Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 10-19-2008, 08:52 PM

7,359 posts, read 10,284,070 times

Advertisements

Any witnesses to this? If not, I call b.s.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 10-19-2008, 08:53 PM

11,579 posts, read 13,958,441 times
Its a fake. The lady fabricated the story!! She is clearly on the McCain payroll.

Old 10-19-2008, 08:54 PM

826 posts, read 1,626,191 times
Wrong..she was a plant..paid by the McCain camp to get beat up

Old 10-19-2008, 08:58 PM

8,185 posts, read 12,646,250 times
You know, if true I can't say that I am all that surprised. To some people if you are against Obama then you are KKK racist. To other people if you are against mccain you may as well be a pinko commie muslim. I think it is in everybodies best interest that we pull in the 'crazies' from our own parties before this kind of thing gets to be more common.

Old 10-19-2008, 09:02 PM

5,041 posts, read 6,220,495 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by camping! View Post
You know, if true I can't say that I am all that surprised. To some people if you are against Obama then you are KKK racist. To other people if you are against mccain you may as well be a pinko commie muslim. I think it is in everybodies best interest that we pull in the 'crazies' from our own parties before this kind of thing gets to be more common.
You are right about the McCain camp. They actually come out and say that Obama is a terrorist - and therefore his supporters are anti-American. With that kind of logic, you can justify doing anything to win, including voter fraud, violence and intimidation.

However, you can't point to cases where those on the left are accusing McCain supporters of being racist, just because they are McCain supporters. It doesn't happen.

Stop making false equivalences.

Old 10-19-2008, 09:07 PM

1,788 posts, read 3,922,482 times
I was at the NC state fair on Saturday wearing my McCain Palin sticker, as were many people wearing their Obama / Biden ones. When I was in a large crowd, so thick I could not move by the food booths Two black females noticed my sticker and said "Get that racist fucin sticker out of my face you biaatch." I moved along and said nothing, but to me it really showed the double standard in this election. All tactics, hate and racism is fair game for one party, and just the assumption of racism is enought to convict the other!

Old 10-19-2008, 09:09 PM

5,376 posts, read 5,350,659 times
This has been covered before.

Nothing in the article (other then by the blog's author) indicated that he was, either a democrat or a obama supporter. The lady didn't say if he said anything political, the court records don't say it. The suspect said "I don’t know why I did this. It’s just those signs, and this election, it has me so upset.” Nothing there to indicate anything else.

Old 10-19-2008, 09:11 PM

3,309 posts, read 5,704,698 times
This is a glimpse of what is to come if McCain wins this election...Obamatrons going on an all out tyrade.

Old 10-19-2008, 09:12 PM

826 posts, read 1,626,191 times
I agree. I just might paint myself black to stay safe.

Old 10-19-2008, 09:13 PM

5,376 posts, read 5,350,659 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by CarolinaCowboy View Post
I was at the NC state fair on Saturday wearing my McCain Palin sticker, as were many people wearing their Obama / Biden ones. When I was in a large crowd, so thick I could not move by the food booths Two black females noticed my sticker and said "Get that racist fucin sticker out of my face you biaatch." I moved along and said nothing, but to me it really showed the double standard in this election. All tactics, hate and racism is fair game for one party, and just the assumption of racism is enought to convict the other!
The bigger the crowd, the better the chance you'll run into a idiot. It has very little to do with politics and a whole lot to do with upbringing. Unfortunately both sides have little to be proud of. Everybody wants to be right, even if they are wrong. If the news doesn't fit, make it up.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections