Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 10-17-2008, 08:34 PM

808 posts, read 1,150,404 times

Advertisements

As a small business owner, Ken Elliott answers his own phones. Typically it's someone looking for car, but when Elliot picked up Thursday, he says he was shocked. He had just become one of the many Missourians targeted by a campaign-related robocall.

That recording states: "Hello, I'm calling for John McCain and the RNC, because you need to know that Barack Obama has worked closely with domestic terrorist Bill Ayers, who's organization bombed the U.S. Capitol, the Pentagon, a judge's home, and killed Americans. And Democrats will enact an extreme leftist agenda if they take control of Washington if they take control of Washington. Barack Obama and his Democratic allies lack the judgement to lead our country. This call was paid for by McCain-Palin 2008 and the Republican National Committee."

Elliot says he was so turned off by the negative tone of the phone call, that he made his own call.

Elliott says, "So I called that number back, and I told them they were a bunch of liars, and not to call back."

The McCain campaign confirmed Friday it is behind these calls. Campaign spokesperson Wendy Riemann tells KOLR/KSFX, "The reality is, everything in the call is backed up by facts," and that the campaign stands by the phone calls.

Read the full article here:
Robocalls Targeting Missouri Voters (http://ozarksfirst.com/content/fulltext/?cid=73261 - broken link)

Absolutely disgusting!

There is another robo call from the McCain campaign that is calling people in the middle of the night and uses Obama's voice. Not until later in the call does it reveal that the call is actually from the McCain campaign.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 10-17-2008, 08:35 PM

61,286 posts, read 87,510,121 times
that and $1.60 will get you a cup of coffee at starbucks.
obama 08

Old 10-17-2008, 08:39 PM

41,325 posts, read 45,000,570 times
Quote:
That recording states: "Hello, I'm calling for John McCain and the RNC, because you need to know that Barack Obama has worked closely with domestic terrorist Bill Ayers, who's organization bombed the U.S. Capitol, the Pentagon, a judge's home, and killed Americans. And Democrats will enact an extreme leftist agenda if they take control of Washington if they take control of Washington. Barack Obama and his Democratic allies lack the judgement to lead our country. This call was paid for by McCain-Palin 2008 and the Republican National Committee."
This is all true. What's the problem?

Obama did work closely with Ayers.
Ayers did bomb a judges house, planned to bomb the capitol and the pentagon. People died.
They will try to implement a leftist agenda.
They don't have the judgement to lead.

I see no problem.

Old 10-17-2008, 08:40 PM

26,238 posts, read 49,123,150 times
These are the same sort of Hate Calls that sank McCain in the SC primary in 2000. In those calls, they said he fathered a child with a black woman and that Cindy was a druggie. The same people who did that TO McCain in 2000 have since been hired BY McCain to try and save his campaign this year. I cannot imagine a more pitiful downhill slide in McCain's integrity than to hire the exact same bunch of low lifes to come to his aid this year. It will cost him the election.

Meanwhile, one of the GOP senators in Maine has called on the McCain campaign to stop making those calls in her state.

Old 10-17-2008, 08:42 PM

41,325 posts, read 45,000,570 times
How is this hate? It is factual. All of it.

Tell me where it isn't.

Old 10-17-2008, 08:43 PM

16,294 posts, read 28,558,986 times
McCain has only one card left in his hand to play. And while it is only a 2 of clubs, he is playing and playing and playing it.

He got OWNED by David Letterman last night over this, and his association with Gorden Liddy. McCain is a disgusting desperate old hypocrite. Though I never considered voting for him, I certainly thought he was a man of character, but sadly he's not.

Old 10-17-2008, 08:46 PM

1,992 posts, read 4,151,078 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by sanrene View Post
How is this hate? It is factual. All of it.

Tell me where it isn't.
While it is factual, it is misleading. The placement of the pronoun "he" in the syntax of the statement might make people think that Obama took part in the terrorist activities.

Old 10-17-2008, 08:49 PM

1,718 posts, read 2,427,870 times
This round of robocalls is despicable; as are those that twiddle their thumbs, whistle Dixie and say they see nothing wrong with it.

Old 10-17-2008, 08:49 PM

12,642 posts, read 15,619,666 times
This destructive negative campaigning is counter to everything the Senator wishes us to believe about him. He has taken the most destructive aspects of his prior run and incorporated them into the current campaign in an all out sell your soul at all costs to attain power. The shell of the former Senator has continued to present the worst example of judgment possible in an increasingly disturbing display of desperation.

Old 10-17-2008, 08:55 PM

11,078 posts, read 15,097,798 times
Anybody that thinks this is fair campaigning is a scumbag in my book.Total trash who deserves a potus just as scummy as themselves....to bad they won't get it tho' because Obama is going to win and the scum suckers will have to wait 8 years for both of his terms to run out.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections