Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 10-18-2008, 08:40 PM

5,376 posts, read 5,362,603 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by SCBeaches View Post
Oh No...not Joe again!? He's EVERYWHERE these days!

This was a different Joe........

OK - I confess, his name was Fred!!!!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 10-18-2008, 08:41 PM

2,501 posts, read 7,792,074 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by JerZ View Post
Exactly. WTH? For all we know he's voting the Peace and Freedom party but he freaked out because he was there at 9/11 and lost friends and now is sickened by people pegging anyone they don't like as "an Arab/terrorist".

For all we know she was in fact quietly trying to protest but he took her sign or what-have-you the wrong way and he did indeed freak out on her.

For all we know he's a McCain plant.

For all we know he is an Arab and was angry that she was obviously positioning Arabs in a negative light.

For all we know she shouted out something extremely derogatory.

For all we know he changed antidepressants today and had a waking seizure and started flailing, tearing and hitting.

For all we know the more "innocent" sign wasn't the only one she had.

For all we know she is entirely innocent and didn't even want to be there, but she was walking by and someone asked her to hold his sign for a second.

For all we know he went up to her and told her he thought she was just spreading fear and she told him that must mean he's a terrorist too and he just freaked out.

And another possibility is that he is an Obama supporter specifically, and he's a violent person. There are violent people of both parties so it could have happened, sure. There are people from both parties who are on medications. There are people on both parties who are loose canons. There are people of neither party that are any or all of these. Is this possibility "the" fact? How the hell would any of us know? There are a million possibilities.

Maybe she hit him with the sign first. WhoTH knows? I'm not vilifying this woman and she may literally have been standing there and this man may be an unmedicated paranoid schizophrenic. Who knows? NONE of us.

But to jump from...a woman's sign was torn up and she might have been hit with it or not, to "Obama's supporters are violent and it's because he told them to be!" is ludicrous at best; I won't say what it is at worst because of TOS.
No, "we all" don't know, or even think that he's a "McCain plant", especially since Obama approached him in his own neighborhood. Now, that's just paranoid to think that. I'm sure there are hidden mikes in the plants in your home too....and maybe, just maybe your phone is tapped too. Geez.

Old 10-18-2008, 08:43 PM

2,501 posts, read 7,792,074 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by plannine View Post
This was a different Joe........

OK - I confess, his name was Fred!!!!
I laugh because my brother's name is Joe and he's catching it from everyone. He's getting ready to change his name! I'll suggest Fred to him.

Old 10-18-2008, 08:46 PM

493 posts, read 719,901 times
I thank God that I will not be in New York when either of the two will be elected, all hell will break loose either way. One of the two parties will be gloating and showing off in the street and NY is the worse place to do it! People have no shame and will attack and blame it on mental issues! I've seen this before

Old 10-18-2008, 08:52 PM

16,292 posts, read 28,624,951 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Miborn View Post
Why isn't the left reporting this? It is news.........
No it isn't, and why are you reporting it? It is one fricking crackpot out of 300 million people. and another to try and make some big deal out of it and somehow tie Obama to this act.

How about Falin grinning when chants of "kill him" come from the crowd. There is your real fricking sicko crackpot.

Old 10-18-2008, 09:00 PM

30,902 posts, read 33,157,527 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by SCBeaches View Post
No, "we all" don't know, or even think that he's a "McCain plant", especially since Obama approached him in his own neighborhood. Now, that's just paranoid to think that. I'm sure there are hidden mikes in the plants in your home too....and maybe, just maybe your phone is tapped too. Geez.
What are you talking about? I was referring to the man who supposedly assaulted the woman holding a sign.

Did you actually read the OP?

As for "paranoia," you may have noticed (oh, oops...you obviously didn't) that I gave a whole bunch of scenarios, some of which are obviously far-fetched, in order to show that there could be almost any reason for an altercation between the two...and we wouldn't know it.

Old 10-18-2008, 10:26 PM

12,669 posts, read 20,500,471 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Asheville Native View Post
No it isn't, and why are you reporting it? It is one fricking crackpot out of 300 million people. and another to try and make some big deal out of it and somehow tie Obama to this act.

How about Falin grinning when chants of "kill him" come from the crowd. There is your real fricking sicko crackpot.
You must not have heard.................

It was a LIE.............. NOBODY SAID IT!!!!

Old 10-18-2008, 10:51 PM

718 posts, read 2,330,797 times
I guess this Obama supporter had some muscle because if he or she was as frail as Obama then the assault attempt would be a failure.

Old 10-19-2008, 08:50 PM

826 posts, read 1,629,981 times
Thumbs up Elderly lady gets beat up:wrist cut, forehead skin cut open, glasses broken by Obama supporter

Speaking of angry supporters...

Quote:
So I reached for the sign that he ripped up, and he grabbed another sign, broke it, and ripped it to shreds. And when I said, “You can’t do that,” he took the stick from the sign and started beating me on the head with it. He broke the skin on my head, he scratched my wrist, and almost broke my glasses, and then he left.
Wonder if MSNBC will cover this

Pajamas Media » Obama Supporter Assaults Female McCain Volunteer in New York

Old 10-19-2008, 08:51 PM

8,299 posts, read 8,633,219 times
Could you check for duplicate threads before you start a new one. Annoying!
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections