Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 10-18-2008, 12:29 AM

3,645 posts, read 4,925,298 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by ShoppingCartLaw View Post
Yeah, I know about him. They are disgusting individuals and this hate campaign will keep up, even when Obama is in office. It will more than likely get worse.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 10-18-2008, 12:42 AM

353 posts, read 552,225 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by londonbarcelona View Post
I can't believe that people actually think that the McCain supporters are NOT racist of color or religion? Tell me, how many people of color do you see in the McCain crowd?
THIS should scare you - the man cannot be trusted - on his own words!

McCain MUST release his health records - but WON'T Given the fact that he has been treated for an invasive melanoma and other maladies, it is important that he release his full health records.

Since the media won't question McCain about his deeply bigoted pastor, it's up to you to call attention to this issue. Make McCain's pastor problem a major story by forwarding this video (http://bravenewfilms.org/blog/38133-mccain-s-spiritual-guide-wants-america-to-destroy-islam - broken link) to your family, friends, and colleagues.

McCain's major idea for fixing the economy is continuing George W. Bush's tax policies -This is a laugh -A guy named Charles angrily asked, "When did raising taxes ever stimulate economic growth?" then said "raising taxes will only cause a deeper recession," and added "Do your homework before berating someone on television." Apparently, he forgot that our most recent economic boom during the 1990s came immediately after President Clinton raised taxes on the wealthy.

"Perhaps the only thing more outrageous than Exxon Mobil making record profits while Americans are paying record prices at the pump is the fact that Senator McCain has proposed giving them an additional $1.2 billion tax break. While Senator McCain's plan has succeeded in helping his campaign raise over $1 million from oil and gas company (http://bravenewfilms.org/blog/47603-mccain-s-energy-plan-and-tax-cuts-for-big-oil - broken link)executives and employees just last month, it won't lower gas prices or end our dangerous dependence on foreign oil.

On Countdown, Markos Moulitsas, founder of DailyKos and author of Taking on the System, discussed the McCain camp's lies (http://bravenewfilms.org/blog/53051-olbermann-and-moulitsas-on-the-mccain-camp-lies - broken link)with Keith Olbermann.
Are you really this damn stupid?

Old 10-18-2008, 12:48 AM

3,645 posts, read 4,925,298 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by offthefence View Post
Are you really this damn stupid?
Him and plenty of the others in here.

Old 10-18-2008, 02:21 AM

2,661 posts, read 2,902,869 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by cjma79 View Post
Here is where the uneducated comes.. He has and CNN already did a program about it.
Obama should release his records, he is the one that hasnt.
Apparently, his complete records were not released.

They did briefly allow a pool of reporters to look at 1,100+ pages, but that wasn't all of it.

I searched a news site for mccain health records, and did not find anything claiming that mccain did in fact release his full health records.

The following 3 links are related, speaking of 2600+ doctors petitioning to have his full records released. These are all within the last month, when mccain 'released' his records far earlier in the year.

Doctors petition for McCain health records - St. Petersburg Times

Health Care Examiner: McCain's health records: what 2,600 doctors want to know (http://www.examiner.com/x-322-Health-Care-Examiner~y2008m10d15-McCains-health-records-what-2600-doctors-want-you-to-know - broken link)

CJR: Covering Candidates' Medical Records

Last edited by compJockey; 10-18-2008 at 03:32 AM.. Reason: killed a word that was bugging me.

Old 10-18-2008, 03:08 AM

24,621 posts, read 19,156,521 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by person View Post
For just a diverse nation, the number of blacks, asians, hispanics, those scary arab americans, etc are severely underrepresented in McCain crowd.
Well, duh! No kidding. Where were all the blacks when Alan Keyes was running for president?

Blacks were nowhere to be found. I know, because I love Alan Keyes and I was at his rally here (plus I've seen him speak twice on the lecture circuit).

Sure, Race Traitor Republican Lawn Jockey Ken Blackwell was there. I'll bet Lawn Jockey Lynn Swan went to see Alan Keyes too.

Yeah, the October 2006 Esquire Magazine article called Ken Blackwell and Lynn Swan the “lawn jockeys of the Republican Party”.

The liberals are just so enlightened and so tolerant and so superior.

I'm sure thousands of blacks would be thrilled to join the Republican Party and get labeled as Race Traitors and lawn jockeys by liberal elites and the black intelligentsia that dominates the NAACP.

Old 10-18-2008, 04:26 AM

5,450 posts, read 8,760,111 times
Wouldn't it be that the people of color are the racists for not going to the McCain functions??

Hmmmmm....

Old 10-18-2008, 04:41 AM

4,180 posts, read 14,593,147 times
Regardless of the economy, many have forgotten those wars we are in. That is the main reason why I am voting for Obama. I want out; not further in.

Old 10-18-2008, 09:20 AM

2,159 posts, read 2,582,664 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by londonbarcelona View Post
McCain's major idea for fixing the economy is continuing George W. Bush's tax policies -This is a laugh -A guy named Charles angrily asked, "When did raising taxes ever stimulate economic growth?" then said "raising taxes will only cause a deeper recession," and added "Do your homework before berating someone on television." Apparently, he forgot that our most recent economic boom during the 1990s came immediately after President Clinton raised taxes on the wealthy.
Quite true - we had true prosperity under Clinton - and tremendous job growth - the most in my lifetime... more than under Reagan (ahh, RepubliCons will get their hackles up now)....

Wages and salaries went up across the board - higher than inflation - and although the disparity between rich and poor increased, it did not increase nearly as much as under Bush...

McCain is a pure "Trickle Down Economics" proponent. Lower taxes on the wealthy, and wealth will trickle down to the proletariate... Well, that has been proven beyond a doubt to be total BS over the past 28 years...

Go Obama!! Stick to your guns and raise the top tax rates!!!
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections