Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 10-18-2008, 01:45 PM

2,016 posts, read 5,586,421 times

Advertisements

Liberal fascism you mean? Open-minded only when you agree, defines the meaning of "open-mindedness" indeed.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 10-18-2008, 02:24 PM

68,340 posts, read 54,462,599 times
Is this thread just a veiled membership drive for the Keep 'em Quiet, Barefoot, & Pregnant Club or ??????????

Old 10-18-2008, 02:27 PM

19,112 posts, read 30,649,143 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ELOrocks17 View Post
I dont---I agree with the OP on this. Liberal elites love to hand out abortions like it was halloween candy---but suddenly become outraged when a someone like Saddam is executed...

Hand out abortions??? I'm sick and tired of people referring to others who are pro choice as 'pro-abortion'. I would PREFER a woman have their child, much prefer it over an abortion, but if they chose to abort then so be it. How many times do I have to tell people to stay out of my uterus???

To the OP... I will admit I'm not a huge fan of Christians, but I'm not a huge fan of most religious people in general (of course, it's just the extremists I have issue with, most religious people are extremely pleasant and good )

I would NEVER make fun of a woman who had a DS child! That's horrid!
I plan on getting married to my long term boyfriend, but only when EVERYONE has the same right and he agrees. We've been together 6 years and it might actually happen soon!!

I commend women that stay at home and care for their children, it's a difficult thing to do and I find that they're such amazing people to do that, but it's not for me.

And, I'm a Libertarian liberal!

Old 10-18-2008, 02:54 PM

355 posts, read 555,532 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by CarolinaCowboy View Post
You fine folks need to understand this core element of being a liberal....."do as I say, not as I do." They preach about tolerance and being open minded and supporting the career woman who can juggle kids and a career. As long as you support their FAR-LEFT ideology, they praise you. Support traditional American values that founded this country and they spit upon you. Just like Palin. The hypocrisy is unbelievable!

Get these facts straight of the things we have learned from this election.

1. They hate American women who stay married.
2. They hate women who don't abort their children.
3. They make fun of women who have down syndrom children
4. They hate women have more then one child with the same man.
5. They hate Christain women.
6. They hate small town women

The list goes on and on. But as long as you agree with the likes of Madona, Rosie, and are willing to let you 9 month old baby die a horrible death in a linen closet, then you are fine by them?

Liberal movement, or a vile feminist Nazi movement? Seriously, ladies, ask yourselves this?
Well....Who is this "they" I am a woman and none of the women I know think the things on your list. Do you even know any women? These broad statements are typically used just to start an argument. I understand you want to fire people up enough to respond. But seriously..... If you are the type of person who judges all members of a group based on what a few say than what does that say about you? Your credibility is in question.

Old 10-18-2008, 02:55 PM

17,764 posts, read 39,756,420 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by msina View Post
My DH is a vet
I'm married
I don't support abortion, but it's my choice
I had a child born with difficulties
All my kids have the same Father
I'm Pentacostal
I live in a tiny town

voting Obama/Biden this time
High five!

Old 10-18-2008, 02:56 PM

355 posts, read 555,532 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by old biddie View Post
Actually, here's what we like.

1. To have a say over our bodies
2. Equal pay for equal work
3. We can own Real Estate
4. Or have a credit card
5. That the men in our lives don't have a legal right to beat or kill us
6. That we can vote.
7. We can wear whatever we want
8. We don't have to get married if we don't want to

I like the fact that anyone who threatens any item on that list, has made women unite, stronger than ever, to make sure that does not happen. And to women, we don't care if that threat is a man, or a woman. We will not have our rights threatened by backwards, ignorant, downtrodden, backwards-thinking dummies. We have come too far, and we will not be threatened by another patriarchal figure who is trying to hold us down.
I think your list was a bit far-fetched, I don't know one woman who would make fun of someones' kid with down syndrome, or someone who chose not to abort, or small town, or any other example on your list.
What we do greatly dislike is ignorance. Ignorance keeps people stuck in a way of thinking that does not lend way for cultures to co-exist in harmony.
Travel is a great remedy for ignorance. Go visit another culture. Or read up on women in countries who have no rights, and you will, perhaps, come to see why we are so resolute about protecting what our Mothers and Grandmothers so passionately fought to give us. Don't forget what they did for you, don't forget that there was a time when we were not able to vote; remember that there was a time when we could not even voice our opinion about politics.
Amen!

Old 10-18-2008, 02:58 PM

17,764 posts, read 39,756,420 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by CarolinaCowboy View Post
1. They hate American women who stay married.
2. They hate women who don't abort their children.
3. They make fun of women who have down syndrom children
4. They hate women have more then one child with the same man.
5. They hate Christain women.
6. They hate small town women
1. No
2. No
3. My god, no, we just hate one's who hold them up as trophies for anti-choice
4. Oh for F's sake ... no
5. Jesus Christ on the cross .. no
6. well butter my butt and call me a biscuit ... no

0-5 on your silly assumptions ... you said you could list more ... ohhhhhhh
please do! This is fun!

Old 10-18-2008, 02:59 PM

35,016 posts, read 39,186,811 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by burdell View Post
Is this thread just a veiled membership drive for the Keep 'em Quiet, Barefoot, & Pregnant Club or ??????????
It's The He-Man Woman Haters' Club

except not cute.

("because girls are the bunk!")

Old 10-18-2008, 08:57 PM

1,966 posts, read 2,705,374 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by irishvanguard View Post
He has pretty well described every Democratic poster who is female on this forum. Sadly, he is dead on.
Sadly (for you), you're dead wrong.

I am Democratic and I am a poster on this forum and I am female, and he didn't even come close to remotely describing me.

Old 10-18-2008, 08:59 PM

7,727 posts, read 12,393,584 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Politico View Post
Sadly (for you), you're dead wrong.

I am Democratic and I am a poster on this forum and I am female, and he didn't even come close to remotely describing me.
me either.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections