Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 10-17-2008, 09:35 PM

21,026 posts, read 22,167,184 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by MonaLisaVito View Post
So, the people who act anything like what he/she has listed, to me, would be an extremists. I didn't insult any particular individual by name.

Your not one of the above and you have stated you never met anyone like that, so why does it bother you so much?

Did you know that the feminists who got YOU the right to vote were considered extremists?

Not ALL extremists fit the hate list of the OP...and to say they all do would be ....i..uh..ill-informed.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 10-17-2008, 09:38 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by LML View Post
[/b]

As a woman of Irish heritage, I sincerely thank you for recognizing that even we, the loveliest of all people () have at times a cukoo in the nest. (as my granny would have said.)

I'm happy you got the real intent of the message

Old 10-17-2008, 09:38 PM

874 posts, read 1,857,105 times
Your logic baffles me. I am a registered Democrat. I'm voting for Obama as I have planned to do for years. I dislike Palin because of a variety of reasons. I too have 5 children. By your logic I should hate women who have as many children as i do and I guess hate myself. I can assure you I do not.

I think it is great if a woman can sustain a marriage. Good for them.

I do not respect women who use abortion in lieu of other methods of birth control but I do not hate anyone who chooses either way. I find it funny when people laud SP for choosing to have her baby. For most of my adult female friends this is not a choice made after you find out you are pregnant but a life decision you've pretty much ironed out already. Most of them turn down testing and would not even know they were carrying a Down Syndrome child until they arrived as the testing can cause a woman to spontaneously abort. I was never willing to take that risk for fear of killing my child.

I have a great deal of compassion for any parent who has a child that will have extra challenges in their life. I do question after having children with their own special challenges and watching friends come to terms with raising a DS child, how anyone can face the rigors of campaigning and the potential of a Vice Presidency. If she feels she is up to it then more power to her. I am still not voting for Mccain, but I never was.

I've had more than one child with the same man. Twice. I could care less who has how many children with who unless sexual abuse is involved.

I have many Christian friends. As far as I can tell I don't hate any of them.

I have lived in a small town myself and didn't hate myself at the time. I still don't. While there are a few people I have been very angry with and honestly have hated in the past I find it isn't a very healthy attitude. At this moment there really aren't many people I hate. i was going to say none but the bastards in Minnesota who hideously beat a mentally disabled young man for two days are hard to forgive. Otherwise there are no people I can think of that I hate. Not even small town women.

I guess there is no way you will believe me given the assumptions you have already made about me. But I don't hate you either.

Old 10-17-2008, 09:39 PM

8,882 posts, read 19,867,337 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by CarolinaCowboy View Post
You fine folks need to understand this core element of being a liberal....."do as I say, not as I do." They preach about tolerance and being open minded and supporting the career woman who can juggle kids and a career. As long as you support their FAR-LEFT ideology, they praise you. Support traditional American values that founded this country and they spit upon you. Just like Palin. The hypocrisy is unbelievable!

Get these facts straight of the things we have learned from this election.

1. They hate American women who stay married.
2. They hate women who don't abort their children.
3. They make fun of women who have down syndrom children
4. They hate women have more then one child with the same man.
5. They hate Christain women.
6. They hate small town women

The list goes on and on. But as long as you agree with the likes of Madona, Rosie, and are willing to let you 9 month old baby die a horrible death in a linen closet, then you are fine by them?

Liberal movement, or a vile feminist Nazi movement? Seriously, ladies, ask yourselves this?
Why does it seem like all the crackpots on this forum are from the Carolinas? OK, just not walidm.

Old 10-17-2008, 09:39 PM

8,002 posts, read 18,613,581 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Who?Me?! View Post
Did you know that the feminists who got YOU the right to vote were considered extremists?

Not ALL extremists fit the hate list of the OP...and to say they all do would be ....i..uh..ill-informed.
You are putting words in my mouth dear. I did not say anything about feminists. I did not type the word FEMINIST in my prior posts, did I?

Feminism, for some has taken a whole new turn since then, even since the 1970s. There is a difference between a feminist and a femi-nazi - OK.

Really, you need to relax a little bit.

Old 10-17-2008, 09:41 PM

1,577 posts, read 2,662,716 times
Quote:
Why does it seem like all the crackpots on this forum are from the Carolinas? OK, just not walidm.
Hey now!

Old 10-17-2008, 09:45 PM

1,718 posts, read 2,426,610 times
Quote:
Quote:
Originally Posted by scarlet52698 View Post
Hey now!
I second that hey now! and was just about to post the same thing. I may live in DC now but Carolina (N.) will always be my home.

Old 10-17-2008, 09:45 PM

Quote:
You are putting words in my mouth dear. I did not say anything about feminists. I did not type the word FEMINIST in my prior posts, did I?

Feminism, for some has taken a whole new turn since then, even since the 1970s. There is a difference between a feminist and a femi-nazi - OK.

Really, you need to quit ascribing feelings and emotions to posters....it kinda looks like you're losing the argument when you do that.....like picking one word as a defense when your meaning was already clear.

Old 10-17-2008, 09:46 PM

8,299 posts, read 8,613,878 times
Quote:

Yes, there are differences among first-wave, second-wave, and third wave feminists. But I think the issue might be there you are perpetuating a negative stereotype by even using the word femi-nazi, which is a favorite term of those who consider feminism, of any kind, to be an inherently bad thing.

But come on, people! We're ruining things for CarolinaCowboy!! Either rip on Palin so that he can swoop in for her rescue or cease to post. I have a feeling that he needs this really badly.

Old 10-17-2008, 09:53 PM

8,002 posts, read 18,613,581 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Who?Me?! View Post
Really, you need to quit ascribing feelings and emotions to posters....it kinda looks like you're losing the argument when you do that.....like picking one word as a defense when your meaning was already clear.
I really don't need to quit doing anything. This is a public forum and I do have the right to type what I want. Your going to read into a post exactly the way you want to and that's it. Don't try putting words in my mouth. And I'm not losing any argument. Liberal woman and conservative woman don't hate others for having different feelings or morals than themselves. Again, his list is pretty whacko and describes exactly what I wrote.

I don't understand why your so defensive when I'm not speaking of you.

Go relax sweetie, open up your nightstand drawer, grab a couple AA batteries and go release some of that pent up tension you have.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections