.

Again, I will not take anything that is IN PRINT. The McCain Camp needs to release a statement and say which Robocalls are theirs.

Old 10-17-2008, 10:57 PM

Quote:
As far as I know, the McCain Camp has not admitted to anything that refer to the exact robocall messages.

Again, I will not take anything that is IN PRINT. The McCain Camp needs to release a statement and say which Robocalls are theirs.
Find out who killed Kennedy while you are at it, will ya?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections