Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 10-18-2008, 02:53 PM

5,376 posts, read 5,348,269 times

Advertisements

Although I might of missed it, I never read that the lady who was attacked, make any mention of anything that was said that would indicate his political preference. The writers of the blog post, say democrat but........ there was nothing indicated other then another angry New Yorker. (Might have been a Rudy fan)

60000 reported assaults in NYC each year.
No political preference in this: "This election just has him SO upset"

Last edited by plannine; 10-18-2008 at 03:07 PM.. Reason: added stats
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 10-18-2008, 03:00 PM

2,501 posts, read 7,766,333 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Miborn View Post
No it is OK to Beat on a woman as long as she is a Republican.........

This woman being attacked and hit in the face it is ok she asked for it because she is on the wrong side.............

Where are all the defenders of women the why aren't they outraged over the violence?
WHat happened to FREEDOM OF SPEECH??? Only for the Democrats?

Old 10-18-2008, 03:06 PM

3,645 posts, read 4,927,604 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by SCBeaches View Post
WHat happened to FREEDOM OF SPEECH??? Only for the Democrats?
Seems to be what they believe and act like.

Old 10-18-2008, 03:10 PM

30,902 posts, read 33,013,051 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ironclad View Post
Silly democrats, do you think it's OK to hit a woman? Gutless cowards, is it any wonder many spend most of their lives in da jail.
What an idiotic thing to say...most democrats spend most of their lives in jail? Excuse me, "da jail"?

Old 10-18-2008, 03:12 PM

I am also curious as to how anyone is sure this actually happened. It seems the woman filed a complaint. Nothing has been proven; how do we know he actually struck her? Anyone can file a complaint about anything, frankly. I can file a complaint right now saying the person who cut me off trying to get out of the grocery store today not only cut me off but struck me.

Check out the source and you all tell me why this isn't in "the MSM media". Maybe because every tin-foil hat story doesn't make it all the way to MSM. Sometimes it just gets to the level of the National Inquirer.

Old 10-18-2008, 03:30 PM

12,669 posts, read 20,451,330 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by plannine View Post
Although I might of missed it, I never read that the lady who was attacked, make any mention of anything that was said that would indicate his political preference. The writers of the blog post, say democrat but........ there was nothing indicated other then another angry New Yorker. (Might have been a Rudy fan)

60000 reported assaults in NYC each year.
No political preference in this: "This election just has him SO upset"

On a Monday afternoon, September 15, 2008, three McCain volunteers were holding campaign signs and distributing leaflets on a busy corner of 51st Street and Lexington Avenue. As they were peacefully talking to each other, they were approached by a man who, in the words of the victim, provided the impression of “a rather benign, doughy-looking guy — not a person I would have expected to assault me.”

This is how the victim describes it:

I said, “What are you doing? You can’t do that!” And he was red in the face screaming, “You people are ridiculous!” And I said, “Yeah, whatever, but you can’t do that.”

So I reached for the sign that he ripped up, and he grabbed another sign, broke it, and ripped it to shreds. And when I said, “You can’t do that,” he took the stick from the sign and started beating me on the head with it. He broke the skin on my head, he scratched my wrist, and almost broke my glasses, and then he left.

I followed him down the stairs to the subway until I could get the police and I said, “You’re not going to get away with it.” And as soon as he saw the police he immediately went calm. He still had the stick in his hand, and you could see the injury on my face, and he admitted it. He was arrested. He actually said, “I don’t know why I did this. It’s just those signs, and this election, it has me so upset.”

Some people are losing control, and it’s not the people on the right. Never have I seen that behavior with any of the people on my side of the fence. … It’s just not our way. Look at us, most of us have never been protesters. … Do I feel that the left is aggressive and potentially violent? Yes, because we’ve all seen it. I certainly have … firsthand!

Pat Dollard | Young Americans | Blog Archive » Developing! Obama Supporter Assaults Female McCain Volunteer In New York

Last edited by Miborn; 10-18-2008 at 10:00 PM..

Old 10-18-2008, 03:38 PM

5,376 posts, read 5,348,269 times
Quote:
On a Monday afternoon, September 15, 2008, three McCain volunteers were holding campaign signs and distributing leaflets on a busy corner of 51st Street and Lexington Avenue. As they were peacefully talking to each other, they were approached by a man who, in the words of the victim, provided the impression of “a rather benign, doughy-looking guy — not a person I would have expected to assault me.”

This is how the victim describes it:

I said, “What are you doing? You can’t do that!” And he was red in the face screaming, “You people are ridiculous!” And I said, “Yeah, whatever, but you can’t do that.”

So I reached for the sign that he ripped up, and he grabbed another sign, broke it, and ripped it to shreds. And when I said, “You can’t do that,” he took the stick from the sign and started beating me on the head with it. He broke the skin on my head, he scratched my wrist, and almost broke my glasses, and then he left.

I followed him down the stairs to the subway until I could get the police and I said, “You’re not going to get away with it.” And as soon as he saw the police he immediately went calm. He still had the stick in his hand, and you could see the injury on my face, and he admitted it. He was arrested. He actually said, “I don’t know why I did this. It’s just those signs, and this election, it has me so upset.”

Some people are losing control, and it’s not the people on the right. Never have I seen that behavior with any of the people on my side of the fence. … It’s just not our way. Look at us, most of us have never been protesters. … Do I feel that the left is aggressive and potentially violent? Yes, because we’ve all seen it. I certainly have … firsthand!
Still, nothing in the article (or court documents) about his party association:
“I don’t know why I did this. It’s just those signs, and this election, it has me so upset.”

The next statement could mean almost anything - people blocking the sidewalk, anybody with political signs
“You people are ridiculous!”

Old 10-18-2008, 03:39 PM

4,507 posts, read 9,065,142 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by JerZ View Post
I am also curious as to how anyone is sure this actually happened. It seems the woman filed a complaint. Nothing has been proven; how do we know he actually struck her? Anyone can file a complaint about anything, frankly. I can file a complaint right now saying the person who cut me off trying to get out of the grocery store today not only cut me off but struck me.

Check out the source and you all tell me why this isn't in "the MSM media". Maybe because every tin-foil hat story doesn't make it all the way to MSM. Sometimes it just gets to the level of the National Inquirer.
You're supposed to actually read the linked article before commenting. the guy confessed and was arrested while still holding the stick with which he assaulted the McCain volunteer.

Quote:
And as soon as he saw the police he immediately went calm. He still had the stick in his hand, and you could see the injury on my face, and he admitted it. He was arrested. He actually said, “I don’t know why I did this. It’s just those signs, and this election, it has me so upset.”
Funny, I seem to have heard about the 'kill him' chants ALL OVER the news, even BO declared them to be evidence of 'dirty campaigning' by McCain/Palin although there is absolutly no evidence or witnesses to substantiate the claims. But that hasn't been widely told in the news either.

Secret Service says "Kill him" allegation unfounded | Wilkes-Barre breaking news | timesleader.com - The Times Leader

Old 10-18-2008, 03:45 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by NCyank View Post

Funny, I seem to have heard about the 'kill him' chants ALL OVER the news, even BO declared them to be evidence of 'dirty campaigning' by McCain/Palin although there is absolutly no evidence or witnesses to substantiate the claims. But that hasn't been widely told in the news either.
I read the article. The defendant says he admitted to striking her. I also read the document. Again, it states "in the defendant's words".
The man confessed, it says; to what? He obviously broke the sign. Where does it say he "confessed" to hitting her with a sign?

Has he been convicted? Was he found guilty not just of breaking the sign but of hitting her?

Did you read the article, complete as it is with insinuations and heresay?

Old 10-18-2008, 03:46 PM

5,152 posts, read 8,530,192 times
Quote:
Why isn't the left reporting this? It is news.........

Obama Supporter Assaults Female McCain Volunteer in New York

While the Democrat-leaning media continues to scare undecided voters with bedtime stories about some mythical angry McCain supporter whom nobody has seen, here is a real district attorney’s complaint documenting an unprovoked assault by an enraged Democrat against a McCain volunteer in midtown Manhattan: “Defendant grabbed the sign [informant] was holding, broke the wood stick that was attached to it, and then struck informant in informant’s face thereby causing informant to sustain redness, swelling, and bruising to informant’s face and further causing informant to sustain substantial pain.”

Pajamas Media » Obama Supporter Assaults Female McCain Volunteer in New York
Maybe it's not being reported since you don't feel the level of hate in Obama's campaign, like you do in the McPain campaign?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections