Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 10-19-2008, 09:14 PM

5,041 posts, read 6,234,613 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by CarolinaCowboy View Post
I was at the NC state fair on Saturday wearing my McCain Palin sticker, as were many people wearing their Obama / Biden ones. When I was in a large crowd, so thick I could not move by the food booths Two black females noticed my sticker and said "Get that racist fucin sticker out of my face you biaatch." I moved along and said nothing, but to me it really showed the double standard in this election. All tactics, hate and racism is fair game for one party, and just the assumption of racism is enought to convict the other!
I don't believe you. I think this didn't happen at all the way you describe it. Further, your reputation here is such that I doubt very many others will believe it either.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 10-19-2008, 09:15 PM

4,538 posts, read 4,828,305 times
Oh man, I mean really, how desparate is that?

Old 10-19-2008, 09:17 PM

12,373 posts, read 13,233,360 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by idahogie View Post
I don't believe you. I think this didn't happen at all the way you describe it. Further, your reputation here is such that I doubt very many others will believe it either.
I don't, the story smelt.

Old 10-19-2008, 09:17 PM

2,311 posts, read 2,837,531 times
did you read the thread about trolling?

Old 10-19-2008, 09:19 PM

826 posts, read 1,630,192 times
What's so trolling about a lady getting beat up? This is serious and not something to laugh at by saying this thread is trolling.

Old 10-19-2008, 09:40 PM

30,902 posts, read 33,164,743 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by idahogie View Post
I agree with you.

Old 10-19-2008, 09:41 PM

552 posts, read 1,076,291 times
What happened to that women was definitely wrong, but I'm still not seeing where the man claims to be an Obama supporter or even a Democrat. As far as we know, the man's a part of the large percentage of Americans who don't vote/don't care and are disgruntled by the amount of politics being shoved down everyone's throat this year.

Old 10-19-2008, 09:42 PM

21,026 posts, read 22,216,682 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Slash83 View Post
What's so trolling about a lady getting beat up? This is serious and not something to laugh at by saying this thread is trolling.
Ok, Not trolling? How about stupid?

Is that a little more precise?

Each side has incidents like this ...it means absolutely nothing.

It most assuredly does NOT mean ALL Democrats are this or ALL Republicans are that!

Personally these vague unsubstantiated (or substantiated) "individual incident" posts from EITHER side are stupid and should be deleted immediately.

I personally know a Republican who is racist and I DO NOT think ALL Republicans are racist!

Old 10-19-2008, 09:47 PM

30,902 posts, read 33,164,743 times
By the way, how did this woman's story grow from being hit on the head and having a pink mark, to having her glasses "almost" broken and her wrist cut in addition?

I'd bet dollars to donuts the entire thing is a sham and never happened, period. I mean it's just getting silly now. What next? She also has a hip fracture, is suffering post traumatic stress syndrome and may have a concussion? Does this woman even exist? All I've seen so far is a supposed complaint...well, not the actual complaint, but page 1 of a complaint, with identifying information blacked out. And a bunch of hearsay about how "some" woman "said" someone assaulted her in New York.

I mean imagine that.

Old 10-19-2008, 09:53 PM

2,311 posts, read 2,837,531 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Slash83 View Post
You're dramatizing a situation that was proven false, secondly you are starting a second thread when one already existed (yours with ridiculous claims attached).

Read the sticky. Vote for whoever you want but don't be a part of the blatant lies from either side. Smear-mongering is pretty pathetic.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections